Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

How to get rid of mean wild dog???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get rid of mean wild dog???

well what i do around here is i have one of those big huge squirt guns lol and squirt it at the dog or just take the hose and soak it lol and seriously it works. lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] (I'd go with the squirt gun at first..more fun lol) -this is only if the dog doesnt try attacking you then get a damn BB gun lol

Old 11-04-2004, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just shoot it and if anything is said say it was trying to attack u

Old 11-04-2004, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

I say snare it, use a loop and such then get it caught by a rope then tie the rope to your quad and drag it all around the city leaving a bloody trail all thru town ][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

I like Joechum's answer. Tear some old clothes, get some fake blood....what the heck...make a video and sell it.

Old 11-04-2004, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

If you're going to use .22 shorts you may as well use the anti-freeze. At least the anti-freeze is sure to kill it. Try and get a video of it in your trash to show that it really is a pest. Then go to the animal control or the sheriff's dept. Sometimes they will bring a cage out and try and catch it for you. If it continues to be a pest and you feel you are in danger and neither agency will help you, then use the anti-freeze. Yes, it's a painfull way to die, but then so is having a dog grab you or some child by the throat.

Old 11-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

I shot a damn stray dog this morning when I caught him killing my chickens. He was some sort of pit bull mixed breed. 5 quick shots from the AR put the hurt on him. For those who are interested in such things I used 55g Corbon Blitz King tactical rounds. Devastating ammo. I think the first one killed him and the other 4 were out of sheer anger. Bastard killed 2 chickens and hurt the other so bad I had to kill her.

Old 11-05-2004, 05:28 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

call animal control!!!

anti-freeze is a cruel prospect,,,,,,and if you got caught,,,,,a prosecutable offense

Pesky dog or not,,,,if I caught someone poisoning my dog,,,,I would kill them. On the other hand,,,,if someone found my hungry/lost dog and returned it to me, I would hug them.

Old 11-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Bing, it's a wild dog.

We all know that animal control's cooperation can be less than helpful, and he stated he cant shoot a gun in his neighborhood. And I would think the chances of a neighbor spotting him shooting a dog with a bow would be pretty high.

I was just trying to offer a suggestion. I never stated that it was kind or socially acceptable. Then again, some people think that killing any animal for any reason should be a crime.

I do appreciate that the members have been intelligent enough to not attack me personally for my suggestion. Your rejection of the idea has been very respectful to me and I thank you for it.

Old 11-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bing
Pesky dog or not,,,,if I caught someone poisoning my dog,,,,I would kill them.
So your dog is worth more than a human life? You would commit murder over an animal? OK. Just wanted to get that straight.

The best way to keep your dog from being poisoned or shot is to keep it on your own property. If it is damaging or destroying someone else's property it deserves whatever fate the owner of said property deems necessary.

Old 11-05-2004, 10:56 PM
Range Rover

do what everybody else said, just call animal control.
maybe the dog won't be around by the time your baby can walk. i don't know about you but if i had a newborn, i wouldn't let him/her go outside by themselves.

Quick Reply: How to get rid of mean wild dog???