Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

CI box v force -- no rev limit =102 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003 | 01:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default CI box v force -- no rev limit =102 MPH

Mickey

It always amazes me, that when you post, guys don't ask more questions of you.

Keep up the good work on the kits, I hear all good things about them. I wished I taken that 800cc when I had the chance.

Rick

Old 10-25-2003 | 04:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: SHOTGUN
Anyone going 100 MPH on a Kawasaki Auto, has it in the back of a fast truck.

My 04 Avalanche cuts out at 98, so I can't do it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
You can turn that off, ya know...

Old 10-25-2003 | 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

Mojave02,
I admire your ability for someone so young you deserve a pat on the back your father should be very proud I know I would. I have managed to push the V to 9500 at 300 feet it has been a hard task the helix on the V and Prairie are not easy to ratify. basically the clutches are to small if you do get a chance to look at one you will see what I mean especially compared to a sled clutch there is no comparison. To get any speed out of this system there needs to have extreme machining done to amount to any interest. Sometimes a new approach seen by anothers eyes is all it takes to come up with a solution you may have the insight that is needed. I have gone as far as I can, If you ever get close to a V let me know I would be interested in hearing your analysis.

Old 10-25-2003 | 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

Mickey,
Is there a possibility to enlarge the jugs to push the CC's to say 1200 I have the ability just wondering if water jackets and such would be a problem also is there water in the head. If there is no water coolant in the head then a larger jug would be easier to design. Do you think the rods would hold under such displacement along with crank and so on.

Old 10-25-2003 | 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

thanks a lot all toys for your post i really appreciate everything you said. and mickey or anyone else could i have the number to FST. also alltoys for some setups on the sleds i have had to have some machining done to make setups work. if i ever get a V to do some testing on I will surely let you know because i would like some help on working these bikes. as you said the clutches are to small so i am trying to think of something to do to cure this because they can only me machined so far. i will do my best to find a new approach. thanks for all your encouragement i really apprecciate it. good luck.
mark

Old 10-25-2003 | 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

one more thing alltoys you probably are going to know that this wont work but have you ever tried a snowmobile clutch setup on one of these bikes. or maybe a somewhat machined sled clutch system might work. in what way are these clutches to small, like what parts are too big to use. i am really trying hard to figure this thing out.

Old 10-25-2003 | 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DamageIncorporated
Originally posted by: SHOTGUN
Anyone going 100 MPH on a Kawasaki Auto, has it in the back of a fast truck.

My 04 Avalanche cuts out at 98, so I can't do it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
You can turn that off, ya know...

How??

What does it do to my warranty. I really don't plan to do 100, but I would be interested in knowing.

Old 10-25-2003 | 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

With a scan tool or an aftermarket programmer, i.e. Hypertech.

Old 10-25-2003 | 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

shotgun get a hypertech power 3 programer. best $350 you ever spend. it can be used to read and clear trouble codes. you can raise your top speed limiter, rev limiter, and also change shift points. you can also calibrate the speedo for different tire diameters and rear gear rations. there are also setting to get max horsepower by either using regular or premium fuel. real good investment go for it.

Old 10-25-2003 | 06:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: MOJAVE02
shotgun get a hypertech power 3 programer. there are also setting to get max horsepower by either using regular or premium fuel. real good investment go for it.
The horsepower comes from advancing the timing. The premium fuel is needed to prevent detonation when advancing the timing (the horsepower doesn't come from the fuel).

Quick Reply: CI box v force -- no rev limit =102 MPH