Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

12hrs of ATV America

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 01:12 AM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 12hrs of ATV America

PW, thanks for the info about where to stay. I am still thinking about coming for the weekend. I just have to talk some riding buddys into coming with me. I like the idea of staying right thier and camping because I just bought a pop up camper, but with no electrics it will be a cold weekend. If its not too much trouble, do you think maby you could give me a name or two of a camp site that might be able to accomidate my little camper. you have been a great help. thanks in advance.

Old 09-24-2003, 07:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

murphyslaw, I have sent you a PM!

Shotgun,,, you tease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at us,,, maybe you could put your services up for bid like ebay,,,, highest bidder gets ya! LOL!!!!!!

MnFriesen, when you come here, you can just pay for the pit pass and you can be in the pits! I'll be more than happy to have any of you guys around! Yes, team green will be here and the Penlands team are always happy to talk with anyone who wants to chat.

Alltoys,,, now you know you wouldn't have to bring the Prairie,,, just the ignition! LOL!! I also know you would be put up at the Oldmans house! As far as being on pins and needles in the pits,,, I'm already starting, I've been having problems sleeping from the nightmares I'm having! LOL!! I think I'm gonna age 10 years in the next month! Oh well, sleep is way over rated anyway!

newbeatle,,, well, it looks like my 785 won't be done for the September 28th hare scramble but,,, LOL,,, we are going to put my stuff,,bumpers, plastic and such, on a friends 700 P and let Leo loose on it! This is going to be a very busy week for me again, trying to get my stuff onto the other 700P, and getting 3 other Prairies ready for the harescramble and my mind is on the 12 Hour race! Can you say,,,, burned out! LOL!!!

Old 09-24-2003, 08:33 AM
Pro Rider

Where is the closest airport? Des Moines?

Old 09-24-2003, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

The Des Moines airport is probably only 50 -60 miles away...

Or you could come into Minneapolis / St Paul... 3.5 hours away

Or you could come into Chicago... 5 hours away

Or Omaha... 4 hours away

Old 09-24-2003, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

Or you could arrange to fly into Fort Dodge,,,, hmmmm that's ,,, oh ,,, right here! LOL!!! That's 5 miles from the track, 2 miles from my house, 1 mile from the closest hotel...... We do have an airport here,,, the last time my wife flew out she left from here,, it was great,, no driving 2 plus hours to take her to one of the bigger airports. You can get a rent a car there and everything!
The Des Moines airport is about a 1 3/4 to 2 hours away with good traffic from Fort Dodge. 1 1/2 hours if you know your way!

Old 09-24-2003, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

P.W. ...thats just a little Cessna airport, like my town has isn't it... ( they have to move the cows, every time a plane comes in ??? ) ...LOL

Old 09-24-2003, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider

OUCH,,,,,,,, no, actually they have daily flights with larger planes, not 747's or anything but they are actual passenger planes!

Heck,,I believe the airport may even have running water and a indoor toilet too!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2003, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider

newbeatle;

Thanks for the infor. which would you recommend.

If I come I'd be happy to help any of you guys, now what it worth? lol.

Old 09-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

Shotgun,,,Do a price check on tickets, check to see what it is to fly into Des Moines and check what it costs to come right into Fort Dodge! Like I said, last time my wife flew out there wasn't much price difference between the two and it saved alot of driving time! You can fly in, get into a car and be at the track withing 15 minutes!

Old 09-24-2003, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider

What's it worth,,, well, I guess you get to pit with newbeatle,,, all my money has gone into the quad that's gonna win the race! LOL!!!

hey newbeatle, when do you plan to come down??? maybe we should try to pit side by side,, I will be setting up early Friday morning!

Quick Reply: 12hrs of ATV America