Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

5 killed in Wisconsin Deer Hunting Dispute

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 03:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 killed in Wisconsin Deer Hunting Dispute

Originally posted by: fishslab
I just heard about it on the radio. It made me sick to hear of something like this. I hope the shooter gets the death penalty.
he definitaly diserves the death penalty

Old 11-24-2004, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yes I must be some sort of racist. I dated a mexican, a black and an asian girl in high school when it wasn't acceptable to do so. In college I dated a girl from Ukraine and a girl of Persian decent. Now I am seeing a girl of SE asian (thailand) decent again. I have close friends of hispanic and middle eastern decent. My god what a redneck racist b*st*rd I am.

I don't believe that being American is simply a question of citizenship or a piece of paper. Not respecting American culture and ways of behaving and not showing loyalty to this country makes you foreign. Foreign as in: born in, belonging to, or characteristic of some place or country other than the one under consideration. alien in character : not connected or pertinent. I know people who have had to deal with the Hmong trespassing on their property and they are by their actions foreign and their attitudes are contemptuous of the landowners. It isn't a racial thing. It is an attitude thing.

I would guess you are the bigot and the ignorant one. You throw the word redneck around in the pejorative like it was the "N" word. In any event I am through with you.

I do regret telling you to stick your head and other things in your rectum and even telling you to F off. That was not appropriate for this forum. I had just got off the phone with a friend who was closely acquainted with two of the deceased in Wisconsin and my emotions were running high.

For those of you who would be interested in making a donation to help the families

Rice Lake Hunters Survivors and Victims Fund
Dairy State Bank, 16 S. Main St.
Rice Lake, Wis. 54868

I am finished with the thread

Old 11-24-2004, 07:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

OK guys, enough is enough. You guys are getting into this pretty deep.
As long as you both keep attacking each other, the other is going to want to defend themself.
Don't need this to get uglier than it already is.

It is hard to have a conversation on the topic you two have got into on a forum like this. It can get pretty deep. By just typing away on here you can't see the tone, emotion, feeling in somebody's words to see exactly how they are coming across. You can get a totally different impression of something by just reading it, and it may not be right. Seen it many times on here. Once somebody is is attacked or insulted, the gloves come off (understandably).

You both can be big enough to let it go.

Far be it for me to say anything, sling at me all you want. I don't think I'm the almighty, I just don't like seeing topics go South like this and get into pissing matches and personal attacks. That's not the intent of these forums.

Sorry to go on, this is all just my opinion.

Thanks

Old 11-24-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

new info on the shooting I just read, very interesting:

"Cold case connection? Authorities are looking into whether the man suspected of killing six deer hunters in northern Wisconsin this week was involved in the unsolved slaying of another deer hunter three years ago, a detective told a newspaper.

"I can tell you we have been in contact with authorities from Sawyer County to address that," Clark County Sheriff's Department Detective Kerry Kirn told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on Tuesday.

Jim Southworth was shot to death Nov. 23, 2001, as he hunted on family land 10 miles east of Neillsville. Kirn said he had exchanged frequent calls this week with investigators in Sawyer County, where the six hunters were killed and two others wounded Sunday.

But "it is premature to speculate if there is a connection" between the two incidents, Kirn said.

Southworth was shot twice in the back, an autopsy found. Court records say several of those killed Sunday where shot in the back.

Witnesses said they saw a pickup truck with three men inside on a road near where Southworth's body was found, about 80 miles south of Sunday's shooting.

The three men were described as Asian, from 5-foot-4-inches to 6 feet tall, driving a silver or gray Nissan or Chevrolet pickup truck, possibly a late 1980s model with a light-colored fiberglass topper.

Chai Vang, 36, of St. Paul, Minn., who is being held on $2.5 million bond in Sunday's shootings, is 5-foot-4, according to a court document.

Vang has owned a 1987 Nissan pickup, the Journal Sentinel said, attributing that information to an unnamed online search service.

Vang had an out-of-state license to hunt in Wisconsin during 2001, said Mike Bartz, a Department of Natural Resources warden manager. The St. Paul man also had a license in 2000, 2002 and this year, Bartz said."

Old 11-24-2004, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

This is getting really interesting, I hope they bust him for that too. I know it sounds harsh, but for god's sake, he already killed 6 people.

