Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mojave vs. 300ex

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2000, 07:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AlaskaTRX just said it all. I've found a used 250x that looks fairly good in my area for 2500 bones. If I can sell the rippin recon and get to the 250 before somebody else buys it, I'll be in good shape. Thanks for the help.

Old 06-13-2001, 05:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Opinion. OK. Here it is. Mojave. You can't go wrong for the price.

Old 06-13-2001, 11:40 PM
Range Rover

Reconrider, It sure is nice to see honda owners reading the kawasaki forum. I have a mojave so I am partial to it. I too thought about the 300ex vs the mojave. I wanted a kick start because I dont want to mess with the battery and I dont want to get stuck somewhere without a backup starting system. I also like the reverse setup on the mojave better than the 300. The biggest plus is that you save $800 if you buy the mojave, and if you buy a few performance goodies you'll be better than the 300 horsepower and torque. I think the mojave is a great bargain. If you dont care how much money you spend then buy a raptor.

Old 06-14-2001, 12:18 AM
Trailblazer

I myself have a 2000 Mojave and I absolutely love the thing. I have been noticing alot of people saying how the 300ex is faster than the Mojave. ATV and 4 wheel action did a shootout a little over a year ago on the 300ex, Mojave, Blaster and the Warrior. The Mojave and the 300ex were only about a second or two apart on the drag race protion of the shootout with the edge going to the Mojave. The Mojave revs quicker and has dual over head cams that allow it to build power faster than the 300ex. I'm not saying the 300 is a dog or anything, I just personaly prefer the Mojave. I will say that the 300ex got the nod for having the best handling and suspension in that shootout so it can't be all bad.

As far as people saying that they run circles around the Mojave in short and long runs, BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Either your high or the other person can't ride to save their ***! Those two machines are to close to really say that one is that much better or faster than the other, both have there pro's and cons. A great point was made in an earlier post though, about the difference in price. With a few mods that would get you up to the same price as what a stock 300ex is, you can have an awesome Mojave. Check out the August 2000 edition of Dirt Wheels and check out what you can do with the $800 difference in price. Dura blue wheel spacers, White Bothers E-series S-bend pipe, K&N ATV power up kit. Those mods right there should gain you about 6-8 horsepower. The Mojave delivers 16 horse at the rear tires and 25 at the crank bone stock.

Old 06-14-2001, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

I'd rather press a button and be gone than kick anything. Actually, there are a great many electric start GNCC entries. A sea of 400EXs as they say. One advantage to the electric start is the ability to start in any gear. If you stall it just clutch it and hit the button. I've been on some bad hills where it was just about impossible to kick my old LT500.

Old 06-14-2001, 11:45 AM
Trailblazer

I own both a Mojave and 300EX and in my opinion the 300EX is better. I don't mind a kick start until I go through water and it happens to stall. I can't count the number of times when my foot has slipped and the kick starter has hit me in the shin. The Mojave feels a little more stable in turns than my 300EX but when it comes to jumping it feels like a tank. And the suspension is to stiff to give me a comfortable landing. To me the 300EX is WAY better at wheeling. I can be creeping along in 3rd gear and loft the front up. In 1st gear I can barely get the front end up on the Mojave. Plus the 300EX balances better. To me liquid-cooling is not nessecary, I have ridden my 300EX all day and never had a problem with over heating. So to me liquid-cooling is just something that adds weight. Don't get me wrong I love my Mojave but I love the 300EX more.

Old 06-14-2001, 12:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

No wonder why your Mojave feels like a tank you idiot. Look at the difference! 1988 to a 2001! 11 year old technology compared to just a 1 year old! Open your damn eyes stupid..... I'm not even gonna say it.

Old 06-14-2001, 03:17 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Honda250EXloser, Just because the 300EX is a 2001 and the Mojave is a 1988 has nothing to do with it. The frames were both designed in 1987. That being the time that the 250X and the Mojave came out. And most of us know the 300EX is basically the same as the 250X. I would almost bet big money that you don't have a quad. And if you do that you dont know much about them. Think about your comments a little bit before you write them.

Old 06-14-2001, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Mojave13 HOw do you come up with the Mojave feels like a tank. I think that you don't know what you are talking about. The Mojave weigh's 2lbs. more than a 300 but that weight is made up for the overall strength of the frame. I know because my friend has a 300 and we ride together. the dinky shocks on it sucks and have less travel back and front. You can easily adjust the suspension on the Mojave from being too stiff. OK he has cracked his frame in multiple places and I haven't yet plus we both have works shocks on our's plus the Mojave has cicular tubing while the 300 has square tubing. thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2001, 08:53 PM
Trailblazer

MXRacer98, If you read the last issue of ATV Action you would see that they say that the Mojave weighs more than a Raptor and in the 300EX test they say that it is the only sport quad besides the Blaster that weighs under 400 pounds. And personally I believe it. I hear a lot of griping about people who say that there shootouts are biased I think its just because they can't face the fact that there quad didn't win. In the Dirt Wheels 4x4 shoot out didn't the Sportsman beat the Rubicon. But wait doesn't Honda put more ads in Dirt Wheels? The why did the Sportsman win? And I also hear a lot of brand bashing going on and I think thats stupid to. All quads have their good and bad points. I hear 400EX people saying that the Raptor sucks, when really its just that they can't face the fact that the Raptor is better.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Mojave vs. 300ex