Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

All Terrain Tire.........Snow Included?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Terrain Tire.........Snow Included?

How do the Holeshot ATRs do in the powder on a Prairie 650?

Old 11-12-2003, 02:52 PM
Range Rover

I was looking at the same tires.... I'm buying a new P700 in the next week and want better tires on it.
Does anyone have any experience with these or the Goodyear radials?

Old 11-12-2003, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

Vengence---- Do you ride Wayne Nat'l. Forest?
I have run ATR's on my old P-650, BUT never in the snow.....can't tell you how they'd do! Sorry. In most other situations, the ATR's shine. I will run them in my new P-700.

Old 11-12-2003, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

Interesting... I have a set of ATR's... I've never run them in the snow, but I don't think they'd be very good... IMO, if the snow is deep enough that the tire will reach the ground, you won't find a better tire, for control, acceration, etc. than the Goodyear Mudrunner... last winter I ran a set of 26" Mudrunners, & my riding buds couldn't keep up with me in 4 X 4, while I was ripping it up in 2 X 4... if the snow is deep, then the radials ( ATR's ) may help you stay on top more... but I'd be tempted to run the wider rear tires all the way around... I currently have a test set of the Goodyear MTR's... though I think they'll end up being one of the best all around tires, the fronts are narrower, while the rears are wider, than similar radials... kind of giving you half of what you need for each type of riding ( I think this would be a compromise in the snow )...if you are looking for a good deep powder tire... the Realtors, running backwards are supposed to be good... I've had pretty good luck with the Super Swamper TSL's... they are lighter & have shorter lugs than the Vamps... the new Radial Big Horns, may work as well as the Mudrunners, but are only 25" tall... if you really have snow, thats the time to break out the snowmobile, anyway ...LOL

Old 11-12-2003, 05:14 PM
Range Rover

Trx450 - I haven't been in Wayne national forest yet. This will be my first ATV. My dad, brother and step brother all have them, and I enjoyed riding their so much, I decided to get into it myself. I usually ride my Hayabusa, but now I'm switching to the dirt! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I'm really looking forward to the P700! I tested 4 ATV at the dealership last week, and liked the P700 the best.

Do you ride in Wayne? Where else is good to ride in Ohio area?

Old 11-12-2003, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

the snow tire is 589 28" I only use mine in snow but it when I have them on in the spring and fall they grab good on all surfaces

Old 11-13-2003, 07:56 AM
Pro Rider

I have used the Maxxis Shur Trac tire on the P-650....it works great!
Vengeance--- I ride WNF, near Nelsonville,OH when I can't be at Hatfield McCoy Trails in the Mtns. of S.W. WVa. The is also some good trails near Ironton, OH., called the Hanging Rock trailhead. It is ALSO part of the Wayne Nat'l. Forest. In the winter, when WNF is closed, I'll go to Big Rock in Maysville KY., Haspin Acres in E. Central Indiana. But I just love those awesome H/M trails. There are website for all these places ,just do a search.
I live around Columbus, where do you live?

Old 11-13-2003, 08:21 AM
Range Rover

Trx450 - My brother goes down to moorehead ,KY sometimes.... but I'm wanting someplace a little closer to home. I live in the Dayton area. So your only about an hr or so away. We used to ride dirtbikes and horses in an area of Zaleski State Forest, in SE ohio near Chilacothe, but I have only just returned to Ohio after being away for about 20yrs. I'm not even sure if they allow ATV's or riding there anymore. We'll have to go riding sometime!