Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

are mudzillas good on a rincon???

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 11:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are mudzillas good on a rincon???

how well do mudzillas work on a rincon?? please let me know something i'm fixing to buy some thanks

Old 04-29-2003, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

I would go for blackwater xt's. Ive got some on my 300 4x4 and love them they pull great.

Old 04-29-2003, 01:59 AM
Trailblazer

Me personally am not much on Zilla's..To heavy IMO..If you want a good mud tire and not worried about the ride go with Outlaws.

Old 04-29-2003, 11:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey rescue1,

If you're like me, you like the smooth ride of the OEM radials but were dissatisfied with their ability in the mud.
In order to retain as much of the smooth ride as possible, I would steer clear of any of the ultra heavy casings that are typical of many of the top mudding tires.

Some ideas:
Take a trip down to your local ATV dealer and kick some of their tires around a bit. Look for one with a little more 'OEM' flex if trail comfort is important to you. The Polaris dealer will have a Sportsman with the Grips mounted up that you can kick as well.

Take a close look at the mudlites, bear claws, and Goodyear Rawhide Grips. They are more flexible than the top mud tires, although their casing will likely be thinner as well. This means a shallower tread depth (a trade off you may have to live with until more radial mud tires become available). Be careful not to rush out an buy the first mud tire that says 'Radial' on it. This doesn't necessarily mean it is more flexible/ lighter than other top mud tires (Radial Outlaws). It simply means that its worth a closer look/ kick.

I already have a set of four of the Rahide Grips on order, but you may be looking for something engineered a little more exclusively for mud. In that case, mudlites will be more flexible allowing a smoother ride, while still getting you through most mudholes.
The Grips will get through most of the mudholes I ride in, and the ones that they don't, I have to winch out of. That is a risk I am willing to take in order to have a better trail tire on such an outstanding 'trail' machine.

Other reasons not to grab the biggest badest mud tire are:

The extra power needed to turn them
Wear and tear on your steering components/ bearings/ and your arms!
Rough ride on the way to the mudhole

Good Luck with your decision.

I will send you pictures and a review when I receive my Grips if you like.

Friend in Alaska,

Wily
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2003, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

Mudzillas are the best pulling tire out there period. I mean they all pull great! but you do lose HP, but what HP you loose you gain in traction! The 650 has plenty of power to pull the big cleats,but then again what do you expect to do with your wheeler? If y ou Nud bogg get some zillas or Outlaws. if you want a great all around pulling tire that will hang with the big dogs get some mudlites . I droped 60 pounds by just switching from the zillas to the mudlites. I gained my HP back and there is no more close calls! with the ground clearance power and width i have thers not many bike that will out do mine! Just go with your gut! I was extemly impressed with the price of the mudlites and the performance in the gumbo here at the mississippi river! everyone was in shock! go to my Arctic Cat crazy pics below and check em out The zillas are also on there

Old 04-30-2003, 09:50 AM
Trailblazer

i was looking at the mudlites just because of the weight issue. from the pics i've look at over the net the tread didn't look like much. looked like mudlites had a small tread/cleat on it. i've never seen them up close so i really don't know. how rough was the ride when you had the zillas on. and power loss i'm not trying to 60mph i just want to go through the mud and make it. i aslo was looking at the 589 m/s too. i've just seen the zillas craw through some stuff and i said dang!!!

Old 04-30-2003, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

Rescue 1

DOnt get caught up in the looks of tires. I did not want to swallow my pride and face the facts that the Zillas are heavy and they hurt you more than help. These competition tires are for bike with modified engines and such! You need to check out my pictures,Just click on the arctic cat crazy pics at the bottom of this screen. I have a close up of the mudlites there!

ALso I do nothing but mud bog. I dont trail ride! i mud bog! Trust me I would not be setting here telling you the mudlites pull just as good as the mudzillas if the did not! I own them both. I did better Saturday than i have ever done before! because

#1 I gained my stock horse power and torque back
#2 I was able to hit 1 st 2nd and third gear in the deep nasty stuff! where as only 1st with the zillas.
#3 I lost weight and stress on my bike.

I could tell you a few stories about Saturday, but it involves a few hondas and you probly dont wanna here it,but I didnt think my father in law was going to talk to me on the way home, he was pissed. he has outlaws. and the guy with the grizz had Vampires. I made it they didnt. there is alot more to it than that but i dont wanna talk crap about anyones bike especially on the HONDA FORUM. Sometimes you have to make a sacrafice and not go with what you think will make you bike look good, but what is good for your bike. Im telling you I like the Mudlites better than my zillas! The zillas are a awsome tire,but they hurt you more than help!

Check Out my pics below

Old 04-30-2003, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

go to new cat pics in my arctic cat crazy pics

Old 04-30-2003, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

The cleats on my mudlites are 1 1/4 inch. the cleats on my mud zillas are almost a 1 1/2 inch. but they are alot wider cleat than the mudlites.

I put a picture of my zillas on there too,so you can check em out

Old 04-30-2003, 04:46 PM
Trailblazer

well i sure don't want to spend that kind of money and regret it because of power loss and some future problems. thats for sure!!!your pic of the mudlites does them alot more justice than the one companies have up trying to sell them. on their pics it just looks like a small tread tire not much to it. i'll have to find out what kind of price i can get on mudlites i know it has to be cheaper than zillas. on my rincon what do you think 26" or 27". thanks, andy

Quick Reply: are mudzillas good on a rincon???