Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Split Limb vs. Solid Limb

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 12:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Split Limb vs. Solid Limb

I'm not a split limb expert and have never owned one. BUT, I did spend some time shooting a Reflex split limb with Cam & 1/2 last time I was at Cabelas in KC. I must say it was a smooth shooting bow, comfortable with almost no handshock and accurate too. The draw was amzingly smooth - much more so than a single cam. Seemed to be an excellent bow for the price.

Old 11-08-2004, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Which model did you shoot?

Old 11-08-2004, 09:31 AM
Range Rover

It was the Reflex Excursion.

Old 11-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

This is what I got and I love it, shoots great!

I purchased a Cabelas PL1.5 bow recently and the bow is awesome. Its' the Cam and 1/2 technology and it's supposted to be unable to come out of time, I can see why once you look at how the wheels work. The bow is very fast and shoots accurate and it's lightweight. My brother bought a paralell limb bow from bowtech at the same time and my bow is much faster and we use the same draw length and identical arrows and same poundage. My arrows sink 6 inches further into the target!! The bow is smooth, quiet and I love it. I havn't shot a matthews to compare however..

I can reccomend it. If you do order this bow however make sure you can tune it or know someone that's really good at tuning the bow, also if you choose the wisker biscuit make sure they send you the right one! they sent me a wisker bisquit for alum arrows when I ordered carbon arrows..they lost a few points for that one.

Old 11-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Range Rover

I think it would make a good bow for the price (Reflex I mean). Yes, there are better bows on the market, but not for $250. And to be honest, I'm not so sure it isn't as good as my $500 Parker. True, I didn't get to shoot it a bunch, but I wouldn't be afraid to buy one.

Old 11-09-2004, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Dirtydude
This is what I got and I love it, shoots great!

I can reccomend it. If you do order this bow however make sure you can tune it or know someone that's really good at tuning the bow[quote]

What's your definition of "tuning?" If the Cam & 1/2 performs as it's supposed to, just as reliable as a single-cam, then I shouldn't need too much expert tuning. If, however, you simply mean setting it up and sighting it in, I can handle that myself.

Old 11-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

Ya I mean set it up

need to install the knock, I used a loop metal "D" loop on mine and I like that. Need to install the sights and zero them so they are square and inline with the string travel. Need to install the arrow rest, I used the wisker bisquit and I like that too. Then you need to tune the arms so your arrow travels perfectly straight at 10 yards, then 15 and 20 yards, so you get perfect holes shooting thru the paper. If one arm is a tad stiffer than the other then it can put a wobble in your flight.

The nice thing about cam and a half is your knock travels perfectly straight from the riser all the way back to full pull, the string and knock doesn't rise up when you pull it back then lower back as you let go.

I'm not good enough and don't know enough or have the right tools for a perfect setup, I can get close but that's about it.

Old 12-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

I currently shoot a PSE Nova. Has anyone shot this bow and also shot a Cam & 1/2 equipped bow, particularly a Reflex, that can tell me if the Reflex is clearly a better bow than the PSE?