Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

AG Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2000, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have any actual experience with the AG Tires, 27" on a larger type 4X4, such as Honda 450ES or Traxter? if so, tell me the up/down of them.
Thanks,
Dave

Old 02-29-2000, 04:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

SprintPusher,
I take it your using your ATV as a tractor.I ordered a set of ITP AG tires for my 450es last year but the salesman ordered Blackwaters instead,duh? I told him to keep them. I used my stock tread while plowing and discing my foodplots last year. If you get them let me know how they work compared to stock. Marty

Old 02-29-2000, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

Sprint; Take a look under the "Hunting Photos" Topic below this one look for my Post with the link to my pictures There is a picture of a 300 Honda 4x4 on there with 26x12x12 Terra tires , They have the tractor type lugs on them and are one of the absolute best flotation tires that I have ever seen. This machine belongs to a good friend of mine and I have ridden it a lot. The steering is super easy and the ride is really good. True the little 300 does have a hard time turning them in really heavy mud (ussually have to use low gear) but I think it is a good combination . Look at them and see if thats what you are looking for.

Old 02-29-2000, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

i have seen quite a few people runnin em at the mudruns on all kinds of machines and they do real good in the mud....they are light and people run them on 300cc and the bigger machines....also Kagey i have seen a guy with those tires you are talking about...terra grip i think ya said...those do real good also
Sprint..what are ya gonna do with the tires??go muddin or do work round tha farm or huntin and stuff????well either way i think it is a good tire

Old 03-01-2000, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

Marty,
I received 3 othe 4 wheel assys, they look great, they are about 1/4" Yes quarter inch taller that the standard 25X10X12 (rear) or 25X8X13 (front) wheels on the Traxter, so no change in overall gearing, I love that idea, when I can put them to use Ill let you know.
Look narrow but that is fine for my use, Im not into running through the woods at 40+ MPH looking for the devil.
Thanks

Old 03-03-2000, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

Marty,
I have the AG tires on the Traxter now, run a few miles today booth high speed on the driveway and in the woods, and the river with heavy sand banks leading in / out. They wre very stable, comfy to ride, and are very good in all aspects, and in the river up and down the sand banks, It is very agressive/wonderful the only draw back is if you make them spin in the sand your instantly buried and sitting on the frame.
I would buy them again knowing what they are like now.
Also they are about half an inch taller than the stock 25X8X12 or 25X10x12 Which means the axles are up about a quarter inch higher.,
I run 5PSI that seems to be about right for now, will experment more later with the air pressure.
One other thik, I have 2 John Deere wieghts from my 955 tractor in the front storage bin, (84 lbs) and that makes for smoother everything.
Good luck

99 Traxter

Old 03-03-2000, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

BigBear,
the main reason for the AG type wheels/tires, I push sprint cars (micro sprints) and when the track is wet / muddy, the stock tires throw mud high into the air, making a real mess. I am running the new AG tires now, and find they throw the mud directly out the back instead of vertical.
Small think, but loads of fun, by the way the Traxter is a real strong pusher compaired to the 450 ES I had been using, the ES is a very fine setup, but the traxter has some meaningful advantages for me. POWER, POWER and easy on/off, also do love the shifting.
Thanks, Good luck

Old 03-04-2000, 08:25 PM
Range Rover

Anyone know how much the Terras or AG 27" tires weigh a peice and the AG is only available for 14" wheels right.

Old 03-06-2000, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

Venomous,
They weigh about the same as the 25X10X12 I removed from the Traxter rear, I run 3 PSI now, and find them comfy on the trails. Today we were in Madison County running the Blakey Ridge area. The first actual running on these AG tires, and found them working out fine for general riding. Also can tell you that in a river bank, all sand, they do great as long as you dont spin the wheels, once you spin, your sitting on the frame "Right Now".
Hope this helps.
Dave
Traxter 99

Old 03-07-2000, 04:37 PM
Trailblazer

SprintPusher,

You may want to consider running more than 3 lbs. of air in those ag tires. Saw a buddy knock one of those tires off the rim in a rut and he was running around 10 psi.

Texridr

Quick Reply: AG Tires