Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Bent the shock towers on the 700 Prairie already!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 09:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent the shock towers on the 700 Prairie already!

Thanks for the info on the module MikeyBoyesq, I did not know that it was a SPDT switch. I just ordered a set of tires and wheels for the Prairie (Douglas Red Label and ITP 25in. Mud Lites) and I think that I'm going to have to hold off on the switch for a while till I can chalk up a few points with the wife if you know what I mean.........

Old 08-19-2003, 09:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

wow it sound like your doing some preety rad stuff on a work horse. you mite want to invest in a sport bike instead,so you wont run into so many problems. i know they say that the prarie 700 is designed to sport ride. But I dont know about 6 to 8 feet of air.Doesn't that give you an instant head ache when you land?

Old 08-19-2003, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

LOL,,, as a matter a fact,,, the guy who was jumping it this last Sunday jumped it farther than I think I've ever seen a Prairie fly! When he landed his helmet bounced off the bars and his,,, well um ,,, his personals hit the airbox cover and he came to a stop rapidly and just sat there for a few minutes,,,, then he said his head was killing him! LOL!!! He is one of my riders for the 12 Hours of ATV America race and he said we need to do something about the suspention,,,, that's when I got to looking and found the struts blown. Oh well,,, I have a good Kawi dealer and he is gonna call Kawi about it tomorrow!

Old 08-20-2003, 01:59 AM
Range Rover

man, i like jumping on my grizz but that's just crazy! i'm assuming you told the dealer that this was just under "normal usage"?

Old 08-20-2003, 09:09 AM
Pro Rider

LOL,, one of the guys who was at our track the day we were playing was taking pictures of his kid jumping his new baby predator. Well, he just happened to snap some pics of my quad in action also and he thought our dealer would think it was neat to see his kids pics and he just happened to show him some of mine too! SO, I told him thanks,,,,, yep,,, I sure did,,,, just in different words! The dealer knows we are getting ready for the 12 Hour race and he knows how we ride but has never seen pics before, he is a great dealer who is into racing and he is gonna do everything in his power to take care of my quad! He also mentioned if we ride like that in the 12 hours we will no doubt be in front at the end of the race or else busted up in the trailer! LOL!!!

Old 08-20-2003, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

Prairiewrench;

Good luck in getting fix up and the race,

We'll have a p700 or two pulling this weekend. Can't wait to see how they do against the p650.

later

Old 08-21-2003, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

Shotgun,, let me know how they do,, I'd sure like to know what they are doing to them if they do well! I finally got mine past the 65 mph wall I've been hitting every time I mod it more,, I never seem to gain on the top end! Tonight, I took off the OMF beadlock rims and All Trak tires with tire sealant in them thinking maybe they were a bit heavy! I put on my spare stock rims that also have All Traks on them but no sealant! I took it down the gravel road,,, 64mph! S#@*,,, I then decided to take it out on the black top road in front of my house that the cops often patrol,,, YEE HAA!!!!! 66MPH!!!!!!!!!!!! 66mph both ways! Thankfully I never seen any cops cause that would have been a few spendy tickets if I'd been caught! LOL!!!

Old 08-21-2003, 07:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prairiewrench,
Have you experienced any vibration when riding 60 plus mph on tires that contain sealant in them? I only ask because some folks I met once said they took the sealant out of their Raptor's tires because at high speeds the tires vibrated badly and felt like they were out of balance. Because of this concern, I have been reluctant to put sealant into my own P650 tires.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2003, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

Prairie,

Could your lack of speed be because the 700 has a longer stroke, therefore takeing more time to make a rev, so your RPM's might be down.

I think the vforce 700 must be geared different to get 75 MPH.

It seems to me that more cc's with the same stroke would be faster, more cc's with a longer stroke and the same gearing might be slower. It would have more torque, more bottom and middle end, but more top end????