Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Rausch Creek first time on V-Force

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 10:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rausch Creek first time on V-Force

I went to Rausch Creek this past Saturday for the first time ever. I took my V and my Scrammie to see what this place was all about. The weather absolutely sucked. Rain (that was supposed to stop in the morning) continued all day and made the whole place one big mud fest. My bud and I rode the Hare Scramble course first and to say it is rocky is a bit of an understatement. It is a technical course, I can definitely see why the pros would have problems with flat tires there. Anyway, after a lap around the HS course, we moved over to the Intermediate ATV track and had an absolute blast. The real thing I was dying to try out was my new clutch spring. I read where GE4X4 had put a stock scrambler spring in and he liked it. I just happened to have my old stock one (my scrammie is pipped and clutched with a bunch of motor work so I really don't need the stock one anymore) and I put it in my V the night before we left.

Anyone that has been to RC and ridden the tracks knows that they do a great job of grooming and maintaining them. Even though it was muddy as hell, we still had a blast. Slinging the V around the turns sideways was extra easy due to the mud, unfortunatly, vision became very poor after about 1/2 a lap and we had to stop after every lap to clean his googles and my glasses. One time I almost made it a full lap without coating my glasses in mud when a guy in front of me on a Cannondale Cannibal goosed me and got me good. I don't think he was even trying, he just heard the big V rollin' up on him and thought, I'm not lettin him pass me (which BTW I didn't, not after my glasses were full of mud!). RC doesn't have any real good spots to do serious high speed runs(which was even worse due to the mud) so I never really got to see if my spring upgrade made much of a difference on the middle and top end.

The rain continued and we finally called it quits around 3:30. We loaded up and went into town to the Tremont car wash and spent $20 just trying to get the mud off the two bikes and my new Triton trailer before the long ride back to VA. Because it was so muddy, there really wasn't a good place to race.

I am looking forward to my next trip back up. I'll probably head up during the week since there will be less people there and more open track to play on. If anyone from the Northern VA area is interested in going up, PM me and we'll hook up and go. Even though it is 150 miles, it is well worth it, even if it's only a day trip.

later...

Old 09-06-2003, 12:51 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rausch Creek first time on V-Force

I love that place the intermediate track is a blast!Ive been there twice and never saw a VForce and was very dissapointed about that because Im thinking of buying one and wanted to see it in action.