Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

DYNO HORSEPOWER ON VFORCE

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 12:24 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DYNO HORSEPOWER ON VFORCE

Hey ROCKSVFORCE, with just a little porting, lot's of air, MBRP duals and
the proper jetting 45rwhp is easy. We made 40 with just duals, airbox mods and jetting.
I am getting ready to put one together with 55-60 rwhp in the coming weeks (still a trail machine on pump gas) I don't think reliability is really a concern even with 55-60 hp.
Ray

Old 12-13-2003, 12:26 PM
Range Rover

PS. we are going to try some different exhaust stuff too.
Ray

Old 12-13-2003, 12:38 PM
Trailblazer

DYNORAY,
THINK OF ME AS A PURE BEGINNER AT ENGINES. WHAT IS PORTING AND WHAT ARE THE AIR BOX MODS THAT YOU RECOMEND?

BEFORE I HAD MY V DYNOED I CUT HOLES AROUND THE TOP EDGES OF THE AIR BOX. NOW AFTER THE DYNO I HAVE A NEW AIR BOX LID WITH NO HOLES. WOULDNT IT BE BETTER TO JUST TAKE THE LID OFF , INSTALL A K&N FILTER AND JET PROPERLY? REVEAL ALL OF YOUR SECRETS TO THE MASSES!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2003, 09:02 PM
Range Rover

Hey ROCKS, you can take the lid off if you have enough main jet. When I was jetting the last V 168/172 was the largest jets I had at the time and that was not enough with the cover off. It's not a great way to run a trail bike anyway. TPI valves (because you can close them if the air density changes) and Bullseye vent (because you can put the covers on) are the best way to go.
With this setup you don't have to rejet as the air changes, just adjust the amount of air available to the carbs.
Porting is, grinding in the intake and exhaust ports as well as the combustion chambers to increase air flow and velocity. the more air and fuel (in the proper ratio) you can get into and out of the cylinders, the
more power you will make.
Ray

Old 12-14-2003, 01:06 AM
Trailblazer

3TV,

I WILL CALL EXTREME ON TUESDAY WHEN THEY OPEN AND FID OUT WHAT THEY DID AND THE PROPER JETTING FOR MY SET UP.

AGAIN I HAVE ALIEN DUALS SO I DONT KNOW HOW THE JETTING WILL BE AFFECTED WITH ANOTHER BRAND OF PIPES. MY ALIENS ARE

WIDE OPEN WITH NO SPARK ARRESTORS OR BAFFLES. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY THEY SAID MY BIKE WAS WAS TOO LEAN WITH MY

PIPES AND THE STOCK JETTING. MY BIKE ALSO RUNS WELL, THOUGH NOT AS FAST WITH MY QUIET CORE BAFFLES IN WITH MY CURRENT

JETTING? I HOPE I CAN HELP, BUT AS SOON AS WE START MAKING OTHER CHANGES SUCH AS MAYBE PORTING AS DYNORAY DOES, ALL

BETS ARE OFF UNTILL THE V IS RE-DYNOED.

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT,

CHRIS.

Old 12-14-2003, 11:56 AM
Range Rover

Hey guys, my shop is just above sea level. 3TV your right, you are a little to rich at 6000. I can't really recomend what jet's to run at 3000 and 6000ft because we don't run above 2000ft.
Tip: the V's like to be a little rich on the main though.
Correction to my previous post, we made over 38 with stk exhaust and almost 42 with duals before going into the engine. I checked the computer yesterday. I believe we were running 158/162's or 152/155's (I'll have to verify that one the dyno computer) with stk engine, duals and the 1 TPI valve in the airbox.
Ray

Old 12-19-2003, 02:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Highlifter. I know you guys have a dyno dowm at your shop. I was thinking about ordering a set of procircuits, and a k&n filter. Can you get bikes tuned at Highlifter. Also what jets are you running?? I see you are using dyno jet. I think if yours is set up from dyno runs that it should be the same size as I would need. I am in the shreveport area too. Any help would be apreciated.

Old 12-19-2003, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

ROCKSVFORCE what shop did you take your into? What is it Xtreme Performance Kawasaki on 8th in Castle Rock?

My Prairie 700 is in bad need of tuning for altitude and the guys where I bought it (GPM) are not the sharpest knife in the drawer and aren’t getting another shot to fix their "Guaranteed High Altitude Setup"

Thanks!

Old 12-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer

MIKERHYNE , YES IT IS EXTREME IN CASTLE ROCK, THEY DO A GREAT SET UP.

3TV, I CALLED THEM ON TUESDAY AND TODAY , THEY SAY THEY ARE EXTREMLEY BUSY . IM GOING ON VACATION TILL AFTER CHRISTMAS SO I WILL LET YOU KNOW AFTER I GET BACK.

Old 12-19-2003, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks I'm taking it in Friday!

Quick Reply: DYNO HORSEPOWER ON VFORCE