Old 11-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I heard about that as well...my prayers are with the families of the victims.

Old 11-30-2004, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

This is from the official ciminal complaint. This is the most up-to-date and correct info. on this there is. And yes, from this I think he should fry.

STATE OF WISCONSIN CIRCUIT COURT SAWYER COUNTY
STATE OF WISCONSIN,
Plaintiff,
v. Case No. __________________
CHAI SOUA VANG,
DOB 09/24/68 A/M,
810 4TH STREET,
ST. PAUL, MN 55106,
Defendant.
CRIMINAL COMPLAINT
Your complainant, Gary Gillis, being first duly sworn on oath, deposes and says as follows:
COUNT 1: FIRST-DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE,
USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON
On or about November 21, 2004, in the Township of Meteor, County of Sawyer, State of
Wisconsin, the above-named defendant, did cause the death of Dennis Drew, with intent to kill
that person, by use of a dangerous weapon, to wit: a rifle, contrary to Wis. Stat. §§ 940.01(1)(a)
and 939.63(1)(b), a Class A Felony, and upon conviction shall be sentenced to imprisonment for
life.
And further, invoking the provisions of § 939.63(1)(b), because the defendant committed
this offense while using a dangerous weapon, the maximum term of imprisonment for the
underlying crime may be increased by not more than five (5) years.
COUNT 2: FIRST-DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE,
On or about November 21, 2004, in the Township of Meteor, County of Sawyer, State of
Wisconsin, the above-named defendant, did cause the death of Mark Roidt, with intent to kill
that person, by use of a dangerous weapon, to wit: a rifle, contrary to §§ 940.01(1)(a) and
939.63(1)(b), a Class A Felony, and upon conviction shall be sentenced to imprisonment for life.
And further, invoking the provisions of § 939.63(1)(b), because the defendant committed
this offense while using a dangerous weapon, the maximum term of imprisonment for the
COUNT 3: FIRST-DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE,
Wisconsin, the above-named defendant, did cause the death of Robert Crotteau, with intent to
kill that person, by use of a dangerous weapon, to wit: a rifle, contrary to §§ 940.01(1)(a) and
939.63(1)(b), a Class A Felony, and upon conviction shall be sentenced to imprisonment for life.
COUNT 4: FIRST-DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE,
Wisconsin, the above-named defendant, did cause the death of Joe Crotteau, with intent to kill
that person, by use of a dangerous weapon, to wit: a rifle, contrary to §§ 940.01(1)(a) and
- 2 -
COUNT 5: FIRST-DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE,
Wisconsin, the above-named defendant did cause the death of Allan Laski, with intent to kill that
person, by use of a dangerous weapon, to wit: a rifle, contrary to §§ 940.01(1)(a) and
COUNT 6: FIRST-DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE,
Wisconsin, the above-named defendant, did cause the death of Jessica Willers, with intent to kill
- 3 -
COUNT 7: ATTEMPTED FIRST-DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE,
Wisconsin, the above-named defendant, attempted to cause the death of Lauren Hesebeck, with
intent to kill that person, by use of a dangerous weapon, to wit; a rifle, contrary to
§§ 940.01(1)(a), 939.32 and 939.63(1)(b), a Class B Felony, and upon conviction may be
sentenced to a term of imprisonment not to exceed sixty (60) years.
COUNT 8: ATTEMPTED FIRST-DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE,
Wisconsin, the above-named defendant, attempted to cause the death of Terry Willers, with
intent to kill that person, by use of a dangerous weapon, to wit; a rifle, contrary to
§§ 940.01(1)(a), 939.32 and 939.63(1)(b), a Class B Felony, and upon conviction may be
sentenced to a term of imprisonment not to exceed sixty (60) years.
- 4 -
THE BASIS FOR YOUR COMPLAINANT'S CHARGE FOR SUCH OFFENSES IS:
1. Your complainant, Gary Gillis, is an Investigator with the Sawyer County
Sheriff’s Department and has been employed as a law enforcement officer for seventeen years
and makes this complaint based upon his personal knowledge, information and belief based on his
own investigation.
2. The defendant, Chai Soua Vang, DOB 09/24/68, has a last known place of
residence of 810 - 4th Street in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
3. Your complainant, along with fellow deputies from the Sawyer County Sheriff’s
Department, other law enforcement agencies, and Special Agents of the Division of Criminal
Investigation, Wisconsin Department of Justice, have been assigned to investigate the shooting
deaths of Dennis Drew, Mark Roidt, Robert Crotteau, Joe Crotteau, Allan Laski and Jessica
Willers and the shootings of Lauren Hesebeck and Terry Willers. Your complainant believes the
information set forth in this complaint to be truthful and reliable based upon complainant’s
personal knowledge as set forth herein, as well as upon information and belief based upon
statements of citizen/witnesses as set forth herein each of whom had personal knowledge of that
which they related; information received from fellow law enforcement officers which
information is believed to be truthful and reliable as the information was obtained in the course
of the officers’ official duties; information received from Ramsey County Minnesota Medical
Examiner (“Medical Examiner”) Michael McGee and Assistant Medical Examiners (“Assistant
