Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

How to get rid of mean wild dog???

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 12:27 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get rid of mean wild dog???

Paintball gun with frozen paintballs will scare him good.

Old 10-31-2004, 01:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: KegCan
Paintball gun with frozen paintballs will scare him good.
Those are fun for all kinds of things. But I just about beat my 14 year old cousin when he used some in a paintball game...

Old 10-31-2004, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with the others on not using Anti-freeze. Just not the right way to go about getting rid it.

Call the police or the VPSO. If the animal is becoming a problem and the owers (if there are any) won't control the animal the police or VPSO should put it down for you. They may also have the traps to do so. You may not be the first person to report the problem animal and they may be waiting for additional reports to take action.

If the police or VPSO won't do anything, just shoot the darn thing and ask for forgiveness later.

good luck
SJ

Old 10-31-2004, 02:26 AM
Quad Patrol

Don't use the anti-freeze, if anyone knows what you did and says anything, you can be charged with animal cruelty, no matter if the animal is being a nuisance[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Call animal control, let them know the problem your having and see if they have a trap. I would guess they don't though, dog traps can be pretty big and expensive for them to purchase. When the dog is in your area, call animal control every chance you get. The pepper spray should work. Majority of dogs hate it. Just don't spray it where you will put your hands. I've been to many calls, where I've sprayed a dog with my OC, and the dogs remembers me, on my next trip to the house and they run the other way. Good luck

Old 10-31-2004, 10:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Your local dog pound (or equiv) will probably not even bother coming out to pick up the animal...especially if it's wild. Anti-freeze is crual, and as rescuediver points out, can get you in trouble. You can get into more trouble with an animal than a human..which is sad. Anyway, my opinion is too go too the local home improvement store and pick up a varmit catch cage. It's just a cage with a trap door...and they come in all sizes. Then you could catch the animal and drop him off the proper authorities.
I had a genuine wild cat around the neighborhood a year or so ago. This cat killed a medium sized dog...I kid you not. Too smart too get cought in a cage. Dog pound of course never showed up. Kids allover the place..including my then 2 year old. Odd, but that cat just disappeared..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 10-31-2004, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This cat killed a medium sized dog...I kid you not.
Holy schlitz......I do believe you, but dont bring that thing around here. We got enuff trouble to worry about like cottonmouths, fiddlebacks and such. Dont need a freaking killer cat on the loose. Thats one bad azz feline.

Old 10-31-2004, 03:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL Ied say so,thats crazy

Old 11-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Thanks for all the comments guys! Maybe I will just try the .22 with some shorts in it, they are pretty quiet. I don't want to give it a long, slow death with the antifreeze. The animal contol out here is a joke, I have actually called them twice for the situation and they don't do anything. Normally, I wouldn't care if this dog is around, but we are expecting our first baby in March and don't want any trouble when playing outside.

Old 11-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Congrats on the baby, We are having our 3rd in April. (please pray for a boy for me) one more girl and I'm going nuts![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] just kidding!

Old 11-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Congrats on the baby to both of you

Quick Reply: How to get rid of mean wild dog???