Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Trashed my Swing Arm Boot. Better Skid plates?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trashed my Swing Arm Boot. Better Skid plates?

I posted earlier how I trashed my front bumper & fender. Well I did a full inspection and found my Swing Arm boot trashed. I noticed the skid plate could be longer to help protect it. The boot is fully exposed.
I looked at High lifters and Ricochet, but can't find one the looks like it would help further protect that boot.
Any ideas?
I'm thinking about a tougher piece of industrial hose!? That unit is as flimsy as it can be without being made of paper!
I have the unit apart exept for the pivots. I need to bring bigger sockets from work. I was one size from having her off.
I will be pioneering this better boot material unless you folks point out it has been done already.

Old 08-24-2003, 04:13 PM
Range Rover

I went down the same road as you have....tore mine on nearly the first trip out on the bike. Called every dealer in the province but none of them had one in stock, so I ended up having to order it in. I had thought about damned near everything imaginable to "beef" it up, but since the boot came in in only a matter of a couple days, I just installed the new one and have since forgotten about it. The problem with using a piece of rubber hose or tubing is that neither end are the same diameter, and the very small "lips" which the clamps have to secure the boot to. I ended up ordering 2 of them in, assuming they'd be ripped quite often, but have put over 600 miles on the bike since in alot worse areas, and haven't had a problem with it since. Just one of those freak things that happens i guess.

Jeff

Old 08-24-2003, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

What's the latest on the Gates replacement belt?????