Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

ds650 vs. raptor vs. v-force

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds650 vs. raptor vs. v-force

No way RPM My dealer told me the Raptor is the fastest! Therefore it must be! J/K

I agree, RPM makes more sense than any of the my brand is faster guys.

Nocando

Old 06-05-2003, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

I also agree with as650 and rpm both make good sense. I beleive the v-force will make a lot of beleivers out of people when it gets more mods on the market and then it goes against modded raptors and the ds. I hope they can make the v about 50 or 60 pounds less next year. Don't know if it's possible but that would be sweet.

Old 06-05-2003, 03:02 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

STOP, you guys are making me Blush. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

No, the fact is that there is NO SUCH THING as the "PERFECT" Quad. I wish I could have one (OK maybe 2) of each. If I lived on the Coast and did nothing but Dune riding, I would own a Banshee and probably a DS. If I did a mix of 50/50 Dunes and Trails, I would probably have a Raptor or a Predator and a KFX700. But since I only get to the Dunes about 3 to 4 times a year, and Trail ride the other 95% of the time, I personally believe that the KFX700 or maybe even a P650 is the Best Quad for my needs. I like riding my KFX400 in the sand, or when we are out goofing around on Fire Roads, but when it gets Rough, Rutted and Mucky, for me, the 700 is the only way to go. That's MY personal oppinion and may not fit the mold for the next guy, and that's OK with me.

This is why I try not to get all caught up in this "WHICH IS BETTER" BS, because "EVERYONES" Quad is the Best and the Fastest, RIGHT? Not everyone has the same wants, needs or skill level. Everyone is not using their Quad under the same conditions and everyone isn't looking for the same thing in a Quad. I'm happy as H*ll that all of the Quad Manufactures aren't making "Cookie Cutter" Quads. Think of how boring it would be if we all had to ride the same thing. What may not work for you, may be perfect for the next guy and so on.

So before I break out in a round of Coom-by-Yah, I will post this message and be on my way. Ride what YOU Want and what YOU Like, and you will be happier in the long run.

Ride SAFE!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

Agree once again with RPM.

Old 06-05-2003, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

I wish everyone would quit with the blank v.s. blank. I wish i could see more "whitch quad is best for my needs", well at least we have RPM to straighten us out when we get off track.

Old 06-05-2003, 09:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

I thought I would pass along my new mods for my 700. I just put an 850cc big bore kit, NOS system and cdi froma Ninja 600. I just had it on the dyno (115 rear wheel hp without the NOX, 143 with the NOX) The only problem I am having is keeping the belt from slipping. Any ideas? :&gt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-11-2003, 07:19 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: sportyroxx
Straight Line DragThe V-Force would get the holeshot and take the lead, it would pull hard up to 60 mph. The Raptor would be behind the V until it switches into its higher gears and then it would slowly catch and pass the V. The DS would be last not far behind the V or Raptor but wouldnt catch them.[b]

Man, that's not what happened over at ATV Action...heh.

Old 06-11-2003, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ballisticxrchris
I thought I would pass along my new mods for my 700. I just put an 850cc big bore kit, NOS system and cdi froma Ninja 600. I just had it on the dyno (115 rear wheel hp without the NOX, 143 with the NOX) The only problem I am having is keeping the belt from slipping. Any ideas? :&gt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
sure you did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-11-2003, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

I thought a ninja 600 had a coil, and the Vforce dont just one of the major problems== how did you pull that one off?????? In fact im not sure that the ninja even has a CDI (anything like the force) I would love to hear how you did this, maybe you could get a CDI working for us Prairie owners. you could make alot of $$$$.

Old 06-11-2003, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

dude hes lying he even said so on onother topic

Quick Reply: ds650 vs. raptor vs. v-force