Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

5 killed in Wisconsin Deer Hunting Dispute

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 killed in Wisconsin Deer Hunting Dispute

[i]Oh yea the sks will get al kinds of media attention, along with the assult weapons ban. Here in Missouri there is a limit of 11 rounds the rifle can carry. 11!!! 5 is to many. How many times do you get 5 shots at one deer?
Th assualt weapons ban died a few months ago. You can have high capacity magazines again. They sell everywhere for $20.00. and that "5 is to many" deal is the same thing the Democraps, animal rights nuts, and anti-gunners are always screaming. If I want a 1000 round magazine in my SKS that be easily modified to fully-automatic, I will have one. I know, I know, if he had a 1000 rounds, there would be more dead hunters. That is a tragedy, And he should not gotten out of the woods alive. I feel sorry for the families and friends of the victims. And by the way, a sixth hunter has died as a result of this weirdo.

Old 11-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

I love to fire off rounds from a high capacity clip. Heck, I've fired 100's of rounds in an afternoon through a mini 14 .223 with high capacity mags 30 and 40 round clips. I just dont think its needed for deer hunting. Varmits or target shooting is another story. I dont want any ban on guns, nor do I side with any anti-hunting/guns wackos, but I do think a limit on clip capacity for deer hunting is a good idea.

Old 11-23-2004, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

You may be on to something there. It would go right along with "fair-chase" and other ethical hunting decisions. A LOT of hunters will argue that ethics should not turn into laws, however, where do you think our current "common-sense" laws come from? I think it would fairly easy to initiate a round limit, such as in bird hunting and the required plug to restrict the amount of shells in the gun.

Old 11-23-2004, 02:50 PM
Range Rover

It doesn't matter if you got two or thirty two bullets in you gun, you don't shoot 6 people dead over a tree stand. Yeah that woman and that boy deserved it alright. He needs to be hung by his onions for a bout a week in 30 degree weather and then start getting serious about a punishment. Gonna cause havoc for every law abiding citizen and hunter, just what they need more ammo to take away our rights.

Old 11-23-2004, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Vang told investigators he didn't realize he was on private property when he climbed the tree stand, according to the probable-cause statement released Tuesday.
A hunter approached Vang to tell him he was on private property, and Vang started to leave as other hunters approached, the statement said. Vang said the hunters surrounded him, and some started calling him racial slurs.
Vang said he started walking away but looked back to see the first hunter point his rifle at him and then fire a shot that hit the ground 30 to 40 feet behind him, the statement said.
That's when Vang told investigators he started firing at the group, and some fell to the ground and others tried to run away, according to the statement.

This is from the AP. And total crap. It's the same old story, save thyself. Like any amount of hunters are going to "surround" a man armed with a SKS. Pulease. How do you NOT know you are on private property when climbing into a tree-stand??? He's so screwed. And Yes, I agree, no matter how many rounds you have, shooting non-life-threatening people for telling you to leave is a good reason to get sent to he11.

Old 11-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wow, I can see of off color and insensitive comments on some subjects,
but holy ****... A couple of the comments on here are outrageous, period....

All the news articles make for good conversation, but again like some said, we don't have the whole story and it's hard to tell the facts from the news at this early stage.

That said, I don't think anything can or will come out to justify this sick ba$tard$ actions.
Especially if it turns out that only one or two of the eight were armed, although I find that hard to believe. But if they were indeed unarmed, that shows they were not out to harm this guy.

Most report that he got down, walked away fumbling with his gun, then turned around and started shooting. Two reports I read stated he took the scope off the gun, then started shooting. Which would make sense on how he could of actually hit all of them so quick. A lot easier to to shoot that many people at that range without a scope. "IF" that is true, it takes a little more thought to think to take the scope off to shoot, vs fearing for your life and shooting in self defense. That would show he definately thought about it and knew what he wanted to do.

The SKS can definately be termed an assault rifle I think. It takes no modification to that gun to use a 20, 30, or 50 round clip. Even the Ban that just lapped didn't outlaw the clips themselves, they were just unable to sell them anymore.
Even though I don't see why you would want to use one for hunting, they are legal to hunt with. Very accurate guns with the iron sights without a scope. As long as the gun is legal and also fits the criteria for hunting, who is to say what gun we can use to hunt with??? I would not be opposed to limiting the size of the clip for hunting though. No need to fire off 10 or 20 rounds at a animal (which I have personally seen, ironically with the SKS). Two kids saw a spike (yearling with little nubs that were barely legal) in a clearcut and open up on him, also killing the doe (mom) that was with him, and leaving moms second yearling to fend for herself now. They fired in excess of 30 rounds. We did get them caught though. It's a pretty funny story but I won't go into it here.

I'm curious and look forward to the story and "fact's" that come out. I'm sure Court TV will be all over this one.

Old 11-23-2004, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Well as the story says, they were calling him names and shot him first, don't know if its true but this guy has been arrested for domestic violence twice and also because he threaten to kill his wife.

Old 11-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Also, it's now SIX dead one more died in the hospital.

Old 11-23-2004, 06:01 PM
Range Rover

That is disgusting that a person could shoot another person (let alone 8) over a f***ing treestand//

Someone should beat that guys ***.
no no no no no/ that c*cksucker should be beat to a pulp and then put in the Wisconson state prison,, and be passed around ( FRESH MEAT)

Old 11-23-2004, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

hahaha fresh meat,,,, hes a good shot, but we'll see how that helps him in the state Pen... lol

Quick Reply: 5 killed in Wisconsin Deer Hunting Dispute