Medical Examiner”) Kelly Mills and Paul Nora, experts in the field of Pathology, who performed
autopsies on the bodies of Dennis Drew, Mark Roidt, Robert Crotteau, Joe Crotteau, Al Laski
and Jessica Willers; and statements of the defendant made to your complainant against his penal
interest. The statements of Terry Willers and Lauren Hesebeck as set forth in this complaint
- 5 -
were provided to Special Agent John Christophersen of the Wisconsin Department of Justice,
Division of Criminal Investigation.
4. On November 21, 2004, which was the second day of Wisconsin’s rifle deer
hunting season, at approximately 12:30 p.m. your complainant was dispatched to 394N Deer
Lake Road in the Town of Meteor, County of Sawyer, State of Wisconsin, in response to a report
of a shooting with multiple victims. After arriving on the scene, your complainant determined
that Mark Roidt, Robert Crotteau, Joe Crotteau, Allan Laski and Jessica Willers were dead at the
scene from apparent gun shot wounds. Your complainant also determined that Dennis Drew had
been shot in the abdomen and was later advised on November 22, 2004, that Drew had died from
his wounds. Your complainant also determined that Terry Willers had been shot in the neck and
Lauren Hesebeck was shot in the shoulder.
5. Terry Willers stated that he and Robert Crotteau were co-owners of the property
where the shootings occurred and that the property was the location of a deer hunting cabin
which was being used by various family members and friends for the rifle deer hunting season
which had begun the previous day. As Terry Willers was returning to the cabin from hunting
that morning, and while carrying his hunting rifle slung over his shoulder, he observed an
individual sitting in a tree stand located on the property. Terry Willers used a walkie talkie to
communicate with other persons in the cabin and asked whether anyone was supposed to be in
the tree stand. After being informed that no one should be in the tree stand, Terry Willers then
approached the person, whom he described as an Asian male with a rifle, and told him to leave
the tree stand and the property. Terry Willers then reported over the walkie talkie that he had
told the individual, later identified as the defendant, to leave the property. Terry Willers then
followed the defendant as the defendant walked down a trail.
- 6 -
6. The defendant advised your complainant that he was in the military from 1989 to
1991 and had qualified as a marksman and had hunted deer since 1992, including the vicinity
where the events of November 21, 2004, occurred. The defendant also stated that on
November 21, 2004, he became lost while hunting and came upon a tree stand that he climbed
into with his rifle. About fifteen minutes later a hunter approached him and told him he was on
private property. The defendant then climbed down and began walking away. As he was
walking away he heard the hunter make a call on his walkie-talkie but did not hear what was
said. Your complainant believes that this hunter was Terry Willers.
7. Lauren Hesebeck stated that after Terry Willers called back to the cabin,
Hesebeck and Robert Crotteau, Joe Crotteau, Dennis Drew and Mark Roidt drove two all terrain
vehicles (“ATVs”) to where Terry Willers and the defendant were located. Hesebeck and Terry
Willers stated that neither Hesebeck, Robert Crotteau, Joe Crotteau, Dennis Drew, nor Mark
Roidt brought any firearms with them. Robert Crotteau informed the defendant that he was
trespassing, told the defendant to leave and used profanity. Robert Crotteau also stated that he
would report the defendant to the Department of Natural Resources (“DNR”) and that maybe that
would teach the defendant. Robert Crotteau then yelled out for someone to get the defendant’s
hunting license number and the number was yelled out and Terry Willers wrote down the
number on an ATV. The defendant did not reply to Robert Crotteau but continued walking.
Terry Willers and Hesebeck stated that at no time did anyone touch the defendant, make any
threatening gestures, or threaten to shoot the defendant. The defendant stated that the hunters
told him to leave the property and used profanity and racial slurs. The defendant admitted to
your complainant that he heard someone in the group say that the defendant’s hunting license tag
number should be written down and that he also heard someone say they were going to turn in
- 7 -
the defendant to a warden. The defendant stated that the hunters told him to “follow the ATV
trail and get the f#ck out of here and never come back.” The defendant also stated that the only
person he saw with a gun was the person who first approached him in the tree stand.
8. Terry Willers and Hesebeck stated that after the defendant walked away no one
followed the defendant and that Terry Willers began walking through the woods toward the
cabin while the other individuals turned the ATVs around to head back to the cabin. Hesebeck
stated that he looked back and saw the defendant about 20-30 yards away with his back turned
doing something with his firearm and then saw the scope on the defendant’s gun drop off.
Hesebeck then saw the defendant turn and point his rifle at Willers who was about 25 yards away
from Hesebeck. Hesebeck and Terry Willers stated that at that point, Terry Willers unslung his
rifle and held it in front of his body but did not point it at the defendant and yelled for the
defendant to put the gun down and get out of here. Hesebeck and Terry Willers stated that the
