Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Glock 10MM

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glock 10MM

Okiedude, have you considered an XD? If you are looking for good compact sidearm, escpecially a cc gun, take a look at the Subcompact XD. It will take the higher capacity full size mags of the service and tactical models with a grip extension, or you can use the small mags that it comes w/. The XD will be slightly heavier than a Glock becouse all the internal pieces are built heavier. An XD is reasonbly priced, and has ergonomics that nobody can compete with. It cant be explained, you just have to pick one up, and see for your self. I have put several hundred rounds though mine w/o a malfunction. I carry 180 grn. Hornady TAP ammo in it. It shoots well, and I have been really pleased with it.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

I realize this is a 10mm / semi auto thread... but I find I can shoot the revolvers much better, & being a reloader, much prefer to dump my spent cases into my hand, than hunt around the woods for lost cases... I do have a 10 mm in a 10" Thompson Contender barrel, & own an early Automag 4 in 10 mm magnum ( I knew at the purchase that this one would be short lived, so I got 1,000 new empty Star line cases )... but I'm pretty picky about not losing any of those... I find the 9mm's the easiest of the autos to shoot accurately... which is funny, because I love to shoot the moster cartridges, in the revolvers & rifles... I just can't seem to get the hold right or ??? on most semiautos... I can't hit the broad side of a barn with my Colt 45... but really do like the grip & feel of the CZ 9mm's

... my latest is a custom 50 cal "special"... well sort of... it is a super black hawk, chambered for 5 shortened 50 AE cartridges... the gun is really set up to shoot full length cartridges, but with the cases shortened, & loaded with big old honkin cast bullets... it's still a handfull to shoot, as it's lighter than my Automag 5, & doesn't have a compensator...

Old 08-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

I actually like the 10mm round a lot, though the only 10mm I have in my gunlocker presently is a delta e.

As far as Glocks go, I actually prefer the larger grip of the full size 10mm over the 40 (mod 22), and the 10mm glocks are quite accurate. How you like the feel of the glock 10 I suppose has to do with hand size, and plain old personal preference.

I can relate to the poster who said that the trigger pull and feel of glocks is unusual, but I've been shooting mainly glocks for a while, and now other guns take getting used to, so I guess the feeling goes away. I also did the armorer thing (though quite a few years ago), and I am impressed with glock's design.

If you were looking for something more compact, I really like the glock 27 (compact 40). They shoot really well, mine is very accurate for an out-of-the-box compact defensive handgun, and accepting the large magazines from the mod 22 is a big plus. I don't know anyone who has one and regretted the purchase.

Old 10-27-2005, 02:08 AM
Trailblazer
Default Glock 10MM

First post. Hi guys. I've got both Glock 20 and 29. 10mm is a great caliber. Basically 357Mag ballistics in an autoloader. Brass can be had no problem and can withstand quite a few loadings without being trashed. Glock 29 is a handful but can use the 15 round G20 mags for a better purchase on the grip. There is also an attachment to "fill the gap". Short barrel length makes for more of a close in type defense use but is devistating.

I'm a 10mm nut so I've got most of the ones ever made, reload for it and many other calibers.

Old 10-30-2005, 02:04 AM
Range Rover
Default Glock 10MM

RANT MODE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT FALL INTO THE GUN GRABBER/BANNER TRAP!!!!!! HI CAPS, MY BUT,,,,,, THAT WOULD BE STANDARD CAPACITY, THEN YOU HAVE THE CLINTON LOW CAPACITY @ 10 ROUNNDS PER MAGAZINE. THE ONLY TIME YOUR GETTING INTO THE RELM ON HI CAP IS WITH A 33RND FOR THE G18, OR THE +2 BASE PLATES.

RANT MODE OFF.

Sorry folks, but one must not fall into the trap of using the "wrong wordage" because we can be our own worst enemy.

Old 08-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glock 10MM

Well...ordered my Glock 20 today(a year later)....it will be in on tuesday. Hope I can find 15 rd mags CHEAP!!!!

Old 08-27-2006, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

I'd just buy a bunch of the stock Glock mags and not mess around with any after market ones at least for essential use. Also past experience dictates that one should stock pile the things in quantity.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glock 10MM

i agree....factory is the only way to go...glad they are 15 rd!!! We have the big gun show in Tulsa soon...they will have them cheap. I believe it is the biggest gun show in the U.S.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

Just make sure they're new ones, not used and that they're the fully metal lined ones, not the old style half lined ones from years ago. Don't get screwed on price either. Shop around. Probably be able to get them for around 17 or 20 bucks a each at a big show like that especially if you're buying mroe than one.

A run through google, gunlist, shotgun news and the guns america website before you go might be a good idea to check the going rate for mags before your trip to the show so you know what you should be paying for them.

Oh and if you can find them you might pick up a few of the few big long extended 30 round extended round mags just for kicks. They're making those aftermarket but in stock Glock polymer form for the big bore glocks now. Never know when you might want to pick up a carbine kit in the future abd those bigger cap stick mags would be slick.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

If you end up going the 9mm route then I highly reccomend a S&W M&P. I recently purchased one and am extremely happy with it. THey have a few calibers available and are coming otu wiht a few more soon. Head over to www.mp-pistol.com for info on the M&P.

Quick Reply: Glock 10MM