Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

CI box v force -- no rev limit =102 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003 | 01:44 AM
2TV
Pro Rider
Default CI box v force -- no rev limit =102 MPH

Ah yes, those “track officials”. I’ll never forget that time I was running an errand on my Hurricane when a “challenger” approached from the side and then turned to follow me and pulled ahead of me. Well I wasn’t going to put up with that so I wicked up the throttle and quickly was pacing him and started to pull away. But about this point I was approaching a merge where another major “track” was joining mine (with a significant amount of traffic on it). So I just let the throttle roll back to its stop, sat up in the seat and watched as the challenger passed me and pulled away as my speed quickly dropped off.

Well wouldn’t you know it, one of those cars in the merging lane behind me was a track official. He of course noticed my speed was not synchronized with the traffic in his lane so he motioned for me to pull over to discuss it with me. After I handed him my license he noticed how “old” I was (even back then) and was surprised that I still rode with so much “enthusiasm” (although I believe he might have used a different selection of words). He asked me why I was riding like that and I paused for a moment trying to figure out what I was going to say and then he piped in “I bet I know what you were doing, you were speeding up to beat these cars into the merge weren’t you”. I said “yes, that was it” (I wasn’t about to tell him that I wanted to see how fast that low flying helicopter was going – which was 145 mph). Anyway I was polite and this track official told me that I was aware of how fast these things (my bike) could go and I should be more careful. He presented me with a souvenir (at no charge – this time) and let me go on my way.

But in all seriousness, I certainly do not condone this kind of riding. I was lucky, I did not get hurt (seriously) in all my years of riding (so far) and have not hurt anyone else (so far). I’ve had my share of bike accidents, but all of them were at reasonable speeds or less. A seasoned biker knows that if you’ve never had an accident before, it’s only a matter of time before you do (even if it’s no fault of your own – it could be slippery road conditions, an animal, another driver or any number of things). Have fun and be safe!

Old 10-25-2003 | 09:09 AM
Pro Rider

man it's early real long nite last night. so alltoys i think what you are saying is that you would like to run 9500rpms in 300feet and you want me to find a setup for it. i need exact details of everything on your bike. the jetting, cdi box info, elevation, all the works to get a good setup for you. in this case for 300feet you would need to change the ramps, primary and secondary springs, helix, and weights. now for engagement speed you would probably want right around stock speed so about stock .250" spring rates, with a higher .125" spring rate. not sure what type of angle helix the engine could pull in stock form, what helix is in there right now? i know for a snowmobile you can get aggressive strait line helixs for maximum upshift but with no backshift at all, just something to look into. weight and ramps no clue where to even start on this bike. but if you are really serious about this 9500rpm 300feet setup we can work together on it and mix and match a little and i am sure i can help you find a setup that works. what type of surface would you be racing on? if slippery then it would have to be clutched so the rpms are lower at first and then shift out towards about 210feet of so, if not you will spin the tires right out from under it. anyways let me know all the details and i will help you out and i will keep my eyes open for a V up here to do some testing on. umm and thanks alot kissofdeath i guess dont really got a clue what you are saying i dont brag about my skills i just use them.

Old 10-25-2003 | 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

mojave, not dissin on you dude, but you helpin out Alltoys on his clutch is like pee wee herman tellin arnold schwarzenegger how to lift weights. He has already modded the clutches of the 650 prairie, the 700 prairie and the V-force. He has tried just about every combination of weights out there as well as springs, and has machined the crap out of his clutches to increase their shiftout. His knowledge of the clutching on the prairie and the V is phenomenal and his results speak for themselves. Believe me, cause I got to ride his 650 this last summer and in a drag, he kicked my patootie big time. I'm not raggin you out or saying you don't know what you're doing, but Alltoys has about 30 years more experience than you do, and there is no replacement for experience. Again, I'm not being a jerk, just telling you the facts. Do a search and check out all the clutch mods he has done and you'll see for yourself.

Old 10-25-2003 | 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MOJAVE02
not tryin to fight with anyone, but kissofdeath if you are such a great tuner and builder you tell me how do get that kind of speed out of that bike and still be TRAILABLE????? come on man i really wanna know
This is what you mentioned in one of your replies and what irritated me into replying like I did.

I asked you a quesion that you could have answered with a yes or no. Instead, you write me a book about your accomplishments and at the end you type the "above" sentence. I never mentioned anything about me, you are the one doing all the talking and I wanted to know where all your experience came from. With all your "skills" you say you have Im suprised you are riding a warrior. I can tell you like to brag by how much you talk about yourself.

You can have the last shot, only reason I replied this time was to explain my last actions. I wont waste anymore of my time addressing you.

Old 10-25-2003 | 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

my v will do 77 mph and it took me a long time to get that tipe or speed. i cant see the v doing any faster than 75 to 77 with out gearing. my v is wound out tight at that speed. i dont want it to rev any higher than what it is doing right now i think it would throw a rod. i would like it to get to 75 alott faster than it is. right now i got it beating modded 400exs it should do better than that. i might be able to beat some stock raptors. we need msd to build a cdi box. thats who made the box for the prarie that kawa would not let the public have.

Old 10-25-2003 | 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

kissofdeath you are real cool trying to diss on a 15 year old. surprised i am riding a warrior, i am 15 years old and make $350 a week. skill in building has nothing to do with what you ride it is all about how much $$$ you have. check out mike metzger when he isnt riding his dirt bike he is out on his racher 350, so say he doesnt have any skill. find out about the 91 banshee i used to own that i built along with my father then say sumthin, sure it was fast but after 4 hours of trail riding it was toast not worth keeping. i buy my own stuff and support myself. i dont have my parents take care of my bills. o and by the way i am not big time into bikes as i said i am into snowmobiles that is where my money goes. and talk about myself come on man what have i said? i said what i do with my life, and that i can competently set up a bke or sled. and about my post to alltoys i dont have a clue who he is so i thought he was seriously wondering about a 9500rpm 300 foot setup. now i know who he is and i have the utmost amount of respect for what he does and what he has done. why does every post in these forums have to turn into a fight.

Old 10-25-2003 | 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

Mickey

Where is the RPM limit of the 700....before thing start flying???

Nice icon by the way!

Old 10-25-2003 | 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

MOJAVE02 you dont know me either, but I just wanted to say you handle yourself good for a 15 year old .

Old 10-25-2003 | 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

thanks a lot mickey. if i am correct you are the builder down at FST. i respect+admire you and your work a lot. you build some awesome bikes. thanks
mark

Old 10-25-2003 | 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

SHOTGUN I dont know when it will break and I dont want to know the hard way if you know what I mean. I do know they look weak so I am building new ones before we go for any big time power.

Quick Reply: CI box v force -- no rev limit =102 MPH