Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

do yall think a recon will work good for hunting?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 07:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do yall think a recon will work good for hunting?

do yall think a honda recon will do good for hunting?
Because i'm getting a new four wheeler and don't have the money for the big cc's & 4x4 so i'm settling with the recon or possibley the ozark. any way the reason i'm getting it for is: hunting, trail rideing, lite farm work.
do yall think it'll work?

thanks

Old 12-30-2002, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

if u are looking for 2x4 then the magnum 330 2x4 is a good machine.......great ride......real quiet for hunting....over all a nice lookin machine......and reliable........but those ozarks and the recon are ok too but i would look into the other brands before being so narrow....just my idea........i am very happy witht the reliabllity of all my mags.........and for me 2x4 does work in most cases.....unless u are doing extream riding like up steap hills, in deep mud, over big logs.....snow,,,,,,,stuff like that.........

Old 12-30-2002, 09:16 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

If your choices are limited to the Recon or the Ozark, the Ozark will out perform and do everything just a little bit better than the Recon. I'm speaking from experiance not just blowing smoke.

Old 01-08-2003, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

I used my recon for hunting and I had no problems at all. I use my recon for about the same reasons you are going to do except for farming. I haven't had to haul any game with mine yet but my uncle has one and he has hauled out a couple of deer with no problem. What ever machine you get just put a good set of tires and a winch on it and you can go most places the bigger bikes can go.

Old 01-10-2003, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer

BigBrian,

Recons do great for hunting!!We used both of ours and hauled out 3 deer for the season.We had to haul one of them over a really steep,wet bank and the Recon did it,just put the deer on the front rack and it crawled right over.One of the mornings it was -3 degrees and both of them started up with only one push of the start button!
As far as trail riding they are great.The only work that we did with them so far was plowing snow and it did that pretty good and tommorow we're gonna get a trailer hitch for them too.Hope this helped.

Old 01-25-2003, 10:28 PM
Range Rover

go with either a recon or ozark. its all a person really needs, i got a ozark and i hunt with it all the time, if it cant get me there i dont wanna go there. They are nice over the polaris (i think) because they are a lot smaller and you can get through the woods better when you are making your own trail, with either machine i dont think you can go wrong