Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

IM SICK AND TIRED OF GRIZZLY OWNERS

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 05:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IM SICK AND TIRED OF GRIZZLY OWNERS

Does you feel like the automatic pulls better than a manual will? Seems like my belt drive takes away from the potential of the bike. No doubt it will pull, but it takes throttle. None of that ease into the throttle take off, its like it has nothing till you give it enough gas and then it has a lot at once. I wish somebody would make a manual transmission for these 600+ bikes.

Old 07-03-2003, 12:01 PM
Trailblazer

I dont know about the power part , If was going to get any atv it would not be i IRS ,And also they are better in corners then the IRS ,The IRS is not as sporty when i do want to play, Now if i lived in the hills with alot of rocks i might get a IRS for going over the rocks and ect.

Old 10-16-2003, 01:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Wow girls........ whats up with all the bickering? I own a 2004 Grizzly 660. I like, it alot. I used to own a fairy 650. But i went with more grunt rather than speed. No, the fairy is absolutly not a "BETTER" atv than the grizz. and the Grizz is NOT a better atv than the p650/700 The Prarie is good for going fast...... yes.... But i didnt want a ute to go fast. I have owned both and went with the grizz... i got tired of getting hung up on center ruts when offroading that someone on a sp700 or grizz 660 could go over in 2wd. It is an awesome machine, dont get me wrong, nice feel to it, nice big seat.. SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH running. Awesome speed, but..... it just does not have the EVER so important ground clearence..... so what was i gonna do? Go with a polaris? NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH i'd take the grizz any day. I'd take another P650 anyday too, but not over a grizz. The both rock. Stop the bickering and enjoy what you have. Keep in mind all this started over a 15yr old kid who came up with the VERY stereotypical post of "Im sick and tired of grizzly owners".... t hen went on to talk about how the guy didnt even own the grizz.. his buddy did. What the hell is that? LOLOLOL I love my grizz. I loved my Praire. No need to fight. Who wants to go riding??????????????????????/

Old 10-16-2003, 06:38 AM
Range Rover

Man, I have been away awhile and It continues on...I am extremely dissappointed in my fellow P650 owners for supporting their arguments with opinions rather then ALL the factual data and proof out their...OTHER THEN A COMFORTABLE RIDE AND BETTER LOOKS the Griz does not compare to the Prairie 650...its not opinion or what i prefer but FACT!

What magazines are you guys reading that gives the griz a good review...almost all the literature i have read has them rated below the p650, Pol 700 (which i dont agree with) and the rincon and just in front of the bomb 650???

Anyways, we know the engineering and design with the weight distribution and lower center of gravity makes the prairie better then the top heavy griz in the rough stuff...this has been proven and repeated so many times everyone should have it memorized...yea that whole inch clearance that usually compresses when any weight is applied will keep you from bottoming out (that kills me) if you can just keep that griz from tipping...

Engine and performance is a no brainer and even conceded by most Griz fanantics.

Lets not compare these things however and lets see what people are doing with them...

- GNCC titles have gone to the P650 how many times...and the griz how many
- Pulls, you constantly see pull results showing the P650 taking gold...havent seen to many ... well any griz's place
- mud rally's...that IRS is supposed to be the ultimate mudder...havent seen any griz owners post about winning any rock crawls or mud rallys (actually did see where a pol 700 took second one time)...have seen results on sites showing prairie owners taking home honors however...could be the torque...could be

Now I ride with and converse amongst alot of Yamaha lovers who rode me mercifully about buying a P650 rather then their beloved griz and that is probably why this crud bugs me so much ... but let me say this ... EVERYONE of them that rode that prairie has gone from the attitude of that quad being a Kawisucki to conceding the fact the prairie is a better all around machine...some rode it and knew and some had to be shown straight up...but they all know and will probably still buy the Griz cuz its Yamaha...you can lead a yamie rider to performance...you just cant make him enjoy it :-)

And to the artic cat fanatic...you just bought a rock crawler with the torque to throw you on your back...good decision tho pricey...kawie engine and AC suspension...pending your riding only one better choice you could have made

