Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Just got my "top secret" proto type test Goodyear Radials

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 08:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my "top secret" proto type test Goodyear Radials

DWB... thanks for posting the pictures for me...

I can't wait to get my new wheels... I found a manufacturer that custom makes wheels for midgets & sprint cars etc... they started making ATV wheels... Keizer Wheels... they are extremely light & strong, they can custom make any offset, the rims are repairable ( the halves can be replaced seperately, if damaged )... I have 2 - 12" X 6" double bead lock fronts, & 2 - 12" X 8" double bead lock rears coming ... both with my custom off sets... both sets have mud shields... to keep dirt out of the rims... they are as light or lighter than the other brands, & cost me less than the prices I was quoted on the OMF, Douglas, & ITP C Lockers ...most brands of bead lock wheels are only available with outer bead locks...the Keizers are available either way...

I'll be mounting the new Goodyears on these wheels, when they get here, 1st of next week...

P.W.... I already told him that ...LOL...

Sorry, from what I've been told, I got the only extra set... & I'm to evaluate the tires during the race, for them... I just thought I'd keep all the forum readers in on it as well... WAM

Old 10-08-2003, 08:34 AM
Pro Rider

That is a unique looking tread pattern. With its sidebar looks like it would run better in the mud. Also looks like it would give a very smooth ride.

The wheels sound interesting also. Did Keizer Co. tell you they would come in at around 8-9lbs or did they mention a weight?

Old 10-08-2003, 08:42 AM
Pro Rider

K.O.D. The 7" double locks are supposed to weigh 8 lbs... so the 6" will be a little less... the 8" will be a little more... & they are available I beleive, up to 14" wide ????

Old 10-08-2003, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider

Them are the same tires the arctic cat 650 runs. They look like they should be a good all round tire.

Old 10-08-2003, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider

Sure Mike, just ignor me,,, LOL!!! I have mud caps for my OMFs but they will not be on for the 12 Hour race. If you have to change a tire or do an air pressure change they will slow you down!

Old 10-08-2003, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

P.W. never say never... I'd personnally only use the mud caps, if it was really wet... Dan & I we talking about that... I assume if its raining so badly that even the 4 X 4's aren't making it up some of those clay hills, that they will divert the track ( hill or impassable obstical ) to the access road, or an alternate route ????