defendant then started shooting. Terry Willers stated he dived to the ground and heard one round
hit near him and then a second round struck him in the neck and exited his shoulder and that the
shot paralyzed him. Terry Willers stated that he then heard additional shots fired and saw
Dennis Drew on the ground. Hesebeck stated that he jumped off the ATV and heard multiple
shots and to his right saw Drew down and behind him saw Roidt down.
9. Your complainant has reviewed a provisional report of an autopsy of Mark Roidt
performed by Assistant Medical Examiner Paul Nora on November 22, 2004. Dr. Nora’s report
states that the cause of Roidt’s death of was a gunshot wound to the head. Your complainant has
reviewed a provisional report of an autopsy of Dennis Drew performed by Medical Examiner
Michael McGee on November 23, 2004. Dr. McGee’s report states that the cause of Drew’s
death was a gunshot wound to the abdomen that entered on his left side.
- 8 -
10. The defendant initially told your complainant that he did not shoot any of the
hunters. The defendant stated that the first hunter he saw who had a gun took the defendant’s
gun and shot the others and then forced the defendant to walk to each of the bodies. The
defendant later changed his story.
11. In the defendant’s second version recounting the incident, he stated that he
walked about 15 to 20 yards away from the other hunters and turned around and saw the man
who had a rifle walking toward the other hunters, take the rifle off his shoulder and take it into
his hands. The defendant stated he then heard someone yell, “What did you say?” The
defendant stated he replied, “I didn’t say anything,” and the other person responded, “I saw you
give me the finger.” The defendant stated he again replied that he didn’t say anything. The
defendant stated he continued walking about another ten yards when he looked back again and
saw the man with the rifle pointing the rifle at him. The defendant states that he then dropped
into a crouch position and the person shot at the defendant but missed. The defendant then
removed the scope from his rifle and shot twice at the man with the rifle who dropped to the
ground. The defendant then saw the other men run toward the ATVs, which had gun cases, and
he thought they were going for guns. The defendant stated he then started to shoot at the men
near the ATVs and saw two or three more men fall to the ground. Your complainant personally
examined the ATVs at the scene of the shooting and observed that none of them contained any
guns, gun cases, or gun racks.
12. Lauren Hesebeck also stated that after Terry Willers, Drew and Roidt were shot,
he attempted to hide behind an ATV but the defendant appeared at the ATV and shot at him
three times as he scrambled around the ATV and that the third shot hit him in the shoulder. After
being shot and collapsing, Hesebeck heard additional shots. Hesebeck pointed out the area
- 9 -
where these additional shots originated to Agent Christophersen. Agent Christophersen stated
that the location was in the area of where Robert Crotteau’s body was found, approximately
40 yards away from the ATVs. Hesebeck stated that he then heard additional gunshots and
pointed out the area where these shots originated to Agent Christophersen. Agent
Christophersen stated that the location was in the area of where Joe Crotteau’s body was found,
approximately 467 feet away from the ATVs. Your complainant states that there were no
firearms found near the bodies of either Robert or Joe Crotteau. The defendant stated that he saw
a man running through the woods toward the cabin yelling for help and ran after him and shot at
him two or three times. The defendant stated that the man was not armed but that he thought the
man was going for help or a gun. The defendant stated that when he was about 15 to 20 feet
away from the man he shot him in the back.
13. Your complainant has reviewed a provisional report of an autopsy of Robert
Crotteau performed by Assistant Medical Examiner Kelly Mills on November 22, 2004.
Dr. Mills’ report states that the cause of death of Robert Crotteau was a single gunshot wound to
the lower back. Your complainant has reviewed a provisional report of an autopsy of Joe
Crotteau performed by Medical Examiner Michael McGee on November 22, 2004. Dr. McGee’s
report states that the cause of death of Joe Crotteau was multiple gunshot wounds. The report
further indicates that Joe Crotteau was shot four times, all shots entered from the back.
14. Hesebeck stated that after the defendant shot him he began to provide first aid to
Terry Willers and Drew and used a walkie-talkie to call back to the cabin stating that he had been
shot and needed help. Carter Crotteau stated to Special Agent Jody Wormet, that in response to
the call for help he left the cabin, unarmed, on an ATV. On the way he picked up Brandon
Willers who had been hunting and was armed. With the assistance of Hesebeck, Brandon
- 10 -
Willers and Carter Crotteau removed Terry Willers from the area. The defendant stated that he
heard someone call on a walkie-talkie, “We’ve been shot and need help.” The defendant stated
he observed three men approach on an ATV and stated that they were all armed with rifles, so he
did not shoot at them. As the men approached, the defendant stated he turned his reversible coat
from orange to camouflage and reloaded his firearm.
15. Carter Crotteau and Brandon Willers stated that on their way back to the cabin
