Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mojave with a KLR CDI

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mojave with a KLR CDI

Hello fellow juggernauts, I bought a 2000 Kawasaki Mojave, it was nice and snappy but not a whole lotta top end- ran outta breath pretty quick. Well-- needless to say that I uncorked it by ditching the stock air box and snorkel that routed up to the bars, rejeted the carb of course and found a supertrapp pipe on ebay for reasonable cost. Well I've hit the ceiling again- there's a long straight at my track, and I was wondering just how much more I could wring outta the little engine that could with a KLR CDI unit..
Thanks for listening... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2003, 10:50 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i beleive someone is selling their KLR cdi for 100 dollars, also it has a more advanced timing curve without the limiter (thanx mojaveaddict) and it would be good for an engine with some cams in it because the camshafts will end up making power at a higher rpm where the stock cams make power within the rev limiters range so it would be pointless to use the KLR cdi if you dont have cams, but if you did you might also have to worry about valve float, if you float a valve it is a bad thing for sure and you could bend a valve and seize up an engine, my best advice is to upgrade the valvetrain with heavy duty valve springs and stainless steel valves so on, hope this helps

Old 11-25-2003, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mines for sale for $100 plus shipping, already wired for your mojave.

jeffvacho1971@hotmail.com

Old 11-25-2003, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

boob

How did you ship the motor that you sold on EBAY? UPS? FEDEX? SMALL CRATE?

Old 11-25-2003, 11:52 PM
Range Rover

i sold it through ebay but i shipped it UPS and put it in a big cooler type box with alot of peanuts and took pictures for insurance and screwed the lid shut, hope that helps

Old 11-26-2003, 09:09 AM
Pro Rider

Hmm- $100, thats real tempting- but now I'm afraid that I'm gonna grenade my top end. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2003, 02:25 PM
Trailblazer

Hey, Ive got the KN installed on mine,but havent found an exhaust I like yet...How loud is your supertrapp? Also Howd u mount your UNI, my KN is mounted straight to the carb, opens up alot of area aropund the engine without that airbox under there, just worried what a little mud will do to it. What did you mount to your crankcase hole after you pulled the box. Im still trying to find a small filter to put on there.

Trending Topics

Old 11-26-2003, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

Hey there DAFUZZ, yeah-- the UNI is attached directly to the carb. Sure does open up the spot back there- looked a itte bare back there at first. As for the crank case hole- there was a small black hose that connected to the airbox- I simly continued with a lenght of hose directed down like the carb vent hoses- I know it's not the best thing and I'm still looking for a small filter to put on the end of it.

Old 11-26-2003, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

Addendim gto my last post- my supertrapp is quite loud- but I guess if ya get used to it it becomes OK. I understand that there are concerns as to the rest of the neighborhood. What I have been thinking of doing is fabricating an airbox/ cover out of fiberglass to house the air filter because thats where the noise is really while still allowing judicious amounts of air flow. I ran the stock pipe just for kicks, and it was only marginally quieter- so I can say with a fair amount of certianty that the ditching of the airbox is where a hight percentage of your noise comes from..

Old 11-26-2003, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer

Oh, ddidnt know the filter would be louder, installed the filter but havent had a chance to start it up, tryin to get that crankcase hole fixed first. I hope its not too loud, no atv riding in my hood. They passed an ordinance but I can get away with the riding because of the farms behind me. Neighbors are the worst around here.

Quick Reply: Mojave with a KLR CDI