Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki 700 VS Polaris 700

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki 700 VS Polaris 700

Got to jump in here on the side of the prairie guys.

I owned polaris', used to trade every year. had two at a time, one to use while the other was being fixed. I traded both for one Prairie.

I like the polaris, looked good, rode good, great mudder, just not reliable. CV's always broke or boots torn off, grease fitting everywhere, alway something.

The diff lock on a Polaris is not a true diff lock in my book. I've seen hundreds pull in the pulls I have, I see the front wheels kick in an out all the time. In all the years that I've had pulls, not one Polaris has even placed, besides the ones we had pulled with.

Here we go, that should stir the pot. I'm not tring to bash, Just telling my experience and what I've seen.

Old 12-22-2003, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

I ride with two 700 sportmans, we have traded on an off a couple of times, the sportman rides nice, so nice it puts me to sleep! My Prairie does get stuck more than theirs, but I will get there alot faster than they will!

I have seen both of their machines towed in, so far no Prairies! Knock on Wood. My dealer is a diehard Polaris man, but you know what is in his barn? A 700 PRAIRIE!

When it comes to chosing it is up to each persons style of riding. If you mud and want a nice ride the Sportman will work and if you want to have a sporty 4WD that will keep you out front and pulling the Prairie is the way to go. The brakes work much better on the Prairie than the sportman also.

800 cc Who cares! They still won't make them any faster than they are now, so you still are going have to modify somehow!

Old 12-22-2003, 09:21 PM
Range Rover

ITP 589 m/s' on both of our 650's and I have not seen a polaris that can go where our machines do. I've pulled out many a polaris....then run right through the hole they stuck it in.

Previously we had a Sportsman 500, and the thing was so unreliable, that it wasn't even funny. Brakes went bad almost immediately, went through 4 or 5 belts in a little over a year, and eventually had to replace the whole clutch assy.....also, the front hubs leaked to the point of being empty, found that when changing brakes one time.

Old 12-22-2003, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

Bigtimearcher, I invite you to come and join me on my Grizzly, and several Polaris Sportsman owners to join us during the up coming Jeep Jamboree at Upper Tellico ORV area in Murphy North Carolina in April!! Speed plays absolutely nooooooooo factor at Tellico!!!! These trails make the Hatfeild McCoy trails and the Paiute not even compare!!! Please join us and see if you can follow us!!!!!! There is no mud, just trails in the moutains, trails where several people have died!!! These trails are virtually impassable without a winch!!! Mostly Hybrid Jeeps and other creations ride there!!!! On a given weekend there are usually 100 quads in the mountains!!!!! I can definately say from experience, non-independent-non front lockin diffed quads will never compare!!!!! If you dont believe me, do a search on the Upper Tellico ORV trails!!! Please join me to challenge trail #2's Rock Garden, Trail #6's rock ledge, Trail #11's helicopter pad and Guardrail(Literally a guardrail on that section of trail 11 to keep vehicle from flipping down the mountain) and #12's Slick Rock!!!! I will gladly be humble enough to show you the capabilities of your machine and the IRS machines!!!!! I think the date for the next Jamboree is around the 13-17th of April, usually over a 1000 people there and several hundred machines of every make!!!! Sport quads are wasting there time to even ride there!! Please fill free to join me there and you will see the "King-All-Mighty Prairie" dethroned by ALL Polaris Machines and ALL grizzlys!!!!! Also, make sure you Prairie has a winch, there is no way on Gods wonderful Green earth that ANY quad no matter how bad or how "FAST" your machine is will make it withough winching!!!! On any given day it takes usaully 3-4 hours to go down 4 miles of trail at Tellico!!! Please join me, I know ever trail and every route a quad as well as Hybrid can go along those trails!!!! I hope to see you there, my invitation is to any and all prairie riders and any ATV riders period!!! Be Safe and Ride Hard!

Old 12-22-2003, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

What kind of tires do you have on your P700? Just wondering because after I added the c-series wheels and my 26" 589's my P700 seems way more stable while low speed crawling.
Camo700, everything on my P700 is still stock. I would like to make the front end a little more stable. Maybe go a little wider with some spacers, and some stiffer springs, if they're available. The stock tires will go, eventually, but I'm going to get my money's worth out of them first.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Old 12-22-2003, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TellicoGrizz660 trails where several people have died!!!

Gee, doesn't that sound like fun...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2003, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

Friesen,
Type in 800cc Sportsman in a Google search engine then come back and tell me what comes up!!!

Old 12-23-2003, 02:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I didnt come up with nething that is atv realated....so pm me a link or something

Old 12-23-2003, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

TellicoGrizz660
your the kind of guy i could get along with. your one of few people who know what there talking about on here. hey i have always had polaris's and never had a problem. will nothing that natural wear does't do anyway. i like the Grizzly as will. yamaha is alright. i hopefully will get a raptor her some time. just cuz i want a shifter with reverse. and what els better then the raptor? i would get the predator but no reverse.

Old 12-23-2003, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

TellicoGrizz660, everyone here knows the Prairie doesn't have the ground clearance to ride Tellico.
So whats the point?

Quick Reply: Kawasaki 700 VS Polaris 700