with Terry Willers, they were passed by another ATV being ridden by Allan Laski and Jessica
Willers, who were heading toward the scene. Hesebeck advised officers that after Terry Willers
was removed from the scene, he heard another ATV approaching the area and then heard more
gunshots and the ATV stopped. The defendant stated that he observed another ATV
approaching with two people and that the driver had a gun on his shoulder. The defendant then
began to run and the ATV drove past the defendant and stopped about 10 to 15 feet away from
the defendant. The defendant stated that the people on the ATV saw him and one man removed
the gun from his shoulder with one hand while he kept his other hand on the ATV handlebars.
The defendant stated that he then shot three or four times and both people fell off the ATV onto
the ground. Based upon your complainant’s personal examination of the scene, the two persons
described above were Allan Laski and Jessica Willers, whose bodies were found lying at the
edge of an ATV trail 50 to 60 yards away from the scene of the original shootings. Based upon
your complainant’s personal examination of the scene, there were no firearms located near the
bodies of Laski or Jessica Willers. Hesebeck stated that there were no weapons on the ATV.
16. Your complainant has reviewed a provisional report of an autopsy of Allan Laski
performed by Assistant Medical Examiner Kelly Mills on November 22, 2004. Dr. Mills’ report
states that the cause of death of Allan Laski was multiple gun shot wounds. The report further
- 11 -
indicates that one shot entered his lower back, one shot entered his mid-back, and the third shot
entered his right buttock. Your complainant has reviewed a provisional report of an autopsy of
Jessica Willers performed by Assistant Medical Examiner Kelly Mills on November 22, 2004.
Dr. Mills’ report states that the cause of Jessica Willers’ death was multiple gunshot wounds.
The report further indicates that there were two gunshots to the back of her body with one
entering her upper back and the other her left buttock.
17. Hesebeck also stated that after hearing the shots after the second ATV
approached, the defendant appeared near his location and the defendant stated something to the
effect of, “F#cker’s still alive.” Hesebeck stated that prior to that he had obtained Terry Willer’s
rifle, and after the defendant’s statement he dived behind a dirt hill. Hesebeck also stated that
after making the statement the defendant fired once or twice at him and that Hesebeck shot at the
defendant once, after which the defendant turned and ran away. The defendant stated that after
shooting the two people on the ATV he started running back to the area of the original shooting
and saw one of the men still standing and that the defendant then yelled, “You’re not dead yet?”
The defendant states that he then shot one more time in the direction of the man but did not know
whether he hit him or not. The defendant stated he continued to run down the ATV trail.
18. The defendant stated that after the events described above he ran away and did not
return. He also stated that at one point he decided that he did not want to shoot anybody else so
he threw his remaining ammunition into a swamp. The defendant further stated that about an
hour after throwing away the ammunition, he heard an airplane overhead and thought that the
plane was looking for him so he decided to turn himself in.
19. Your complainant has reviewed a report of DNR warden Jeremy Peery that
reflects that during the afternoon of November 21, 2004, he was involved in searching for the
- 12 -
defendant. During the afternoon Warden Peery was informed by Darrell Gass that while hunting
he met an individual he described as a Hmong wearing camouflage and carrying a black rifle
who stated that he was lost and asked how he could get to a road. Your complainant has
reviewed a report prepared by Deputy Jeff Cain which reflects that he was advised by Walter
Cieslak that he was hunting near Serly Camp road when the defendant appeared wearing
camouflage clothes and a rifle slung on his back. The defendant advised Cieslak that he had
been hunting, was lost, and asked for a ride. Cieslak offered to drive the defendant to Cieslak’s
truck. Cieslak also stated that when they arrived at his truck they were met by a DNR warden
who took the defendant into custody. The defendant stated that he came across a hunter with an
ATV and asked him for a ride to the road and that the hunter drove the defendant to the hunter’s
cabin where a DNR warden was waiting.
20. Warden Peery’s report also indicated that after dark an ATV driven by Walter
Cieslak with the defendant therein, pulled up to his truck. Walter Cieslak stated, “This guy is
lost, can you help him?” Warden Peery then placed the defendant under arrest and seized a black
SKS semiautomatic rifle which the defendant was holding and was later determined to be
unloaded. Warden Peery also stated that the defendant complied with his commands but never
made any statements and seemed extremely calm.
- 13 -
Your complainant, therefore, prays that the defendant be charged and dealt with according
to law.
Dated this _____ day of November, 2004.
GARY GILLIS
Subscribed and sworn to before me
this ____________ day of November, 2004.
ROY R. KORTE
Assistant Attorney General
Special Prosecutor for Sawyer County
State Bar No. 1019492
Approved for filing this ________________ day of November, 2004.
State Bar No. 1011251
- 14 -

