Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-Force Handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Force Handlebars

Hey everyone,
I just recieved my twist throttle kit from Motion Pro and I'd like to change the bars to a better bar while doing the install. I'm also going to get rid of those stock "Blister infected" grips that come stock on the bike. I'm looking at the Rethnal ATV race bend bar. If anyone has noticed, the lower riser is welded to the steering stem so I don't see a 1 1/8th bar coming out any time soon. Has anyone changed out there bars yet? if so, give us your take, thx guys, Putt

Old 07-10-2003, 12:33 AM
Range Rover

Putt, I bent my bars last weekend, rough (ok real bad) landing off a jump. close as you can to an endo without going over, thanks to those Elkas i think they saved me. Anyhow, I ordered a pair of Tag T2 bars, but just receieved them to find out they are 1 1/8", I want bars that have no crossbar so I can keep all my stock lights,ignition stuff. I see that Brock Parker has Tag T2 but must have done some changes to his bar mounts. If I get Renthal 7/8" say TRX250R (adam Howelll) or TRX400ex then will the cross bar give enough room to visually see the oil light etc. Need help!!

Old 07-10-2003, 03:13 AM
Pro Rider

Damn, Kawy, your right, I just went out and checked it out, the cross arm will be right above the indicator light housing and in front of the ignition switch. Thx for bringing that to my attention. I was just about to order everything.
I have read here in other posts about some of you changing bars, what gives? Thx, Putt

Old 07-10-2003, 03:47 AM
Pro Rider

Trailtech clamp and X bar pics[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Take a look at these,one pic is of there prototype they sent me and one pic that is bad is the clamp and x bars on my quad.

If you get them you MUST use the high bend bars no matter what they tell you. There is not enough room for shifter start button and brake on there stock height bars I know I tried. The high bend bars just have enough room for everything if you are carefull.

I also cut off the stock clamps and set it right on the stem.You must modify the stem if you do this or the switch for the key wont fit.

I will have a write up on nyroc site by this weekend of the install and more pics. I will tell you they are great to have, much better feel and look great

Old 07-10-2003, 04:26 AM
Pro Rider

Big One, right on! thanks so much. I've installed Trail Techs set up on both my Predator and DS-650 and wouldn't think of using anything else. I called them about three months ago and they told me because of the indicator lights, they didn't think they'd have a set up ready any time soon if at all. I'll be calling them in the morning.Thx for the heads up on the bar hieght, thx again, Putt

Old 07-10-2003, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

I have the "ATVracer bend" on my V, you can still see the lights when they come on, but it is pretty tight. It made a huge difference in handling, much nicer. There's pics on my profile page.

I should be getting a pair of replacement levers today, I'm going to cut an inch out of them, I don't like the long levers that are stock and they don't fit very well under the handguards.

Old 07-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

That's a nice looking setup there BigOne. I think I'll be trying that out when the Renthals bend. Are your bars higher or lower than stock, after you cut the stock mount off? You mention that things are tight, would there be room for handguards to mount?

And Putt, man it must be nice to work in that shop.

Old 07-10-2003, 03:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have the Renthal "atv racer" bars as well. Ordered from RM.com The dash panel still fits, but it is a little tight. It is tough to get the ignition key in and out. So I just leave it in! I think they are better than the stock ones. I am not sure they are a hugh improvment, but they are better than bent stock bars! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The install was not too bad. The tranny shift gizmo is the hardest part. The dual cables are not easy to manipulate. Note that the alignment tabs on both the throttle and the tranny shift need to be ground off, or the new bars need to be drilled.