Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V Force vs YFZ 450

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V Force vs YFZ 450

I am really pissed that that cocky kid on his little 450 beat my by about 2 and a half lenghts in a 600 foot race. The only thing that I can say in defense of the Force is that the ground was very loose and I could not get mine to bite until about 50 yards. He got the holeshot on me and then pulled away. When I rode his, it was hooking up very well. I think if we had raced on hard ground, it would have been very close. I know for sure that I should get the holeshot and I was not yesterday. The ground was so soft that I could nail if from a dead standstill and not pull the wheels up an inch. Anyone who has ridden a Force knows that this means that I was severely lacking in traction. To make matters worse, I wasn't expecting that, so I was leaning forward in my normal "don't flip the Force on takeoff" stance (Already had two friends stand it up and broke my grab bar and taillight).

Anyway, I am impressed with the 450's acceleration, but I can say that it is very bland to ride. Not much torque and very small. Even though I lost the race, I left the experience feeling very satisfied with my Force. I think I would buy a Raptor over the 450 for my riding style if I were to get a manual quad. The Raptor has reverse and a ton more torque (which I like a lot). For now, I will continue to deal with the constant smile the Force leaves on my face.

Anyone else race a 450?

Old 09-22-2003, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

I have and it depended on who got the holeshot. I won the first race, he won the second.

Old 09-22-2003, 12:13 PM
Trailblazer

i raced 3 450's in pismo up hill drag racing the only one that beat me by about one quadlength had a pipe on it

Old 09-22-2003, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

No doubt about it, the 450 is fast! I rode with one last weekend at Hatfield/McCoy trails

Old 09-22-2003, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

I have raced a stock one in the grass on a long drag, prolly 200yds or so. And 9 outta 10 times I beat him by a bike and a half. But if I wheelied too much at the start, he would beat me by a bike. It its prolly the fastest stock bike by far, my buddy has a 04 rappy and when he was stock, I could walk away from him, now he has a yoshi pipe and is about a 2 bikes back in the grass. But in the sand, that yfz's light weight really shines, I wouldnt want to mess with a modded one at the dunes.

Old 01-03-2004, 05:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ok. I'm reviving this thread

I have a question to you HighLifterV700.

What HP/TQ do you think your VForce is putting out with your current mods?
How much do you weigh?

The reason I'm asking these questions is it is hard to believe that a quad that weighs about a 140lbs can beat a YFZ450R. Obviously a stock VForce cannot beat a stock YFZ and probably will lose significantly. Since there is such a large difference in weight the VForce would have to put out an average of 10hp through out the powerband and the peak about 12hp over stock to beat that lighter bike. What do you think the bike puts out?

I agree that the VForce with the proper springs, weights, etc. will haul in a drag race from the line. But what about starting at speeds of 20-40mph? I know KevinM over at KawieRiders says that the VForce has what it takes with little mods to take on all of the quads. His VForce appears to be an excellent example of the KFX's potential.

Now before anybody starts flaming on me, I currently do not have a VForce or any quad at this point. I am very interested in the VForce for it's auto and it's smooth running characteristics. You see, I'm a Salesman at a large local dealership and I have ridden every quad that we sell(Kawasaki, Suzuki, Polaris, Yamaha). Still have not ridden a DS650. Now I know that riding in the parking lot doesn't tell the whole story but it tells quite a bit. I've ridden a few out in the real world(dirt, hills, sand, etc.). The only quad I have had a lot of seat time is with the Predator. Actually a very good quad for the money.

The VForce interests me in the TQ department. I've ridden easy wheelies on the Praire 700 and the Twin Peaks 700. I'm hooked on the TQ and wheelie fun factor!!!

Anybody have some of their own VForce videos riding, racing, climbing? I have several from other sites but none of them show substanial performance advantages over other quads, especially the LTZ/KFX 400s.

Thanks....

I know the VForce is not a 'Race' quad but hey we are all very competitive no matter what quad we own......aren't we?

Old 01-03-2004, 06:08 AM
Pro Rider

How can anyone say that a YFZ doesnt have enough torque???? LOL!!! Torque is what wins drag races!!!! You are also comparing a 450 to a 700, COME ON now people, the 700 should waste it!! The weight isnt so much that it should keep a "700" from beating the "450"!!! Also, for a 13:1 compression piston, that means it was bored or sleeved I am assuming!!! My little 285 bike, obliterates my YFZ in a Drag!!! But when I first got my 250F built it was bored to 262cc with a Wiseco High Compression 13:1 piston, was cammed up, ran on 112 octane, I can say for a fact that it wasnt that much of an increase in power, stronger hit but not more power overall!!! The YFZ and the TRX450R are untouchable by any quad on the market today on an mx track stock for stock!!! I am defiantely not someone who believes what the mags say because I agree they are brand loyal, but they did do a shootout not to long ago between the YFZ that was only piped, a Predator 500 with internal and out, and a z400 modified to a 440, the 450 beat both of them!!!! WITH JUST A PIPE!!! Some people are firm believers in the mag an that statement was for them!!! It was really funny to see that someone found that the YFZ didnt have any torque, yet a YFZ in a 100 yard drag where torque is nearly 100% the winner, dominates pretty much any quad on the marke today!!!! AND TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS, modified yzf/yfz motors are definate screamers, my bikes rip!!!!! I'll roll a cr or kx500 any day of the week on my yz450f(the modifed 426F)!!! If I want anything faster, I'll just round up a banshee and check it to some of its aftermarket parts and modifications, there is no argueing about that, the banshee will devistate ANY quad!

Old 01-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

some people just like the sound of there own voice.........

Old 01-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Range Rover

i do love my V except when going jumping, BUT i rode my friend's new 450 with gyt slip-on, jetted, airbox cover removed and WOW!!!!!! i'll sell/trade my V for one of those any day. i guess it depends on how you use your quad, for pits,motos,jumps,etc. give me the yammer! trails-V of course. no reverse-who cares, yammi only weighs 350lbs!

Old 01-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Range Rover

did a show last nite and smoked the 450 yammie 4 out of 4 times actually smoked every one there 3 out of 4 times. the last race remember its a show had to finish 2nd. lost to a z400.

Quick Reply: V Force vs YFZ 450