Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

ds650 vs. raptor vs. v-force

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds650 vs. raptor vs. v-force

Sportyroxx seems to be getting a little mad. (child tantrum I guess). I think the same as gary660r whatever most guys have or the guys that are obsessed with their quad will say whatever brand they have will win. There is an answer I mean race them stock for stock in these distances and see. I'm sure a lot of people on here know but you just don't know who is telling the truth or knows for a fact. If you have any friends that say one has a ds one a raptor and a v-force have them line them up. I guess that's a hard combo to find unless you live close to the dunes then you could probably find all three.

Old 06-04-2003, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

You guys all need to grow up just my 2 cents .LOL funny stuff

Old 06-04-2003, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

Hay i dont want to get ripped apart by you guys. If you like you DS then good, we all should ride for fun and all of this info is based on opinions. If you dont like mine then go and make your own.

Old 06-04-2003, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

For trail riding I love my V-FORCE. If I want to play on the trail its got all the power I need to play. Dont miss my 250 QUAD RACER at all.

Old 06-04-2003, 07:07 AM
Pro Rider

On a 200 yard open stretch I have beaten a raptor on a utility quad, didnt see what the big deal was? Cant talk about the Vforce or the DS, never see them around but I hear the Vforce will smoke my utility in acceleration. (and it should) bigger engine, lighter bike====better acceleration. So I would say if I can beat a raptor in 200 yards, and a Vforce can beat me in 200 yards, that would make the V quicker in my book. But in all fainess he was catching up and probably would have flew by me if we had more room. If I want fun on trails I look at takeoff and midrange power. If I want topspeed I get in my car.

Old 06-04-2003, 07:40 AM
Pro Rider

Lets try to be impartial guys there is no way the V-Force will beat a DS650, My DS650 has a pipe jetting and CDI and it beats me draging by 2 lengths 8 out of 10 times and those are the facts. If the V-Force had a CDI I think it would be the other way around but I don't see it being released for quite some time.

Old 06-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Range Rover

I have a buddy w/a DS and another with a raptor, both completely stock. I can take both for short distances if I get traction. The DS will win in a drag every time, every rider. The only bike I haven't ridden is the V. Again this is not an opinion. The original ? asked only about drags, not track time, not circle track... So top speed is most of the issue. Changing the issue is like a guy w/a honda civic bragging about toasting a viper. And it probably happened, but only for 30 or so feet until the viper finally hooked up. The honda won the race, it's just no-one knew it was a 20 foot race.

Old 06-04-2003, 03:10 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

As usual, this kind of topic gets all Muddied Up and PROVES NOTHING!!!

First off, the question always starts out talking about STOCK vs STOCK and ends up with everyone talking about how their MODDED Quad beats Everything. Having these conversations about which is Faster or Quicker is meaningless once you start throwing quads that have been Modified into the equation. It does nothing to prove which is Faster or Quicker. All it proves is who did the best job of Modding their Quad and how well the Quad reacts to the Mods.

For all of you that have raced a KFX700 out on the Dunes with your Raptor or DS, it is NO surprise to me that you beat the 700. Sand is NOT it's element. It's Heavy, it has Gobs of Torque, which in soft sand is not always a good thing to have and from my experience, it doesn't perform the same out on the sand as it does on Dirt.

FACT, the 700 is Extremely Quick, and in the first 100 to 200 yards, Stock for Stock with comparable weight riders, it is hard to beat. FACT, as the race progresses, the performance of the 700 is less than inspiring and the Raptor as well as the DS will both overtake it.

Each of these 3 quads has it's high points as well as areas where it is lacking. The 700 is an unbelievable Trail quad, with it's Ground Clearance (Shaft Drive), stump pulling Torque, Low Center of Gravity, and yes even the Auto Trany is a Plus when it comes to Trail riding. On the Down side, it is heavy, and for me anyway, I don't particularly like the Auto Trany out on the Dunes.

The DS is probably the best 4 Stroke Dune quad on the market. With it's powerful engine, and wide stance, it is the Cadillac of the Dunes. On the other hand, out on the Trails, it is just flat out too BIG. I know what you are thinking, it isn't that much bigger than the 700. I have ridden my Brother In Laws DS on the same trails that I ride my 700 on, and the manners of the DS don't instill the same kind of confidence that you get from the 700. The DS feels heavier, and the steering feels heavy and slow.

The Raptor is probably (Along with the Predator) one of the Best STOCK Big Bore ALL-Around quads out there. But from the factory, it is a little on the narrow side and is somewhat top heavy. This can be a disadvantage if you are looking for stability. However, the combination of a decent suspension, Powerful Engine and probably the best looking quad on the market, makes it very appealing to a large number of Quad purchasers. Not to mention all of the aftermarket parts available for it.

Now if we want to start talking about Modded Quads, you Raptor and DS owners will have to go on without us KFX700 owners. Make no mistake, the parts are coming, and the market is gearing up to help 700 owners get the most out of their Quads. Will it be enough? I don't know. But it is easy to sit around and sling BS about how a persons MODDED quad whoops up on a STOCK quad when the pieces aren't there to level the playing field.

Myself, with the exception of Dual Exhaust (I think it looks and sounds Bitch'n), my 700 will remain STOCK. so if you want to beat a 700 to feel superior, I'm here for ya, because, to be perfectly HONEST, I could Care Less which is faster. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Peace, ride SAFE.

Old 06-04-2003, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

ALL HAIL RPM FOR SETTING THOSE KIDS STRAIGHT!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2003, 04:52 PM
Range Rover

Ok, who let this RPM guy in here to talk all this logical stuff??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just playin, good insight and I agree 100%

Quick Reply: ds650 vs. raptor vs. v-force