Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Glock 10MM

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glock 10MM

I had the 10mm Glock but sold it when I picked up my .45 Glock. I really like the full power 10mm round and I think it is a shame it has sorta ended up an orphan. I've read (and was told as much by a retired agent out of Quantico) that the main reason for the FBI having qualifying problems with the 10mm was due to the smaller stature and female agents being unable to handle much of anything larger than a 9mm. Hence the downloaded 10mm which with the wasted case space eventually gave us the .40 S&W.

That being said the 10mm Glock is a fine pistol. Like all Glocks just make sure you don't shoot unjacketed loads in it and don't shoot reloads in it either.

I trusted my life to the Glock 20 before I switched to the model 21. A fine pistol that will serve you well as long as you take care of it and stay away from the above.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

the fbi carried the1076, and the civilian version was the1006, sorry. The fbi loads are loaded down, thats why anything loaded to the cartriges potential seems so much stronger. Oakie, you never stated what your gonna do with it. I have even looked at buying a revolver in this caliber, using full moon clips it would be sweet deer hunting when you are in and out of the truck a lot, I have a ccw permit, but sometimes its better to be unloaded for safetys sake, and with the fullmoon clips all six come out as fast as they go in![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-03-2005, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glock 10MM

Sry Ostrich....I want it just to carry while out in the mntn's 4 wheeling and to carry in my truck. I have a Glock 36 that I wear now in a Fobus holster. I am not sure how much more uncomfortable I will be with a full size frame.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

I am not all that big of a Glock fan. I own one, have trained with them, did the armorer course thing, and carried one on duty. I don't care for the weird grip shape or the funky trigger. Drop free mags often don't. They are acceptable for combat accuracy. Reliability has improved, especially with the 40 cal models that were problematic for the first few years. Yeah, like others guys said, I am one of the guilty ones that carried a SIG most of the time instead. Better accuracy, ergonomics, wasn't ammo finicky, reloads like a dream, and damn good looking.

That said, I myself have seriously considered a Glock 29 for my sidearm in the mountains hunting. I think it is an ideal combination of power and a lightweight and easy to carry size. I just can't seem to justify the money for a gun that would only have that use. So I will probably just carry a 4 " S&W M66 357 mag as I can also shoot it in IDPA.

As for the G20, my hands never could get comfortable around that beast.

You say you already carry a G36 for the mountains and the truck. I would just keep using it and forget the 10 mm unless you just gotta have one. I really like the 45 ACP.

Old 08-03-2005, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

SPD522, I appreciate the comments, as I do everyone that has posted. I hope to NEVER have to fire a gun out of neccesity to kill another person. With that said, if I ever did, I would want more(capacity) then what a Glock 36 offers(6+1). Yes I should have thought about this before I bought it, but I got the 36 new for a real good price. If I choose a different model, can I get high capacity mag's now(w/o being in law enforcement)?

Old 08-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

Seriously, if you want to keep some punch, want a comfortable carry piece, and want as many BBs as possible, take a look at the G23 or the G27. 40 cal ammo is cheap and plentiful so you can practice more.
Plus both will accept the higher capacity mags from the G22.

Stoke it up with some of the hot 40 cal rounds from CorBon and have your cake ............you know the rest.

FYI- on my carry guns I have them loaded with hot HP ammo along with the 2nd mag. The 3rd mag I have loaded with hot FMJ stuff, just in case I need more penetration.

Craig

Old 08-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

Stoke it up with some of the hot 40 cal rounds from CorBon and have your cake ............you know the rest.

ROFL.......w/o going to the Glock website, tell me about the 23 and can I buy high cap mags?

Old 08-04-2005, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

The G23 is the compact model. Size wise it is identical to the G19 9mm if you know about one of those.
Barrel length is 4", unloaded weight of the gun and magazine is about 24 oz. Flush fitting mags come in 10 or 13 rd. Mags for the G22 (full size 40 cal) fit also and hold 15. There are several magazine basepads that can be changed out to increase mag capacity even more.

By comparison, your G36 has a 3.78 " barrel and unloaded weight of about 23 oz. The slide of your G36 is wider but the grip of a G23 is bigger to accomodate the double stack magazine. Overall pretty comparable size and weight. Add a loaded mag to each and the G23 ends up around 3 oz heavier but then it has about 2x the number of bullets too.

The G23 also comes in a compensated version, G23C, that has ports in the barrel and cutouts in the slide to reduce felt recoil. They work but if you have ever shot a compensated gun in low light or at night, the muzzle flash can be intense with some ammo. I personally wouldn't want one on a carry gun for that reason..

You live in a gun friendly state so get all the hi cap mags you want. Glock hi caps are back to being cheap again since the sunset of the Crime Bill.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

[quote]
Originally posted by: okiedude
can I buy high cap mags?
You can indeed get the proper high cap mags again.

The pre-ban 10mm and .45 glock mags were selling for upwards of 250 dollars the last time I had priced them during the dark days of the evil Clinton Feinstein Gun Ban. Now they go for a round 20 bucks. One would be wise to squirrel away a supply for when we get something like that imposed again.

Old 08-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

Thanks guys!!!

Quick Reply: Glock 10MM