Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

ds650 vs. raptor vs. v-force

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 12:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds650 vs. raptor vs. v-force

I just got a v-force and it white nuckle fast. i have ridden a raptor and a ds before and i think the v-force would woop them both. I was just wanting to know what everyone else though who would win in a strait drag, 100 300 and 500 yds and which is the best quad overall im just wanting you opinion.

Old 06-03-2003, 08:01 AM
Pro Rider

The DS650 will win hands down, and mod for mod that is until we get our new CDI, then I think things will change in our favor.

Old 06-03-2003, 04:50 PM
Range Rover

The raptor will also beat the V. Not opinions, straight facts.

Old 06-03-2003, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

Straight Line Drag

The V-Force would get the holeshot and take the lead, it would pull hard up to 60 mph. The Raptor would be behind the V until it switches into its higher gears and then it would slowly catch and pass the V. The DS would be last not far behind the V or Raptor but wouldnt catch them.

Suspension

The V-Force has very good suspension for a 516 pound quad, you could go fast over terrain that you couldnt on the Raptor or DS. As I have said before, the Raptor or DS doesnt have bad suspension the V just out classes them in steering geomatry and suspension. The Raptors suspension is made for fast trail riding and it does well in in desert areas to. The DS boingers with there near foot or rear wheel travel are made for hardcore desert racing( Its not called the Baja for nothing!). The V has real good suspension for the GNCC scene, when Kawi wanted to make a woods racing machine they nailed it with this!

Power

Even though the Raptor gets the V in a straight line drag race i still give the engine power to the V. I do this because it out accelerates the Raptor which is worth more on the trail and track then top speed. The V's acceleration is blinding, its a explosion of power from 0-60, you have had to ride one to know. The Raptor has a very powerful engine, nice top speed and a very fast 660cc engine, really the V and Raptor are real simaler in engine with the V having the acceleration and the Raptor having the top speed. The DS has a real strong engine, its just beat by the Raptors and Vs powerplants.

Handling

This is one that isnt close. THe V-FOrce has the handling that makes its power much more usable than the Raptor. With its near 50in. in width it can handle real turns with great speed without feeling like your going to flip. The V may only have around 8 inches of rear wheel travel but dont think that it bottoms easily, I have yet to bottom out mine. IT is also very stable off of jumps and is forgiving off of bad landings. The DS is also real wide so it to has the same benafits of the V in corners. The DS has a huge amount of wheel travel, this makes it safe to speed over the desert and harsh area that the others cant. Its suspension is good for jumping, but not the best. The Raptor isnt really wide enougn (43 inches wide) to take turns without feeling real tippy so you have to slow down, and slowing down is the exact opposite from what you want to be doing in a race. On the otherhand for tight trails the 43 inches of width can get you in and out of some tight places.

Overall

In my opinion the best overall quad out of the three you have mention is the Kawasaki KFX 700 V-Force, with its powerful engine and the chassi and suspension to handle it I would give it the top notch for the best quad. The Raptor would come in second and is really switchable with the V depending if you want a clutch or the automatic. The DS would get in last, not to say it is a bad quad it just has its place in the desert.

Old 06-03-2003, 06:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Here we go again...I will give the info you will get.
Raptor owners = Raptor will win....+ never been spanked
DS owners = DS will win
V-force owners = V-force will win easily

Old 06-03-2003, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

garyc660R

GReat point you left out: If the Raptor owner is riding a v-force then it may be close but if the DS owner is riding the Raptor then he didn't get a good hole shot....

Old 06-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

melbatoast, i'm not the most knowledgable person, but i have beat a few stock raptors and v-forces and some piped raptors with my stock ds 650, i did get beat by the dual exhaust v-force though. i'm putting on a pipe and cdi this week though so that dual exhaust v-force is going down. mod for mod i agree with nyvforce, the ds will win

sportyroxx, i don't know what you're smoking but the ds has better suspension than the v-force and will kill it in a straight-line drag. that is a fact speaking from experience racing two of them. the raptor will also beat the v-force in the drag

Old 06-03-2003, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Hey what is it with everyone and top speed? The V will get the Raptor and DS in acceleration, if and that is if the DS has a higher top speed it wont matter because on the track youll never hit your top speed. When on a track will you hit your top speed, never, acceleration is what gets you moving fast.If all the DS anf Raptor have to brag about is a higher top speed then thats fine, lets see how far that gets you out on the track and not the quater mile.

Old 06-03-2003, 09:24 PM
Range Rover

I am here to tell you that I have raced a few Raptors and it was whoever got the holeshot would win in say 300ft. However, even if I did get the jump they always catch me towards the end. I can barely hold on for that distance. Any further and they pass and pull away. Keep in mind this is with my mods against piped/jetted Raptors. It really feels like the V gets to top speed in a hurry but just runs out of steam on the top. Bring on the CDI!!!

Old 06-03-2003, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

You would figure that if people really want to know they would just hang out at a good spot and watch the races. You can debate this all you want, it means squat until it's you thumbing the throttle.

Sportyroxx you have a great imagination, put it to a better use. Do you own a V-Force? Let me know when you bring that bad boy to the Oregon coast, we'll have to prove that theory of yours and I have already done some field research for ya[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Oh yea, that suspension that you say is so good has the shortest travel of any sport bike over 400ccs. My girfriends warrior has more[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Funny you didn't mention the DS in your "power" section, which by the way will beat a raptor stock for stock.Seen it, done it, got the free toy inside.

Quick Reply: ds650 vs. raptor vs. v-force