Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

12hrs of ATV America

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12hrs of ATV America

Okay. Here are a few clips to start with.

First, you need to download and install the DIVX codec.

Then right click and "save as" on this link to download some of the race footage.

After the video is done double click to play or open it with Windows media player (or compatible player of choice).

Here is the footage of my unlimted class pull. Same deal as above; right click and save.

I have limited space on my host, so I can't get crazy with the clip size. So, the quality suffers as a result. If you have dialup be patient. The download may take a while.

More clips to come....

DWB

Old 10-27-2003, 11:16 PM
Range Rover

Sweet pic's and movie's DWB
That looked like on he!! of a good time.
Congrat's to every one on there win's!

Old 10-27-2003, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

DIRTYWHITEBOY ... thanks for all the help this last week end ... I do have some pictures worth sending you, & I have 3 disks of pictures Dan & his wife took... haven't had a chance to look through those yet, as I spent the day in St Mary's today... they did finally cast my foot today...

OLDMANWHEELER... tell John Pellan, that it was an honor to meet him, & thanks for letting me trade my wheelchair in for my quad... the extra break in time, allowed me to feel safe in running one pull class ( lucky for DWB, that it was only one class...LOL...)...your race was first rate, & we were all glad to help out where we could, hope you're feeling better...

PRAIRIEWRENCH... you & your team impressed me man... I know what you were going through / trying to accomplish that last week or two... congratulations on you 3rd place finish... sorry we came & stole all your thunder on the pulls on Sunday... I'd say your'e lucky my wife was dieting, a few more pounds on her, & she may have beaten your 700, in the unlimited class, with our 300... but I won't give you any more grief, as I know CAM is going to be rubbing it in plenty, that he beat you in the stock class...

PUDDLEJUMPER... sorry I missed meeting you... I was in the pit 2-3 times, but made pretty slow pace with the wheelchair, in that rough terrain... then got stuck working the whole 2nd half of the race... It was an honor to meet Mike Pendland & the rest of you... I'd have liked to spent more time in the pits talking to the D 23 guys... I think I'll race D23 for points next year ???

I was really impressed with the power of the new 750... too bad I didn't get the bugs out of it enough to pull in all the classes... in the 2wd class that I did run, It felt like it could have pulled that sled up the hill & into the parking lot... I was also very impressed with how the Super Swamper TSL's performed ( I REALLY expected DWB to win all the classes he entered ( a new fresh 700 Prairie, & those awesome Pitbulls )

SHOTGUN... thanks for the input on the hitch, & pulling... unfortuneatly, I wasn't able to use it, as they limited us to stock hitch, even in the open class

I'll try to post more soon, I was at the hospital most of the day today ( I'm healing better than expected ), & I'll be at a trade show, most of tomorrow... later...WAM

Old 10-28-2003, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

Congratulations to everyone in the race. It was really awesome to be there again!

Bartlett, it was nice meeting you! Kind of ironic that your pit was right next to ours! I was very impressed with the 4 minute axle change, that was amazing! You had some really great riders and really great teams there! How did it end up for your A & B class teams? Nothing was for sure when I last checked.

DirtyWhiteBoy, thanks for the pics!!! On the # 515 green Prairie was my husband Jason riding, so I like having that picture! I also enjoyed the movie clips!

Old 10-28-2003, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

ATVgurl,

PM me your e-mail and I will send you a bigger version of that pic if you'd like.

For those of you that have fast internet or want a better quality vid of the race, right click and save here

More pulling video's:

Prairiewrench

Kamasaki

Prairiewrench, the group of us, and then Kam pulling

DWB, PW, and one big dude.

WAM

WAM,

Hey no problem. Thanks again for organizing everything, the shirt and hat, and not beating me in all the pulls....lol. I look forward to some friendly competition in the future. It will be fun to make comparative changes to our machines and see how they work. Did you watch the DVD and see why they call me DirtyWhiteBoy? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

To all,

You missed a great time. Don't miss out next year....

Old 10-28-2003, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

Wow, nice vids,

it's quite a bit different than our pulls. we pull 200-300 ft and reach speeds of up to 20 MPH.

Max chain length is 3 ft. That drag really doesn't let you get started.

Good job everyone!!

Old 10-28-2003, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

Great videos! Power is not a problem as you can see but traction is a big problem. That Polaris made it look easy. Mike (newbeatle) did very well, he dragged that sled like it wasn't even there. DWB, those are cool tires, you should get some for the front like Shotgun.

Old 10-28-2003, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

Here are the Official Results

Traction was definitely the issue. The loose material they spread over the hard base on the track made it like grease. We did 200' runs at the last pull I did and I like that better too, as Shotgun stated.

That Polaris didn't fare as well until the owner put that big guy on it. The weight advantage was significant....lol.

It was fun anyway; that was all that mattered.

Old 10-28-2003, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

don't get me wrong, it really looked like fun!

but I can't get over, for as small as that drag sled was, that it pulled so hard, that thing is a brick.

Are you sure they took the brakes off that thing. lol

You guys were spinning alot. lots of power, next time paint a white line on the tires, then when you look at the vids, it'll help you see what your doing.

Anyone have a tach, how many RPM's?

Notice how far the polaris driver had his weight towards the front. He would have been DQ'ed for
standing up......a$$ on the seat...lol

Old 10-28-2003, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

Are you allowed to run any tire you want? Would studded tires be allowed, if so they would dig in great and get traction. I noticed Mike had some really small tires on the rear of his Praire.

Quick Reply: 12hrs of ATV America