Old 11-30-2004, 05:23 PM
Range Rover

Man after reading that, makes a person think twice about going into the woods. Scary to think that there are persons that crazy and screwed up in the world. It appears that all but one of them wasn't even armed. Most shot in the back. Some running for their lives. Fry that sum-b$*#@?

Old 11-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

Here's the kicker, WI does not have the death penalty. Hopefully, he will geta little "Jail-house-Justice" like Dahmer did. The only thing that gets me is the heinouseness (sp) of the crime and the anti-gunners are having a field day with the "assault rifle" angle. God bless the NRA and George Bush. He was right to let the clinton weapons die, this rifle was not included in clinton or fienstien's ban. (The one that passed anyway). There are so many things that are not right about this, but, I bet the laotians won't be hunting in WI for a while.

Old 11-30-2004, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

I've seen first hand how hunting can bring out the worst in people. I remember many years ago (late 70's) when a teenage friend and I got lost in the woods. We walked for what seemed like miles before we came upon two guys who belonged to a hunting club. One of them even had his young son in his pickup with him. They gave us a severe tongue lashing for getting on their lease, then refused to take or show us to the nearest road. The older of the two just told us to walk back in the same direction that we came. I'll never forget the guy in the pickup shaking his head "no" when I pleaded with him just to drop us off at the nearest public road. We would have found our way back from there.

It took us several hours but we finally made our way back late that afternoon.

I have no problem believing that there was more than one %$#hole involved in this story.

Quick Reply: 5 killed in Wisconsin Deer Hunting Dispute