Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mojave vs. 300ex

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-1999, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like opinions please.

Old 12-15-1999, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

300EX all the way.

Old 12-15-1999, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

Go with the Mojave. Just as fast as the EX, water-cooled, dual cams, kick start, and in LIME GREEN!!

Old 12-15-1999, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

Well, the Mojave's liquid cooling and fan assist is nice, very good cornering and handling, but top speed isn't there, but acceleration is pretty good. The 300EX is faster in both acceleration and top speed, much better suspension, they both fly pretty good, Mojave is short therefore easier to tip going uphill. The Mojave has better ground clearance. The 300EX has electric start and reverse, the Mojave only has reverse and a kick starter. Since the Mojave does not have a battery, the lighting really sucks on it. The lights are too dim at idle, and not a whole lot better when it's revved up. The reverse procedure and choke access are better on the Mojave. Keep in mind that I did have a Mojave at one time. It was my first quad and an '87 that I bought used. Now I have a '98 300EX. What I noticed about the Mojave is the gearing was WAY too low on it. It would get to fifth gear so quickly and would just rev to be hell after that to get the top speed out of it. Also, the front tires would hit the front plastic fenders when the suspension would compress, but that might be different on the newer ones. The air filter design on the Mojave, and Lakota for that matter, aren't much. All it is is a flat piece of foam, and I'm not sure but I think there were 6 screws to take the air box lid off and I think the fenders had to be removed part way to get to the airbox lid. That is a lot of hassle. In the snow the Mojave was good, with good ground clearance and light weight, it impressed me for being a 2 wheel drive machine. But my 300EX is a lot more of a machine. It is a '90's design and it shows, since the Mojave hasn't been changed since it came out in '87, except for maybe some minor shock seal changes and stuff. I don't know what my 300EX is like in snow, but I will find out soon. I love Honda's design how the fenders and the seat come off all together, on the 300 and 400EX. They probably got this design from their old threewheelers. Let's see, both machines have disc brakes. My Honda's are really strong, and I don't need them much since the engine slows the machine most of the time. That is about all I have to say, hope this helps.

Old 12-26-1999, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Mojave all the way I have one with supertrapp exhaust, renthal handle bars,dynojet jets,dg nerf bars,razr tires on front and back with douglas wheels and it eats hondas my friends has a 300ex and a 250x and they can't compare although they should fix the fenders and make them smaller but mojave has more suspension travel thats way better.It is cheaper so can can hop it up Kick-starters are more depedable than battery's and mojave have the same top speed as a 300ex.with the right tires mojaves are great in the snow and are predicable jumpers in the air.Mojave all the way. Man e-mail me and tell me what you buy.

Old 12-27-1999, 12:45 AM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you people realize what your saying? Your compairing the best woods racing legend to something that will never be. There is no competition here. 300Ex

BTW The suspension and handling is superior on the EX.

Old 12-27-1999, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

Dominator what are you saying? Mojave will always be supieior to the 300ex? why would they race it in the gncc then?

Old 12-27-1999, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

Tell him mxracer. The mojave is way better that the 300ex Even though I like Hondas, I still own 2 Mojaves. They just as good if not better that a 300EX, and they are ceaper too. 300EX's eats Mojave's roost!!!

Old 12-27-1999, 06:58 PM
Range Rover

Recon, what type of terrain are you going to be riding? Does a no frill rough ride all power what you want or a smooth well suspendent machine what you want? For trails I would go with the 300EX all the way or MX I would go with the Mojave all the way.

------------------
99 400EX 88 LT250R SPEEDTEAM@AOL.COM

Old 12-28-1999, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

Mxracer98, Team Kawasaki is racing a souped up Mojave in the GNCC. I don't think it would look to good for them if they were riding a 300EX in the GNCC, do you? And I've owned a Mojave already. Just read my post above. It has some nice things, like power for a 250 4 stroke, easy wheelies, good ground clearance, liquid cooling, very good cornering. But the reason it is cheaper is because you get less. You have no electric starter, which is probably around $300 as an accessory, that's getting close to the price of the 300EX already. Less power, mod the engine and you're more than the price of the 300EX brand new. And the fact that the Mojave is just small, it is not suited for as many riders as the 300EX. If you've noticed, when you're sitting on it normal and you turn the bars all the way one way, the bars are probably touching your legs. That's why they're small in size and also the wheelbase is shorter than the EX.

Quick Reply: Mojave vs. 300ex