Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

My weekend at the drags

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My weekend at the drags

Its funny, few people actually take the time to check to see how Alltoys attained that kind of power on the V-Force. They look at the title, goto the last page on the thread, hit reply and type some crap. Oh well.

Old 08-27-2003, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: POLARISFREAK
GE4*4 what type of surface were you racing on? THERE IS NO WAY A VFORCE went 3.24 in 350ft unless it had a jet engine strapped to it!
The starting line was a little soft (too much roost) but most was gravel.

Old 08-27-2003, 10:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bbertram, my front engine v-8 altered drag car could barely run those times in 350 feet. Over 600HP in a car that weighed 1600lbs and 60ft times in the 1.2 range on asphalt. Unless you go to a real 300ft dragstrip and see all the different bikes run and talk to people, only then will you realize how full of crap alltoys is. You dont really know what a bunch of bull he is feeding everyone and only the drag racers understand it. And as said before a stopwatch can and will be anywhere from .3 to .8 off. Try and even stop a watch the same several times just by looking at it. You cant even do that the same everytime.

Old 08-27-2003, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

I would like to set the record straight.

I have been taking a lot of flak over the times I posted some time ago. So I reconstructed the test to see if in fact there was any poblems with the results. The test was in the same place with 350 feet, same road, same people ( my son was also doing the racing last time he is 150 lbs considerably liter than myself LOL).

The only problem I found was my trusty old stop watch had a glitch with the number 4 it was broken up and looked almost like a 3 so I gathered it was a 3 when it was a 4. Since I found this out I bought 2 new stop watchs and ran 10 runs 5 runs on each new stop watch. I do not have the luxury of owning drag trees so this is the best way for me to test my modds.

Modded V Force with custom ignition, intake, exhaust, 2 stage Nos, and custom clutch it ran a consistant 4.28 seconds in 350 feet.

Modded V Force everything the same except no juice average was 5.17 seconds in 350 feet.

Modded V Force custom intake, exhaust, clutch, stock cdi, average was 5.39 seconds.

I have had as much as 125 HP from my 650 with super charger and on the juice the biggest gains in any modification is being able to put the horsepower to the ground I have said this many times. I have my clutchs set so the front end will lift off the ground about 5 -6 inches hold that lift untill the bike reaches the speed of the clutch basically to which total power is into pulling with little to no wheel spin. A perfect example is a dragster they have gobs of power but have to regulate the power to the ground at intervals just like an auto in a car or rideing the clutch on geared quad. Only if you have the clutch set you can go full out without haveing to second guess your hand pressure on the clutch lever or how much gas to give it so you don't go backwards off the backend. The more variables you erase the more sucessful your run will be. One more thing I should mention I used a smaller cam in the carbs so full throttle will come on twice as fast. I used to use this racing 1/4 mile Harleys. I realize a stop watch is not the best thing to get accurate times but it is what I have besides a shop built dyno. My son has raced funny car for me in the past and is within 0.5 reaction time so I trust his ability on the V Force or what ever he runs for me. There it is that's all she wrote I shall put away stop watch till next season when I have my full mudd race engine in my quad hopefully with EFI and tuneable ignition which I already have the ignition that is.

Old 08-28-2003, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

Damn that old stop watch. Still, thats a very fast time. Good job Alltoys, keep it up.