Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

Tao tao 110cc grounding out at stator?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 06:53 PM
Tyler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tao tao 110cc grounding out at stator?

I am in some need for help. For starters I’m mechanically inclined and have fixed many of these, but this little chines atv is beating me up. Story behind it is it didn’t run and was free. So I got it and it has low compression and the wire harness was old and a rats nest. I replaced the piston and rings and we are good on compression. I also got a new wiring harness and stator and no spark. So I went through it all all safety wires are good and what not. And nothing. Well I have a little home made harness I made with a good cdi box and spark coil and it only use’s a ground, the red pulse wire and the blue signal wire to plug into the stator. Well noting! I unhooked the ground from the test harness for what ever reason and put it to the block, and boom strong spark. But when I put the ground from the stator to my harness ground no spark. Then I seen if the stator ground is good testing by continuity and it has it…. Wile testing It for some reason I tested voltage, don’t remember my thought processes, but found it for some reason my crankshaft had 12v! Come to find out my starter was somehow transferring its voltage out and down the starter chain to the crank. So I took the starter off… now I’m turning it over with my drill for testing purposes. And still the same issue with that ground on the stator, even with the new wiring harness, no spark with the ground from stator connected to the harness. But if I take the connection apart from the stator to the harness no spark, with the harness it won’t give me good wrong spark unless the ground from the harness is touching the socket I’m turning the crank over with on my drill. If just take the ground from the harness and put it to the block it with make 1 or 2 weak hits at the plug then nothing. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by young2013t; 02-12-2022 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Typos