Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

mounting a warn winch to a rancher

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2000, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys....I was wondering just how much labor and skill is involved in mounting a Warn A2000 winch to a Rancher. What types of mounting kits will work for this application? Is installation easy, or should I let the dealer do it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks..Greg

Old 04-25-2000, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

Hey where we live, if we get a winch from or honda dealer, they install it for free if you just bought an atv there in a 3 month. So you can check with you'r dealer there and see if they do that.

Old 04-26-2000, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider

sexshopper:
LovinHonda is right, check with your dealer if you have purchased the rancher fairly recently, they should do it for free, or at least discounted. I had my dealer install mine on the 'Cat when I bought it, which was a free install, and a $69 winch, which was an AC promo deal. The dealer said that they normally charge one hours labor, which was about $40 to do a complete install. This one hour time frame is definately for those who know what they are doing. If you've never done it before, it may take a bit longer, as you will want to make sure it is all perfect, so that no wires are loose, or able to be snagged by sticks or branches when out in the crud. As for mounting kits, Cabela's has mounting kits for nearly every utility quad out there, or try hi-per.com, they've got mounting kits and winchs for roughly the same price. You'll have to decide if the dealer rate is worth your time involved to do a good job with it. The instructions are fairly easy to follow, it just takes time to do it right. Anyhow, good luck with whatever you decide.

Mike

Old 04-26-2000, 02:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

My warn 2000 just arrived this morning UPS. I'm going to tackle it tonight. I did check with Honda cause I have a new Rancher, they wanted 3 hours labor to install. No breaks from them,said I didn't buy it from them. I did look at one they installed, they did a nice job. They put the relay in the tool box out of the elements and did a nice job with the zip ties. For a $175 I'll take a shot at installing myself!!