Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

locks/security devices

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 09:35 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default locks/security devices

Since i'm a newbie when it comes to owning a bike....
What sort of security devices does everyone use to keep the thing from awalking away? I'm assuming there are ways to lock the wheels up, is there any locks for the handlebars? Anything else? I've not really been able to find much yet, I was planning on taking a trip to the dealer to see what they got in stock.

Old 05-29-2003, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

Got the perfect anti theft device...... A pitbull thats meaner than he#% on a 10 foot chain LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-29-2003, 11:04 PM
Range Rover

You might try www.highlifter.com and check out the Louisiana Guard Dog. I don't have one or anything but its worth considering.

Old 05-29-2003, 11:42 PM
Trailblazer

What are you locking your quad to? When we go on trips, our quads are locked right onto the trailer bed with tiedowns that are welded to the trailer. We also chain both quads thru the frames together. And if that isn't enough, we connect the trailer to the truck with a chain. And if you still don't feel safe, you can always buy a pitbull. Oh, and at home, they are always locked together in our barn, 5 of them, and there are three locks that you have to get thru to get to them.

Old 05-30-2003, 09:37 AM
Trailblazer

I've got a Kryptonite lock on mine, called a New York Fahgettaboutit and a New York Disk Lock. It's a five foot extra heavy chain and a lock that goes thru your rotor on the front brakes. Has worked really well so far, bout the only way they are going to take it is carry it or drag it off with something (till I get the concrete poured with a u-bolt or something in it). Costs about $130 but I think it was worth it.

Old 05-30-2003, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

I use a Cryptonite 1/2" cable with a big a$$ Master lock through the frame of both quads. Also I have my garage door opener wired so I can turn the power to it off from in the house and a lock on the roller track.

Old 05-30-2003, 05:31 PM
Range Rover

cool, thanks for the responses. i was mainly looking for any sort of locks, while towing it<bed locks, wheel, chains>, and storing it<wheel locks etc>. it's currently sitting my the garage when it aint on the tracks.... i had some dude tell me some kids broke into his house and stole his new quad<dunno what kind>, he said he had rode it once. so i guess the garage is no longer a safe place to store property, i'm gonna get it chained up in there and start parking my truck closer to the door, damn kids =]

Trending Topics

Old 05-30-2003, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

A padlock through the brake disc works good. Not enough room to get at with bolt cutters, even if the perps figure out why the machine won't roll out the door.

Old 05-30-2003, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

for hauling it on the trailer we have fulton atv hold downs. they act as a lock too, one bar that hooks around the front grill and one in the rear around the axle they both hook up to plates on the bed of the trailer

Old 05-30-2003, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

When we camp we put both quads back to back and run the thickest chain you can get around both rear axles. On trailer have lock on receiver on hitch and on trailer coupling.

Quick Reply: locks/security devices