Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

are mudzillas good on a rincon???

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 11:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are mudzillas good on a rincon???

are you selling them with or without the rims i see in the pic you have them on rims. what the tread on the m/s don't wrap around as far as the m/t's from the pics i've looked at they look about the same

Old 04-30-2003, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

not really the m/ts are more aggressive, you need to go look as some up close.

No the rims stay with me

Old 05-01-2003, 03:54 AM
Pro Rider

I like my Bi and Tri Claws, They have deep lugs, good cleanout, a very good ride for a mudtire, and they are not any heavier than 589's. They may not be a zilla but they are great tires.

Old 05-01-2003, 04:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

You said: "what do you think 26" or 27". thanks, andy".

CatKrazy said: "i would go with the 27 12x12s all the way around. Thats what I did. i also have the c sries wheels".

Andy, my boy, be careful about ordering those babies without getting busy with a tape measure first. Just because CatKrazy runs 'em on his Cat, doesn't mean they'll fit on your Rincon. These are two different animals.

Note the space between the battery housing and the tire/wheel on the right rear corner of your Rincon. I measured this and found that even the 26" Mudlites will come dangerously close to rubbing the battery housing.

As your rear suspension travels up and down this distance will vary throughout the travel. To get a true measurement of the safe amount of clearance, put your Rincon on a Jack Stand of some sort so that the suspension sags all the way down. Then measure the clearance between the battery and the wheel/Tire.

Another option is to order the C-series alum. wheels that CatKrazy so wisely advised. As long as you specify that you want them for a Rincon, those babies are designed with clearance in mind for the big mud tires you covet.

You should also check the clearance with the suspension all the way squashed. To do this, call up a buddy or two and tell 'em to come over and help you squat your suspension all the way down. While it is squating note any clearance issues with the plastic/ or supports. If this is an issue, Hi-Lifter has a plastic relocation kit that will help fix this problem.

Try to use the measuring tape in areas that are questionable to get an idea how big you are willing to go.

You can definely fit almost any tire you want under there, however, you may not want to spend all the time and effort necessary to make it happen when you consider that there are compromises that will get the job done.

DONT BUY BEFORE MEASURING THE CLEARANCE!!!

You may save yourself some headache.

Good luck,

Friend in Alaska,

Wily

Old 05-01-2003, 09:46 AM
Trailblazer

i know what you are saying. i know a guy that has 26" and has no problem. i'm just still alittle confused on which one to buy. don't want something too heavy but want the tread that works when i need it. i think the mudlites look better everyday

Old 05-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

Not to mention you can also purchase th wide trac spacers. I have the on my rear because on a stock Arctic cat the rear is narrower than the front by about 1 1/2 inches. i went ahead and ordered four,but i only used two of them. I fyou know anyone that has the 4-115 bolt pattern and needs some let me know/ Thos eare on ebay also! for cheap.

The musdzilla tires are just a tri claw on steriods!!!! hehe