Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Spartan, Kentucky GNCC Round 11

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 01:45 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spartan, Kentucky GNCC Round 11

The next GNCC is this weekend....any other V-Riders going.....??

Adam Howell (green team) and Doug Henke (DPH400ex) both forum members got some words and recognition from the last GNCC round...you can Read More @

....tarrat

Old 09-19-2003, 05:54 PM
Trailblazer

Sparta is so close to home.....I have two friends who are racing (400ex and 300ex) not sure what class.

Good Luck if you go.

Old 09-19-2003, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Tarrat103
The next GNCC is this weekend....any other V-Riders going.....??

Tarrat

Won't make it to this one, but hope to make it to Ohio on Oct 4. Lets have another good showing on the V

Old 09-22-2003, 11:48 AM
Trailblazer

I went and spectated. This was the first event I've been to and now I'm hooked. I may try running a few events next year. How did the V's do? I did talk to a very nice guy on an Orange V. Sounded like he had a rough day. Flipped it twice, had a flat and lost his front bumper. Sounds like fun anyway.

Old 09-22-2003, 04:56 PM
Range Rover

The track was nice but was a little too rocky for my rear tires to handle! Had a flat rear about 2 miles in and had no spares!! So i flatened the other rear to even things out and TRIED to ride the remainder of the race. Really bummed to drive all that way for a flat, but i cant wait till the next one on the 4th!!

Old 09-22-2003, 11:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

hipsi, That was me you talked to. Yea had a pretty rough day but got 4 laps in and 18 out 23 in class and 167 overall. Hopefully St. Clairsville will go better. Hope to meet some of you there.

Old 09-23-2003, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer

Hey guys , glad some of you made it to Spartan. I was all set to go, after beating my self up for my crappy race at Mathew Farms, I was looking forward to hopefully having a better showing at Spartan. I put my new Elkas on, dialed them in and put on a new set of XCR rears.

Man, those Elkas definitely make a world of difference, I sagged my rear down to match the fronts. This took allot of set up time to get them dialed in, and the right combo, but once I got them set, I picked up almost 2 minutes a lap on my 2 mile practice track, over the "slower stock" shock and tire set-up.

However I blew out two XCR rear tires in just a week of practice, and broke my rear frame to engine mount on each side. The same place as the earlier weld failures that were reported by some other V owners. I think I may have done this while practicing on our local MX track. There are a couple of big table tops that I was jumping, .....and this may have done some of the damage.....the rear shock is just not up to the quality of the Elka fronts. However, I don't really remember the rear shock bottoming out all that much.

I did not notice the broken welds on the frame until Friday morning, just before heading out to Kentucky......I will have to pull the exhaust, rear plastic, and shock, so that I can get at it, and to re-weld with my mig. I am going to weld both sides of the mounts, as they are only welded on one side. I think if they would (factory) weld both sides of this bracket/mounts, they would be fine.

I love the XCR rear tires.....great handling and phenomenal straight line acceleration with these tires, but I don't think they can take either the weight, and or the power of the V-force. I have run my stockers on these same tracks for several hundred laps over the summer, plus 3 GNCC races with no problems. I think I am going to switch to 20" Hole Shot XC's...I have always had good luck with those on my other quads. I did see where ITP has redesigned the XCR's with a new 03 version that supposedly has a tougher & lighter construction, so I might try them also.

I did read in another forum were Green Team had a flat on the first lap also, I know he is running the XCR, but not sure if they are the 03's or not. These tires are awesome , but just may not be strong enough for the GNCC stuff....they worked great for MX though.

Glad to see that you made it DPH...sorry though for the bad luck....aren't you also running the 20" XCRs??

I will definitely be at the next and last 2 races, St Clairsville, Ohio, and the Iron Man in Indiana. Glad to see the rest of you guys will be there also,

later...... tarrat

Old 09-23-2003, 08:38 AM
Trailblazer

Why considering 20" tires? I would think you would want the ground clearance the 22's give you.

Old 09-23-2003, 09:01 AM
Range Rover

Tarrat, i just put on the new 03 xcr's and they will not hold up! ITP guys at the race said they will not handle the extra weight of the V and said I was lucky that Mathews Farm was a smooth track.. Anyway im going back to the xct 22's. Cya next Saturday