Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

How come Hondas falling behind lately?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How come Hondas falling behind lately?!?!?!

Originally posted by: dzzy
sure, the Honda's were at the head of the competition at last years baja 1000, and several other races I heard about too. take your lithium, wyoduner, you're losing touch with reality.
Yo man, no need to resort to insults alright. If you can't hold a civil conversation then stay off the forums. Resorting to insults in a debate is a definite sign of a simple mind.

Besides, wasn't the Rincon driven by the best rider and didn't it have quite a few changes made to it??? The front end 4x4 components were removed to take off 60 lbs of weight and the story is that the Honda team cut the course and were penelized and actually lost the race but under protest they were given the win. So please, don't give me the BS about the Rincon winning the Baja. The specially modified Rincon with the best rider Honda could afford that cheated won the Baja. Get your facts straight next time, OK!!!

Old 04-25-2003, 11:49 AM
Range Rover

Suzuki is the only way to FLY!!!
I use Honda's for Traction. LOL.

Old 04-25-2003, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: WyoDuner
Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
decent 2-stroke and yamaha dont go together

Again, can anybody tell me of a Honda quad that is better than the competition??? Well???? Anybody?????

What do you mean by better??...does faster make it better?..if so then honda isn't the best....does more comfortable make it better??..if so then honda isn't the best...(i haven't rode the rincon so i don't know what that's like)..it depends on what you want....i want to be able to ride alone 30 miles back in the woods like i often do....and have the confidence that my ride will get me back out....honda gives me that confidence...how do you think honda got it's reputation for reliability...they earned it...same as Polaris earned it's reputation as perhaps the smoothest ride....and the P650's reputation for speed....i've owned polaris, suzuki and 3 hondas....so i know what i'm talking about.

Old 04-25-2003, 03:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RoostKing
From Coyote Chaser..
Umm you may have forgotten key fact. SUZUKI HAD THE FIRST SPORT QUAD ON THE MARKET, THE 1985 LT 250 R. SO IS WHAT YOU MEANT TO SAY WAS THE HONDA IS COPYING SUZUKI.
I think we will all agree that nothing from the LT250 and the 250r were copied. Yeah, their model was out a year earlier but it was garbage compared to the quality of the honda.

Old 04-25-2003, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

Again, PERCEIVED reliability doesn't make it "better" not does faster or more comfortable or any other single factor.

I would say "better" is a combination of all of the above and more such as features, modern technology, price, etc.

So a "better" sport quad one would be one with plenty of power, good handling, good suspension, liquid cooling, reverse, smooth tranny, comfortable & good ergonomics, etc....

A good utility quad would be one with disc brakes all around, locking front diff, good adjustable suspension, low range, agressive tires maybe, comfortable powerful, well designed racks, etc....

So what's better - a 400ex or Z400, a Rincon or Grizley 660 or Prarie 650, etc....

Old 04-25-2003, 04:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Saying Honda has fallen behind the competition is like saying the spoon I ate my cereal with this morning has fallen behind the competition.

Sometimes there is no need to improve upon a simple, rock solid design.

Usually these "improvements" are as much marketing tools as anything else. Don't forget someone is gettin paid big bucks to convince you their way is better then the other guy's.

Old 04-25-2003, 05:31 PM
BSA
Pro Rider

Honda concentrates on three things, reliability, reliability and reliability. Because of this Honda leads everybody in sales.

Also, look in the paper for ATV sales, usually very few if any Hondas. Owners are either keeping them or the sales are private and the owners don't need to go to the paper to sell. The other ATV manufacturers wish they would be as backward and wrong as Honda.

Also, I cannot help but notice my friends with non-Hondas bragging about how much better their ATV is than a Honda, at the same time they are trying to sell it and buy something else. If their ATV is so great why are they trying to sell it??

Honda knows reliability sells.

Old 04-25-2003, 05:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I just want to clear up that I asked: Where were the Suzuki sport quads for years? Because Suzuki stopped making the quadsport in 1992 and just recently came out with the Z400/KFX400/Arctic400. Then Roostking said about the Suzuki coming out with the first sport quad. Blah Blah etc...

Old 04-25-2003, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

Cant seem to sell my 400ex.It didn't hold to much value after I bought it new.Thats probley why you dont see them for sale not every body wants to take the BIG loss of $ to sell it.

Old 04-25-2003, 06:06 PM
Range Rover

Yeah Mxmike, most people dont want to buy the 400ex anymore because the Z/KFX400 is a much better quad for the same price.

Quick Reply: How come Hondas falling behind lately?!?!?!