Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

pic of my new deerstand

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pic of my new deerstand

lol that would be a selling point for me to. people would be supprised at the array of wildlife we have in northern minnesota beings it is plains on an occasion we have been getting alot of cougars and stuff like that around here lately as well and they typically stick to the rockies. we have them two heards of elk i know out in the caribou area i seen a big bull elk one year i was kicking myself i didn't have a camera with but now with the help of technology i have a camera phone so i always got a camera handy. just the other day i seen two bearcubs up in the tree and took pics of them (from the comfort and safety of my vehicle)

Old 10-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pic of my new deerstand

when i was young we built tree stands or should i say camps. our first big one was 6 ft x 6 ft. double bed and a oil stove. 25 ft from ground to floor , i believe it was attached to a big white spruce and two small ones. could lay in bed and look out a swing up window (2 ft x 5 ft.) into a small clearing baited with apples. it had a plank floor, board walls, board roof with shingles. overheated stove caught it on fire and burnt it down. can you vision leaving a burning treehouse at 5 am and it is black out except for the light from the burning treehouse ,and freezing cold and over a mile from home. priceless. our second large treehouse was 2 miles from home and up 25 ft and was 10 x 10 .two double beds a table and a oil stove. fold up windows and set in four trees. we even had a small landing so we could unlook door. this one blew down in a large wind storm. we were not in it during the storm. this was in the days befor atv's, we lugged all of the first cabin by hand from the nearest wood road. the second tree house materials were hauled by snowmobile a mile to the building site. i dont have any pictures of these events but it was a lot of fun, i loved to hunt and so did my friends and they thought it was a great adventure.