Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Won a TC Omega....Any Input?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won a TC Omega....Any Input?

Originally posted by: Slash0311
The T/C should be an great weapon. They tend to be pricy and that's the reason more of my buddies don't use them. I personally don't think I would try an shot over 150-200 yards with a muzzleloader. That's my opinion. But you might try it at the range and see what you think. As for powder, I like 777 also. It's cleaner burning and not as much smoke as Pyrodex and doesn't have that egg smell and the pellets do make loading a snap. Indiana is like Illinois for rifles, can't use them for firemarms. The reasons that I have always heard is that the land is too flat (as a majority) and with so many hunters, the state feels it would be unsafe to use them for deer. We can only use muzzleloaders and shotguns with slugs. I'm not sure on the video coming with the gun, but I am sure that you can find someone that can help you get started. I live in southern Indiana and would be more than happy to help you get started if you are close to this area. Good luck and let us know how you like it!
Well I live about an hour straight east of St. Louis, MO. Not sure where you are. I couldn't ask you to come several hours, but if it's reasonable or maybe if I could make my way to you if I'm having problems, I might be very appreciative of a helping-hand if push comes to shove.

Old 09-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won a TC Omega....Any Input?

RedGoblin
You will like the Omega, my hunting buddy has one, and it is more reliable than
my Remington muzzleloader. The pellets are a form of powder, which are usually
sold as 30 gr or 50gr. Muzzleloaders are usually not as accurate as normal rifles,
but with some adjustment of powder grains somewhere between 80 and 120,
you can normally fine tune it. Also since it is TC use the TC sabots. If your
accuracy is all over the place try a heaver sabot. Round ***** are quite inaccurate.
The Barnes xp sabot in 300 grain is considered the best muzzleloader sabot
period..... The pellets make loading powder effortless, and they are more accurate
in my Rem than pour in powder.
Downeaster[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]