Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Camshaft for Mojave

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Camshaft for Mojave

Where can I get a new or reground camshaft for my Mojave. I'm aware of Web Camshafts, and they list specifications, but I'd like to know if there are any others out there. I have a KLR CDI and want to make the most of it's capabilities. How high of cam lift is mechanicaly possible? Does anyone know the stock camshaft specifications for the Mojave? Thanks...........

Old 12-12-2003, 02:00 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try megacycle cams: 415-472-3195
White Brothers also makes a cam:www.whitebrothers.com

Old 12-12-2003, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

http://www.megacyclecams.com/

Or just call Greg at CWR, 717 637 1907, he has megacycle cams at the same price.

If you change to a web or megacycle it will be a hard weld cam and you will need to have your rockers hardened. Thats another $100.00 If you go with the 380 or larger you will need a set of high po valve springs too.

Old 12-12-2003, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks mojaveaddict, the 380 looks like the ideal- I like it better than the webcamshafts profile with the same lift. I'm aware that new springs are in order, but what about the valves? I'm thinking that if I wind the p!ss outta this thing on any kind of a regular basis that I'd better get stainless steel ones. I'm definately going with the hardened rockers.. Thanks

Old 12-13-2003, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

stainless valvea are great. I run 1mm oversize stainless in my mo. You will also need a klr250 cdi if you plan on reving the **** out of it. The cam is pretty much useless without the cdi. Another good trick that is cheap is to run a 400ex carb. you can buy them for 40 bucks on ebay sometimes. Then remove the choke assy and put it on and get the jetting right. It has an accell pump and is 1.5 mm bigger than the stock carb. you will need a honda thumb throttle and a 400ex cable also. and yea, you are right, the 380 cam is the one to use. CWR has everything you need except a 400ex carb.

Old 12-13-2003, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Hey 'addict, what color of blue did ya paint yer frame on the #6 mojave? It looks great............

Old 12-14-2003, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

hey thanks. I'm not sure what the powder coat number is. I picked it from a set of samples. My powder coater calls it Carolina Grating blue, only because that is the company that uses it for all their stuff. It is very close to Yami yz blue. I love the blue and green combo. The frame for my super mojave project is at the powder coaters now. The frame will be the same blue with a blue swing arm and blue upper a arms but the lower a arms will be kawi lime green and it will have lime green plastic. I now have Greene Streak Racing decals in blue and grren like the logo at the begining of the super mo album to go on the parts i have made. look for pics in about two weeks.

Greene Streak Racing projects

Old 12-17-2003, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Hey 'addict- what all mods do ya have on yer 'jave? my nextstep here is to go with a .380 cam and stainless steel valves 1mm with stiffer springs. What compression do ya run, what do you use for gas? Thanks

Old 12-17-2003, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah-- I have a KLR CDI box............

Old 12-18-2003, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

kwackermann, my new engine for the new super mojave project is built but has not been fired up yet because i am still putting the quad together. The mods are 330 big bore with 13/1 compression, 1mm oversize stainless valves, hi rev valve springs with titanium retainers, 380 lift cams, 5 angle valve job, major porting by greg at CWR, 38 mm lectron powerjet carb, custom air intake system that mounts pod filter under seat, lightened flywheel, klr 250 cdi box, FST clutch springs, supertrapp race exhaust, and modded shift pawl with shortened shift lever. I use cam 2 or vp racing gas. There are more mods to my frame and suspension then there are to my motor though.

Green Streak Racing projects

Quick Reply: Camshaft for Mojave