Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Modulator Test Comparisons

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 01:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modulator Test Comparisons

alltoys do you have a websight or phone number for the red module.

Thanks

Old 08-04-2003, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

Do you think the modulators can be made to work on the V-Force? 95 mph sounds wicked....was that with the stock sheaves and belt? Or just an ignition on a stock V-Force?

Old 08-04-2003, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider

Alltoys, the module that pulls all the way to the rev limiter, what does it hook up to on the ignitor? Also what kind of top speed can I expect with it on a completely stock machine, and what rev limit RPM are you talking about? Is there any difference between low and high range as far as limits go? Details please, Thanks in advance.

Old 08-04-2003, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider

ALLTOY'S... You da man... people have been waiting for a report like this for a long time ... can you say Kuny who... will be watching for contact info for RED650, & NABOR... DGR, may need to step it up a little on release dates of thier "unlimiter"...... WAM

Old 08-04-2003, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

Shotgun wrote:
chauk up a win today with the Freedom cycle, My son out pulled 2-686 grizzs, a 727 grizz and a 760 grizz, along with modded kawa's, and boms, in the free for all. Only class that gave money, rest were trophy's.
Another great result for Team Shotgun!! Is that the son that was hurt a couple of weeks ago? Quick recovery!!
Wildwill wrote:
That blue spring you speak of, is it the same as the pink one from EPI? Thanks
I believe they are very similar, although the blue Dalton does have a slight preload (3lbs.) for a slightly higher engagement, whereas the EPI pink runs zero preload (same as the Kawi stock spring). I currently run the Dalton plain/white stripe spring which I like better than the EPI red. I'll be buying the blue spring from Dalton after my experiences last week with EPI and their clutch weights. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Oh yes, I can also see a red650 module in my future.

Old 08-04-2003, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: NovaKaw650<br
Another great result for Team Shotgun!! Is that the son that was hurt a couple of weeks ago? Quick recovery!!

Nope, this was my oldest son. youngest son had the accident. Thanks everyone for their concern! He is going well and will be ok in a week or two.

Old 08-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

I just put together the Vforce last night initial runs were exceptional. I have my son up from Calgary he has graciously volunteered to test pilot the V700. I have a 500 foot drive way, sonny catwalked the 700 for the entire distance the little s#$t. Going for a good ride today to test the modds will try to break 100 mph on basic stock machine, ignition with a little juice. Results I will post tonight.

Prairie633,
You will not gain any more speed unless you modify the clutch or get taller tires or both. There is no top end module unfortuneatly it is extremely defficult to manufacture I say this as it is possible but extreme. What will happen with the new modulator is the quad will hit rev limit and bounce back slightly then hit the limiter again then repeat itself. There is no way to get past the limiter unless the chip is reprogramed or at least over clocked. Trust me the best way is to go with the modulator at least for now.

Reds e-mail is dbrooks650@hotmail.com

Old 08-04-2003, 02:20 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Alltoys, thanks alot for all the hard work you put into these and the good info we get from you. Im kin of confused and I just wanted to clear up something. I have been anxiously waiting for The Diamond G top end module (Unlimiter) for some time now, based on the fact that Don, being a well respected authority on the P650, has told me several times to expect a hard pull from where the Holeshot leaves off up to the rev limiter and more top speed. I do know for a fact that he has told me in the past, several times,there would be an increase in top speed, somewhere around 8-10 mph. Your last post said we cant gain any top speed without modifying the clutch or getting taller tires. I dont mind paying top dollar for a great ignition, such as the one you are talking about for next year. I just hate to think that I have been waiting all this time for Don's module and it isnt gonna deliver as promised. Am I confusing what you are talking about ?

Old 08-04-2003, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Is there any hope for the modulator to work on the V-Force?

Old 08-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

JJs37880,
Lets say you pay another 100 plus what ever you have paid for a bottom end module you have paid for 2 systems that is enhancing your cdi. All you are receiving is a 10% gain in top end but will loose 10% more timeing because it is being over clocked. I believe it is better to keep the low end modulator as you will hardly ever use the top end on the trails. 70mph on the trails is extremely hard to achieve because you need a long stretch to get there. Most trails you will never get higher than 5000 rpm the best part of the power band. This new modulator will keep you strong till 7700 when you hit the rev limiter don't worry about an extra 10% on the top because you have already crushed your competition from 1000 to 7700 rpm. I believe Dons shuts off at 35mph only because his timeing advance is at 26 degrees and will hamper the cdi's top end as the cdi will allow 28 degrees of advance.

Basically the top end unit when it comes out if it comes out will only deliver supposedly 10%, by the time you have top end working I will be at the end of the race with my bottom end unit waiting for you. In a 1/8th mile race with gobs of traction you should be near the end of it as your quad hits top end. With my quad I am at roughly 5 bike lengths before the end of the 1/8 when I hit rev limiter. If you loose some timeing with the top end unit as you hit 7700 but crest your rpm passed the 1/8 barrier. You will not utilize the total top end unit till after 1/8 mile so what is it good for. Bragging rights I would think as you can say I can go faster than you but I take 1 1/2 miles to get there. That's much to long the race is already over!!!!!!!

BBertram,
Its to bad the modulator will not work on the V700 there is no speed sensor on the V700 so a totally independent ignition is what is needed here. It is not far away!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Modulator Test Comparisons