Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Best 350 pv motor? LRD, CT, ESR?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 12:46 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 350 pv motor? LRD, CT, ESR?

I can put in a word about the LRD 350PV setup. I've had one for about year and half now and have nothing but good to say. It's a strong motor from top to bottom. It's not the fastest thing around, but it's strong and smooth. I use mine for trails and the occasional dune trip. Customer service with LRD has also been excellent. I've got LRD motors in all 3 R's now and am pleased with them all. As far as the new pv setup vs. the bellows style (Rotax RAVE), I can't comment on it, but I've had no problem so far with the standard RAVE setup on either the 350PV or 265PV. LRD is a little pricier than CT and ESR, but they do excellent work.

Old 05-12-2003, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

im not sure all the bugs have been completely worked out of the polanda set up

Old 05-12-2003, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Well i DONT race, not at all. So top speed isnt exactly the BIGGEST concern, i wont be running alky, or a drag pipe.. nor some 12 paddle haulers, Just a bike that can get me up some big hills in the dunes without a problem.

Could i get more info on the Polonda? any one that owns one or has a friend that owns one like it? or have probs?

Old 05-15-2003, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

i just can't believe noone has brought up . duncan raceingnot only is there port layout way better... but the sleve and piston is coated nikasil! so check them out kid's, noone else coat's there sleves although all companpies have been doing this to there mx bike's since i believe 94 the only draw back is "and im sure someone would have brought it up anyways" is that you can't bore them but the sleves last for a long time. AND you can still hone them

Old 05-16-2003, 01:13 PM
Trailblazer

I sure hope you are good friends with Dave Moore because if your not you probablly won't be happy with the quality or performance of your motor.

I have had a few friends use him and one year later neither one is using his motors,he will promise you the world but if your not his buddy don't expect to much.

Old 05-16-2003, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

Well i've heard bad stuff about MP, so i'll ditch that, same with PSI..

I've heard the best things about ESR.. and a lot of people have reccomended me their 370 pv motor setup. But i have some questions, how reliable is this motor and how many bores will i get out of it.

And second, i dont drag race but how good does ESR port? (are their motors tempermental? etc..) Thanks.

Old 05-16-2003, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

Well after reading your posts it looks to me that you want a good all around engine set up, solid reliability,powerfull but not yet extreme so if i were you id ditch the idea of a stroker set up or anykind of hybrids like the Polonda set up. Those engine set ups are not really meant for all around riding although it can be done to some extend, you would be better off with a ProX 310-350cc PV or not stock stroke set up...Just my two cents...

Old 05-17-2003, 12:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You dont even need to run the PV setup with a torque style pipe. Even with my wife's 330 Bolt on ESR kit and her TRX11 pipe it has a lot of bottom end.

Old 05-17-2003, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

how much your wife weigh? I think i need the extra bottom end. =]

Old 05-17-2003, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

A PV doesn't give more bottom end. It more so make sthe power smoother. With the CT kit there is almost NO hit at all. When you first ride a PV cylinder it feels slow becasue of the hit-less power. You are going faster than you think you are.

As for MP Racing. He builds some amazing motors. His has become very popular and has a hard time keeping up with his customers. He is not hiring any Joe off the street to build motors like I have seen other companies do that get to large. So it may take a while if you get a motor from him. He does not do the PV's right now and the Polanda, from what I have seen, does not last as long as a pro-x PV.

Buy a PV, you will be happy!

Quick Reply: Best 350 pv motor? LRD, CT, ESR?