Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

DYNO HORSEPOWER ON VFORCE

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DYNO HORSEPOWER ON VFORCE

ANY BODY ELSE HAVE THEIR VFORCE DYNOED, MY V HAS BEEN JETTED FOR ALTTITUDE AND I HAVE ALIEN DUALS, STOCK AIR BOX AND FILTER, NO SPRING CHANGES. MY V HAD 34.7 HP WITH DUALS AND STOCK JETTING. AFTER THE JETTING SET WAS UP PROPERLY I NOW HAVE 39.7 HP. MAN WHAT A DIFFERANCE JETTING MAKES WITH THE DYNO. IM AT 6000FT. WHAT DO YOU GUYS HAVE?

Old 12-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

I got the same exact results as you did!!!! Mine had about 35 with the duals and jets HMF sent. It was reading that the jetting was good also. I even started drilling holes in my airbox and crap too!! But the dynojet engineer came down and made some new kits for other atv's, and he helped me jet mine out. OMG!!! Its now at over 38hp.... He showed me that getting more air doesnt mean crap, its all about the jetting. Even with the holes in my airbox, it dynoed nothing extra!! So I taped them up and the bike has never ran so good before.

Old 12-11-2003, 10:26 PM
Range Rover

So whats the key man? I would love to have the peace of mind that one gets from knowing that their bike is running as good as it can. How do I know if my bike is jetted properly? As it is now it runs smooth and the plug looks just about right. Are there other ways to test jetting?

Old 12-11-2003, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

So if getting more air in your airbox isnt crap then puting a turbo on it wouldnt help either? I would think that holes in your airbox wouldnt do much sitting still like on a dyno, but it would if you were in motion the force would greatly increase power would it not? Im not an expert at this but that would make sense to me. What do you guys think?

Old 12-11-2003, 10:45 PM
Range Rover

Cutting holes in your lid wont force air in. It will only allow it to flow with less restriction. The only way you can force air into you airbox would be with some sort of ram air set up.

Old 12-11-2003, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

yep like i said "in motion"

Old 12-11-2003, 11:41 PM
Range Rover

I dont know how your bike is set up but on mine the air box is under the seat. What ever forced airflow there may or may not be under my seat while in motion most certainly is not funnelled or "forced" into the carb. My guess is that a moving quad with the air box lid off makes exactly the same hp as a stationary one.

Old 12-11-2003, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

You must be on a 400 then . No i think that a bike with the lid off would make more power in motion than stationary. The more air you can push into your airbox (with proper jetting) the more power you will create. i.e ram air, super charger turbo, all are forcing air into your intake Now the super charger and turbo will do this sitting still but its along the same lines

Old 12-12-2003, 12:06 AM
Trailblazer

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

Old 12-12-2003, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

I ALSO HAD EXTREME DO THERE SET UP ON MY PRAIRE, IT ROCKS NOW!!! I DONT HAVE ANY DYNO RESULTS BUT IM SURE ITS WAY FASTER THAN STOCK, THEY ALSO CHANGE THE SPRINGS AND WEIGHTS ALONG WITH THE JETTING. THE AIR BOX AND FILTER THING CONFUSES ME HOWEVER, WITH VARYING THE AMOUNT OF AIR INTO THE CARBS YOU WOULD ALSO HAVE TO CONSTANTLY CHANGE THE FUEL INPUT ALSO. SO UNLESS YOU HAVE A POSITIVE PRESSURE I.E. TURBO OR SUPERCHARGER THE CARBS CAN ONLY SUCK IN SO MUCH AIR. IM STICKING WITH WHAT I HAVE ON THE V FOR NOW UNTILL A NEW IGNITION BOX COMES OUT THEN I WILL HAVE IT RE-DYNOED TO SEE THE CHANGE.

Quick Reply: DYNO HORSEPOWER ON VFORCE