Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

12hrs of ATV America

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 02:29 AM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 12hrs of ATV America

Well.................stick a fork in me, Im done! I went out riding this weekend and I found a 50 foot jump. After about the 15th time I landed wrong and bounced off my bike and ran over my self. The doc says that I have a torn ACL and MCL in my knee. So that means no race, no work, no 4-wheeler for eight weeks. Good luck to everyone this weekend. I wish I could be there.
Hope to see you on 4 wheels soon, newbeatle.

Old 10-21-2003, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jump enough times, your gonna get hurt..... it's Murphyslaw.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Hope your get better soon...

Old 10-21-2003, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

I was thinking the same thing shotgun.

I know how you are feeling murphyslaw. I broke my heal bone Aug 15th. I wont go back to work till Jan 4th. I still ride though.

Old 10-22-2003, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

I had already decided not to ring the sleeves, as Mickey had not reccommened it, the collars on the new sleeves were smaller / thinner than the stock sleeves, & my compression ratio would only end up less than 11.5 to 1... I may have fire in the hole tommorrow... there was a miss communication with getting my heads back up here... they were still in Iowa yet today ??? they are to be next dayed to me ... the new wheels are awesome looking & now the new Goodyear radials are mounted up... & ready for the pulls on Sunday

as bad luck would have it, our 300 Prairie dead shorted some of the wiring ,tookout the ignition wiring, last Sunday, while my wife was riding it ( getting used to the new twist throttle ), we had intended to use it, to be able to compete in at least something, in case the bugs are not totally out of the 750 in time...

I have made a very custom pulling hitch that will mount onto the reciever hitch on my 750, or the stock hitch on either our 300 Prairie, or a buddies 650 or 700 Prairie... that, the custom multi mount weight box should help us in which ever pulling class we are able to run in...

as I'm still pretty busted up ( & not allowed to drive anything except my wheelchair, by my wife ), it has been very hard to put together all of the projects I've been working on, for this race / & pulls, I haven't given up yet, but will still be attending, even if my team is just helping / spectating, look for team Common Sense Solutions & Concepts... we'll be there, no matter what life continues dump on us... see ya there... WAM

Old 10-22-2003, 09:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

hope you get everything put back together WAM. ohh and is your wheel chair an elextric one? could rig something up to make it go fast! lol. get better soon

Friesen

Old 10-23-2003, 04:11 AM
Pro Rider

OMG, that was a lot of reading!!!!

WAM: I'm really sorry to hear about your accident, that's terrible and I hope you recover quickly!!!

murpheyslaw: I hope you recover quickly as well! I had ACL surgery 8 years ago, I feel your pain. Good as new now, though, just make sure you take time in recovering and don't overdo yourself.

Sounds like a lot of kinks in the plans...I know PW is busy taking care of his share of problems with the prairie! I'll be in the pits with PW (but not actually WITH him...my husband's racing his quad...just had to clear that up), it'd be nice to put some faces with icons [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2003, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

I would like to congratulate Diamond G Racing / Mickey Dunlap Four Stroke for such a valiant effort in the 12-Hours of ATV America Utility Expert Class. The team consisting of Jim Dahl (Prairiewrench), mechanic and riders Matt Cooper, Leo Reigelsberger & Jason Mickelson competed against three teams, all made up of veterans of the GNCC. Our guys were in a tight battle for 2nd, only a few shorts minutes out of first when a short in the kill switch put them two laps down and into fourth place. These guys don’t know the word quit and they battled back and as they were reaching the 12 hour point they made the pass that put them in third place where they finished.

A group of good ol’ weekend riders and a sleepless mechanic pulled off one of the best first year efforts any one could expect. After the first hour the 6.5 mile track started to take a beating and riders rode 6.5 miles of ruts and turns through woods, sands, woops, MX and a super fast TT track. By hour 12 the 4,752 laps ridden by the 72 teams took its toll and the best teams from the GNC and GNCC were dropping out with broken axles, cracked crank cases, broken shocks, tired engines and many other knock out blows to numerous to mention.

Our guys not only finished a race that many of the best “full time”, high budget race teams from the best series in the world, but they finished third in class and very respectfully overall. Guys I’m very proud of you and Prairiewrench you can steal, I mean borrow, the engine out of my quad anytime.

I also want to congratulate Team EMU from Iowa Falls, IA who finished third in the “B” class and nudged out Team Diamond G / Mickey Dunlap for the Best of Iowa award. You guys did a great job and all of us are proud to have raced with you. Two local Iowa teams who finished third in there respective classes is something you can both be proud of!

The 12-Hours of ATV America grew 45% only its second year and teams from all over the country praised the track and fell in love with the event. By now many of these teams have headed back home, but to all of you, thank you for coming to Fort Dodge, IA and racing the 12-Hours of ATV America. We'll see everyone again next year with even a better track and more surprises.

Thanks also to the H-Bomb Squad for putting on such a great freestyle show. As the announcer said, “…these guys do things in the air he can’t even do on his coutch…”. Finally, I want to thank Newbeatle, broken leg and all, and his friends from MN for showing up at the event to support his forum friends. I understand he even helped flag for awhile; you just can’t keep a good man down.

It was an HONOR to be one of the supporters / sponsors of the Diamond G Racing / Mickey Dunlap Four Stroke team. Except for an unpredictable short in the kill switch everything else ran flawlessly!!! Can you imagine what you could have accomplished if not for a little, unpredictable setback like a short? A solid second place finish would not been out of the question!!!

Finally, I want to thank everyone who stopped by our pits to provide words of support and encouragement, especially after the team fell down two laps. Your words made a difference and what really made them special is most of them where from fellow competitors. Also, congratulations to Team Penland for winning the Utility Expert class for the second year in a row.

Old 10-26-2003, 01:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks for the report Old man. Sounds like it was a great race and I am sorry that I missed it. I am hoping hta tnext year I will be able to take some tim out of a busy college schudle and make it down there. Congradualtions Too PW and the rest of team Diamond G Racing / Mickey Dunlap.

Friesen

Old 10-26-2003, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, great work guys. Sounds like it was a hard event, I wonder how the ATV pulls went?

Old 10-26-2003, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Wheeler, PW,
congratulations on your successful run 2 laps to over come is a major victory the guys will have to pat themselves on the back. I would be very proud to have done this in any race my hat is off to you!!!!

Wam,
There is always next year now you know of course your machine will be hard to beat in the next coming events once you heal. Sounds like you guys and Gals had fun I wish I could have been there.

Quick Reply: 12hrs of ATV America