Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

How do you like your 'V'

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 11:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you like your 'V'

Just looking for a little feedback from some of you V-force owners. I'm not particularly brand loyal but I do own a Raptor and like it very much so far. Please don't bash.

I've never had the the oportunity to ride a V-force but I've seen them at my local dealer. I've heard how much you V-force owners love your ride and I just wanted to hear what you like and dislike. There may be room in corral in the near future for another ride.

What about the auto trans? How do you like it? Does it keep the power band where it needs to be? Any "positive" feedback would be great.

Thanks guys.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2003, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Kicks,
I've just had mine for about 3 weeks now, and its awsome.. I haven't had
a chance to really open it up, but its a great ride, I've had it on the trails
two times and it tore up the trails.. I havent found anything I dont like
about it.. yet.. Comming from riding a 300 4x4 this thing is a monster, even
the wife is wanting one now..

Old 11-14-2003, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

JFK- I've had mine 7 months now and really like it alot. I too was weary of the auto tranny set-up, yet it hasn't dissapointed me one bit. The aftermarket primary springs are cheap 20-25 dollars and they really open it up. I've had no mechanical problems with it so far and would buy the same if I had it to do all over again. I'm not one for bashing any brand as long as you ride, and have a good time! Ride On-Mudfoot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2003, 12:41 AM
Trailblazer

i have mainly had yamahas -warrior, wolverine, blaster, and my latest fz1. iv'e never had a auto, although i have ridden a couple polaris 300-400 and my cousins kawi p 3- sumthin and i guess they seemed kinda slow and i didn't like them at all. the p 650 and scrambler are awesome! this v force is great i got it broke in and it seems really strong. i am shocked how nice it is stock. the new spring is in the maill for the tranny that everyone says makes it even better. the nerfs, shock covers, and a arm skids are on, and the pipes and stuff are still to come. i thought a auto would be boring, nope not this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-14-2003, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

I've had mine about six weeks and I'm very impressed with the bike. I came from riding a Scrambler so I was used to an automatic. My buddy who I mainly ride with has a Raptor and we trade all the time, great bike, I almost bought one, but I find myself not wanting to trade as much as he does[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I guess I'm just getting old, but the auto is awesome in the sand and the ride is alot more plush then the Raptor. By the end of the day, my buddy is dead tired while I feel great. I think you don't have to work as hard on the V.
The main complaint I have is with the fuel tank being to small. This thing is a gas hog, especially with duals. Happy riding.

Old 11-14-2003, 02:12 AM
2TV
Pro Rider

I’ve owned a 600 Griz, a Wolverine, a 660 Griz and then the V-Force. Before that it was about 30+ years of dirt biking with various brands (mostly Yamahas). The fun factor for me is highest with the V-Force on all but the really rocky trails. On those I’d rather be riding my IRS Grizzly for better control and comfort. On all but the roughest trails the torque of the V and the CVT transmission makes it an excellent trail rider. It has higher ground clearance than most (if not all) other sport type quads. It is pretty wide in stock form at around 48” for stability (equivalent to many utility models so trail navigation is no problem). The gas tank is under the seat to help keep the center of gravity lower than your average quad while the air filter is where the gas tank is on other quads. The V-Twin engine has a lower profile than an equivalent sized single (also helps lower the center of gravity). The auto transmission is fun, just gas and go, the engine stays in the “meat” of the powerband while the CVT controls the speed, so no worrying about what gear you are in (just let off or apply throttle as needed to control your speed).

The biggest negatives I have are that the throttle begins to feel stiff (more so than my Grizzly) after a couple of days of riding (such as when you go on a multi-day trail ride), however it’s possible mine needs cleaning and lubrication, although you are pulling the string for two carbs. The other is gas mileage isn’t very good (after all, it has a 697cc engine). However I typically ride with a group of utility quads when going on long outings so I have one of them carry a gas can for me.

In the future I plan to add a set of Elka shocks as from the feedback on the forums this makes a major improvement in the comfort and handling qualities of the quad (this will make it more tolerable on the rough stuff). I tried the pink spring that many people have talked about but ended up putting the stocker back in. I found the pink spring allows the engine to rev higher before it shifts, thus you find yourself running the engine at higher revs on average. This spring may be a benefit to those who’ve altered the performance curve (i.e. adding a performance exhaust and associated modifications) or if drag racing is your thing, but for general trail riding I think the stock spring is better if you have stock carburetion and exhaust as you’ll probably end up with better gas mileage but more importantly for me I felt that I could bang the throttle and raise the front end easier (to clear a trail obstacles) with the stocker.

Old 11-14-2003, 08:03 AM
Trailblazer

I have had mine about a month and I love it.

Hey 2TV, where do you ride up there ? I am just down the road in Mt. Airy

Old 11-14-2003, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer

i'm in hagerstown we all should meet up sometime!

Old 11-14-2003, 05:22 PM
Range Rover

I am 6'3" so I like a bigger bike. My good friend has a Raptor and it just feels really small when I ride it.

-Fun in the sand and in the trails
-The width does help stability, my friend has rolled his Raptor a few times already this year and I have not.
-The width does make it harder to get through spots in the woods that my friends Raptor can fit through
-Can hang with any bike until ~40 mph stock. After that the other sport bikes have higher gearing and they will pass you.
-Jumping is ok but needs better shocks. The width does help stablize landings and I can jump farther than my friend.
-Wish it were 50lbs lighter
-Wish it had a bigger gas tank
-sounds great
-Low end is really strong
-Its too bad the V700 does not have all of the tricks the yzf450 has. It seems like a lower tech big engine. Should put our more power and rev higher than it does.
-Can ride all day and not get that tired. Does not beat you up and rough wet sand like the Raptors and 250Rs I ride.

Old 11-14-2003, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

I love my V. I also really like the Raptor too. Some of my riding buddies have them and they are sure quick. I uust ordered a bunch of stuff fro my V including exhaust, k&N, spring, etc... I will let you know how it goes.