Both the griz and p650 are great machines and a good rider will make either shine...but lets face facts...prairie 650 is the best sport ute quad made to date...with the Prairie 700 taking over the crown. If you enjoy what you ride you made a good purchase ... see you on the trails

Old 10-17-2003, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Imo the only thing that the Ac has over the Pairie is the amount of gas it can carry, thats it. The Ac has almost an extra 100 lbs on the Pairie. And Ive said it before Irs isnt good for much cept rock crawling. Irs the more you load it the less ground clearance it has. And before anyone even tries to dispute it put 100 lbs on your front rack ride it around your yard for a min and then check the amount of clearance you lost.......Rob

Old 10-18-2003, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

IMO- the best quad ever was my TRX 70 when I was 10. That's what started my addiction. I used to use that thing to deliver newspapers 6 days a week, put a few shop rags over the exhaust to keep it ultra quiet and go get it done. I have owned dirtbikes,gocarts,3 & 4 wheelers, and any thing that powered itself to a good time. My friends and I spent as much time riding as possible when we were younger. The most important thing is to go out and have a good time, escape from the daily grind. It's kinda cool that we have the toys we do, belive me; as a single dad a few years back I was low on fundage therefore could not afford the toys that brought me so much happiness.(mortgage, and normal monthly bils) I am absolutely stoked to get back into the thing which I enjoyed so much...Riding. It's kinda weird how bitter people can get over the he said she said bullsh**. Help the people that have questions on the forum, or just BS with your buddies, but slamming each other sucks. Ride On [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-18-2003, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

The bike that would be king
when the kawi 650 came out , the rest of the manufactures played catch up by bringing out the great pretenders to the throne. but alas the sun came up the next day and the kingdom was not in the control of the black prince. the kawi 650 was still on the throne. time went by and the king fought the evil empires knewing full well his son the 700 would rule the kingdom and protect it from those that allmost wore the crown. I think its time for the grizzly owners to get over it , its been two years and the grizzly might be a great bike but it has done all that it can do, no more no less.

Old 10-18-2003, 01:59 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: prairievenom
I was at my cousins graduation party and my uncle and his son have 140 hp banshees and have been riding for years and know there stuff. we're at our table eating[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and talking oubout quads. Then this guy comes over and starts talking with us, no big deal. Then my uncle starts talking about how one day he would like to get the V . this is when i almost go crazzy this idiot starts talking about the grizzly he says. ''that thing is so stable throgh the turns you know cuz of its irs. I mean it could take any turn at 80 mph.'' then he says his cousins grizzly beat a prairie on sand. I almost ripped his head of with that statement. All this guy did was dog the prairie and for no good reason. he doesnt even own a grizz or a P650. I being only 15 years old i have this ''my quad is the fastes'' attitud. but the differnce is my quad is the fastes 4x4 period. And this guy is just doggen it and i really have no say since im young. so i told him i would rac his cousins grizzly for money. hell ive betten raptors on sand.

WHO ELSE IS JUST TIRED OF GRIZZLY OWNERS AND YAMAHA RIDERS . THEY JUST PI$$ ME OFF.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
first thing to do is tell your uncle to quit lieing about there shee's haveing 140 hp.

Old 10-18-2003, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer

Hmm. I never seen a post in the yamaha section saying that how much WE are tired of kawi braggers lol. Well I just have this to say. the vtwin is one of the best if not the best engine. But. I'd take on any kawi in mud riding. And any are welcomed to try [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Shawn

2003 Grizzsly 660

Old 10-18-2003, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

prairievenom, you are an idiot. You say that axle paddles make you go faster? Do you have any clue what you are talking about? You also think that you can beat a stock Raptor or Banshee? BS! I have never heard such a load of crap in my whole life. Prairies are quick, don't get me wrong, but there is no way in holy hell you can beat anything like you said.

If you wanna see some real 4x4 racing, race it through the trails. I'll show you who dominates then. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: IM SICK AND TIRED OF GRIZZLY OWNERS