Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

pros & cons on the mojave- I need advice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003 | 03:46 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default pros & cons on the mojave- I need advice!!!

ok- im probably going to buy a 2000 or 2001 mojave from a friend and ive read the stats about them and i wanna know what peeps and other riders think. ive seen that in numbers- the mojave is heavier than the 250ex but does have a larger ground clearance. ive heard honda riders bash "kawasucky" but im always going for the underdog. i need to know the pros and cons about this machine. what is it good for riding for- i will ride this thing about everywhere but mostly on the streets- yes thats mud, sand, marsh (i live in louisiana ok?), cement, woods and prety much everything else u can imagine. i will also probably bring this quad to a track by my house. i need to know how is acceleration, suspension, top speed, modifications, and main things to look after when i buy it. i want to get a quality atv and dont want to worry about too many things going out on it. please help me with my search for the best.
thank you,
David

Old 11-02-2003 | 05:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default pros & cons on the mojave- I need advice!!!

Mojave's are great. They were way before their time with the DOHC liquid cooled engine. The Mojave will flat out dust a 250EX. Mojave's handle good, wheelie good, and jump good. Put it this way, the Mo is good at everything, but not perfect at anything. It has a lot more power than the other 250 sports like the Z 250 and 250 EX and will hang with or outrun a 300ex. They are very reliable, despite what some people (usually people who don't own one) say. The only drawback is the kickstart. It isn't the hardest to use, but the result of a kick start is that your headlight runs on engine RPM's, so if you're going to be riding at night you have to rev it.

Overall, I say go for it. My brother bought one used that was somewhere around an 88 and abused it mercilessly and it still ran like it was brand new. I loved that thing until it got destroyed in their barn fire. Don't let people tell you that they're crap. Hope this helped. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]