Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Glock 10MM

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glock 10MM

Originally posted by: ostrich
what the? the 10 mm was out wayyyyy before the ..40 was. Col. Jeff Cooper helped with the development of this round in the early to mid 80's, enen made up his own pistol, the bren ten. The .40 s+w came along after the F.B.I. boys had trouble qulifying with that hot of a load. When they loaded the 10 down enough to get the guns the F.B.I. boys carried, which was the smith 1006 I think, someone figured out that ther was a lot of extra case capacity, so they shortened up the case, and viola! .40 s+w was born. That was @190 if I remember correctly. The 10mm is an excellent round, maybe a little on the hot side for sel-defense, one of the guns listed was the compact version I think. The loads you can buy these days are mild compared to the early ones, though so I'd have to shoot some of the newer loads, younever know, I might just give up my .....45, but never my .45 super. By the way the glock is an excellent combat arm, really one of two I would trust my life on.
and

Originally posted by: CaptainQuint
I had the 10mm Glock but sold it when I picked up my .45 Glock. I really like the full power 10mm round and I think it is a shame it has sorta ended up an orphan. I've read (and was told as much by a retired agent out of Quantico) that the main reason for the FBI having qualifying problems with the 10mm was due to the smaller stature and female agents being unable to handle much of anything larger than a 9mm. Hence the downloaded 10mm which with the wasted case space eventually gave us the .40 S&W.

That being said the 10mm Glock is a fine pistol. Like all Glocks just make sure you don't shoot unjacketed loads in it and don't shoot reloads in it either.

I trusted my life to the Glock 20 before I switched to the model 21. A fine pistol that will serve you well as long as you take care of it and stay away from the above.

It's an old thread anyways but I was beat to it. The .40 was developed because the 10mm had too much nads for the ladies at the FBI. I've also heard the FBI orders all their Glocks with the same extended slide release and extended mag release that I have on my model 22. I didn't go for the extended take down lever. Didn't figure I'd ever need to do that in a hurry. I also put a 3.5 lb trigger in it, and plan on doing a lasermax internal laser sometime. Mine is actually a 22c. Obviously not a good choice, being compensated. But it was a great deal. Less than 100 rounds through it for $400 with a bagmaster shoulder holster with 2 mag pouch.

top glock is an AWESOME site for glocks and accessories.

EDITForgot to mention I put a regular 22 barrel in it. Haven't got to shoot it yet with that barrel. I was going to get a 35 barrel, but my brother heard me talking about putting a non-comp barrel in it and got me the 22 for my birthday.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Glock 10MM

YES DITTO; glocks rock !
love my G34
AND MY HONDA RANCHER 350 4X4 es.....great stuff !!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

weet

Old 09-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glock 10MM

I got it!!!!! I love it. Shot about 100 rounds thru it yesterday. I have some 135gr double tap ammo ordered for defense. From my research, double tap is the way to go for the FULL LOAD AMMO for the 10mm. It is supposed to rock. I am ordering some double tap hunting ammo also!!!!

Old 11-16-2006, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

I myself have a Glock model 20. I love it. I also have the model 23. IMHO there is no comparison between the 10mm and the 40 S&W. I do like the 40 S&W and it is one of the most embraced cartridges in history. The 10mm isn't for everybody. Frank James in his book Effective Handgun Defense has this to say:

If your into paper ballistics, a strong argument can be made that the Glock model 20 with 16 rounds of full power 10mm ammo is the most powerful auto pistol around. Why? Just add up the foot pounds of potential kinetic energy and compare to a .44 Magnum Desert Eagle.

Not too mention, Ted Nugent, or Uncle Ted as most refer to him, has proclaimed the Glock Model 20 as his favorite. We are talking about a guy who has shot more guns than 99% of the population here. He actually uses it for his carry weapon. Which I find interesting considering the size of the weapon. That is where the model 23 is quite nice as eluded to by a previous poster. I can stuff it in my pocket in a pair of dungrees if I want to, although I can't say I recommend such things.

And in regards to revolvers, hey...I don't discriminate [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have a Ruger GP 100 that I love to fire. For a .357 Magnum, I love that gun. Next year I have my eye on a Smith & Wesson 500. But the cost of the ammo is really keeping me away from that one right now. About $40 a box where I live.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

800....have you tried DoubleTap?

Old 11-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

Can't say I have. Last load I used was 200 grain...TMJ. I can't recall the manufacturer off the top of my head. But it performed rather nicely. Interestingly, mine came with two 15 round clips. Which from what I gather, is not the stock clip? Guess I got lucky.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

Mine came with the 10 rd(I purchased 4 15 rd), but a buddy just got one with the 15 rd mags...go figure. You need to look at some DoubleTap...it is what the 10mm was designed for. Most factory loads are weak, and not much more than a 40 cal, but this stuff is "hot". Quite the difference in it and other factory ammo.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

Originally posted by: 800TwinEFI
Can't say I have. Last load I used was 200 grain...TMJ. I can't recall the manufacturer off the top of my head. But it performed rather nicely. Interestingly, mine came with two 15 round clips. Which from what I gather, is not the stock clip? Guess I got lucky.
They started coming with the full capacity magazines shortly after the bs clinton "assault weapons ban" sunset. Now that we got dems controlling the house and senate, and soon to be the white house, you can bet that it's gonna come back with a vengence. But they'll probably start with re-instating that ban, while specifically addressing 60 firearms instead of the 9 clinton addressed.

Go to top glock and get some more full cap mags for you and your friends while you still can. They'll be after your guns next.

Old 11-18-2006, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

LOL! I didn't even notice the thread was a year old until it was pointed out by Okie. Thats happened to me a few times on this site. Man...must be getting old?

Regardless, very educational thread. I had thought that a higher grain would ensure a higher fps but now realize this is not the case. Found this rather informative Glock FAQ on the 10 mm cartridge: Glock 10mm Cartridge Info

I'm just going to have to go fire mine a few hundred times today [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I have had a itching to try model #29. Matter of fact, when I got my 20 I was seriously looking at that gun for a conceal and carry. My only concern was the size of the handle. It's a pretty small gun:

Model #29

Anybody here fire one? I'm curious on the recoil on the smaller sized frame.

Old 11-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Glock 10MM

Originally posted by: 800TwinEFI
LOL! I didn't even notice the thread was a year old until it was pointed out by Okie. Thats happened to me a few times on this site. Man...must be getting old?

Regardless, very educational thread. I had thought that a higher grain would ensure a higher fps but now realize this is not the case. Found this rather informative Glock FAQ on the 10 mm cartridge: Glock 10mm Cartridge Info

I'm just going to have to go fire mine a few hundred times today [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I have had a itching to try model #29. Matter of fact, when I got my 20 I was seriously looking at that gun for a conceal and carry. My only concern was the size of the handle. It's a pretty small gun:

Model #29

Anybody here fire one? I'm curious on the recoil on the smaller sized frame.
I can understand your concern. I don't remember the model, but I fired a cal-tek 9mm. It was really small, too small for a guy's hands. It would rock back in my hand, and the slide would rub between my thumb and index finger as the slide cycled. With the Glock, you can go to topglock, http://www.topglock.com/catalog/extensions.htm, and get one of these. Scroll down, some will give you extra capacity and some won't.

Quick Reply: Glock 10MM