Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

submarine rancher

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default submarine rancher

just wanted to let you honda guys in on a little story. this weekend my buddy on his 2003 rancher es tried to go across o pond. notice tried. he got a little off the rock trail under the waterand sunk to his racks then the handle bars then his chest. at that time the machine barell rolled the tires popped to the surface then sank to the bottom like a rock. he was standing on the bottom of the upside down quad to his waist in water.after we took tke long way around 10-15 minutes later we winched him out.after draing the airbox removing th sparkplug and turning the motor over and tipping it onto the rear of the quad on to seperate occasions the unbeleivable happened. IT STARTED RIGHT UP. where he promplty rode it straight home on a five mile trek back. point of the story is that honda makes on hell of a machine that wont leave you stranded. kudos to honda. p.s. hope my 650 praire will hold up as well as the rancher or my good old 300ex.

Old 05-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

Hey sounds like hes pretty lucky
but.............A simular situation happend to me about 2 weeks ago. I tried crossing a "puddle" with my dirtbike but to no avail. The bike was only underwater for about 1 minute but the damage was done. Walked it home and let it water itself out by sitting for a night. I then drained all the fluids and refilled it. With help jump starting by a 4wheeler it begain to run well for about 2 days but suddenly bam after i tried kicking it after no being rode for a day nothing...........checked everything and it wont run.........gonna have to take the engine apart when me and my dad get the time. but then again my dirtbike is a bored out 2 stroke so who knows.......
if any machine will work well after being sunk in a pond its a honda

Old 05-05-2003, 09:21 PM
Range Rover

Yes, i think honda makes a heck of a machine. I love my foreman 400 4x4 and it has gave me no problems. I think kawasaki also makes a good machine too though, and i have heard a lot of good stuff about the prarie 650. Good luck with the prarie.

Old 05-06-2003, 12:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

moosin- Make sure your friend changes his oil a couple of times until the cloudy oil is gone.

Old 06-29-2003, 04:43 PM
Trailblazer

I sunk my kawasaki bayou 300 4x4 a couple weeks ago before I made my snorkels. Sunk it up to the handle bars. got it to land, drained the airbox sqeezed the airfilter dry. I took out my sparkplug and let some of the water shoot out. Put it back together and after 5 seconds it came back to life. Of course the oil turned into chocolate milk wich I changed shortly after I got home