Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V Force Power band

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V Force Power band

Does anybody have a dyno power curve for the KFX 700?? Stock or piped. Or any ideas as to what RPM makes max power?

I am looking at getting a Digitron for my V and with the Dalton adjustable weights, I should be able to dial it right in based on peak RPM HP

Thanks

Old 09-30-2003, 11:35 PM
Range Rover

Per service manual
maximum horse power 49.4 at 6500rpm
maximum torque 43.67 ft-lbs at 5000rpm
thats stock dont know anything else

Old 10-01-2003, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know how true those outputs are or where Kawasaki measures the 49.4 HP. It might be on the crank or something. The reason why is say this, is that some aftermarket exhaust shops get very much lower readings. HMF Engineering got a RWHP output of about 30 HP. Yes you can say that the results where achieved with stock tires and you need to add about 9HP to get slick tire RWHP. This pushes the RWHP to 39 HP, still 10 HP less that the factory claims. Where is this HP lost, CVT & drive shaft? The KFX700 have lower RWHP outputs that the Raptor, DS650, Predator and the YFZ450.

One thing I like about this bikes power delivery is how low it makes max HP and how smooth the power curve is. It’s got train like pulling power. (Based on HMF Engineering’s web site)

Old 10-01-2003, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

Hp from factory is measured at the crank.

Most bikes are dynoed in a direct 1/1 gear, ie. 4 or 5th, to get rear wheel HP.

An auto can't be dynoed, with the same results as the standards. how do you get 1/1 on an auto which is always trying to gear up. An auto will always get lower HP reading than a standard for that reason, when rear wheel HP is measured, because it can't be keep in that 1/1 gear.

Old 10-01-2003, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

Does it matter how much HP,we all bought these to have fun.Every ATV has something differant about it,to make it better for its application.So just ride and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks all,

I feel that there is more ponies above 6500 RPM than the manual states. One just has to unleash them. Since I am piped, that should raise peak RPM hp a few hundred RPM. I have learned never believe what the manufacter says. I am looking for a power curve from a Dyno-mite or something similar. Doesn't really matter if it is crank or RWHP. I want to set the primary clutching to run at peak HP then
worry about getting it to the rear wheels

Old 10-02-2003, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider

XC800

How do you like your MBRP Duals? I have been thinking about getting a set but havent talked to anyone who has them. Did you notice much gain? Whats the sound like? Are they loud as heck? I would prefer somthing under 96db. Yoshi's are supposed to be rated at 92-94db but thats alot of money for an exhaust. I figured i would wait a while and if i cant find anything else order the yoshis.

Trending Topics

Old 10-02-2003, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider

mtecate4g

I have the MRBP's also and I love them. Having said that, I don't have anything to compare it to, other than stock. A buddy of mine has the Alien exhaust on his KFX400 and it's loud. I find it kind of "blatting" loud, and he wears earplugs when he rides.

There was definitely a performance gain when I put them on, but how much, I don't know enough to say. The look and especially the sound was worth the cash though.

Old 10-02-2003, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mtecate4g
XC800

How do you like your MBRP Duals? I have been thinking about getting a set but havent talked to anyone who has them. Did you notice much gain? Whats the sound like? Are they loud as heck? I would prefer somthing under 96db. Yoshi's are supposed to be rated at 92-94db but thats alot of money for an exhaust. I figured i would wait a while and if i cant find anything else order the yoshis.
Awsome Sound. Not too loud, like a Harley. Except for one old beeeach , all the old guys 55-65 at my lake say they like the sound. This was my concern as I ride down the beach road for a mile till my riding area. The sound clips I have heard do not do the MBRP justice.

There is about a 3 to 4 hp gain ( from Alltoys) with these pipes. I just recieved my Dalton weights today. They are about 3 grams heavier with holes for Yami rivits. If piping a Quad is like piping a sled, heavier hitters in the primary will bring more power yet. I am going to do some testing with springs and the weights this Sat at Alltoys place. I will post the radar runs next week

Ride On

Old 10-02-2003, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

I like my duals, they are almost to loud for me. I have some great sound clips that I have to get off my camcorder, along with some nice video. I have some jetting issues though, I'm a tad rich so I will need to feed the beast some more air.

Quick Reply: V Force Power band