Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

700 Prairrie Whats all the Hoopla?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700 Prairrie Whats all the Hoopla?

I own an 02 prairrie with DG Snorkel, Holeshot module, K & N Power kit, Black & Red EPI Springs, Super Trapp IDS II, 25" X 12.5 Mudmachine Triclaws & 25" X 7" Holeshot ATRs, Penland Brothers race cams, and 3" X 4" hole in Air filter housing on left corner above a K & N filter 140/138Jets. In Low range, my machine will virtually flip if you nail throttle & do not get off the gas. Tops out at 65 & I'm a 260lb rider. A Stock Prairrie is simply no contest in drag or trails. Still waiting to race a P700. Anybody out there with similar mods raced a P700? Any more power and the first thing I'd be looking for is better brakes. Since Priarries are a whole lot cheaper I definately recommend aforementioned Mods to anybody owning a P650. Yes I Know same mods on P700 would be brutal, but, could you use all that power on trails? I'm simply tickled each time nail the throttle and roost the Polaris, Hondas, & unsuspecting P650s with my OLD 02 Prairrie.

Tomorrow is not promised. Live each day to its fullest

Old 12-22-2003, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

What would you say you have invested in your quad's mods and did you do all the work yourself?
If you could only make one mod to a stock p650 - p700 what would it be?
Thanks

Old 12-22-2003, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Tuff we got two new ones in the club none will race me. I will goat them into it soon but the snow is getten deep.
P.S. My profile does not tell half the story but we must all have our secrets. They fear my 650[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2003, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

DaRiot. Tires Tires Tires did I say tires yet?

Old 12-22-2003, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

How many miles on your mud lites?

Old 12-23-2003, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider

TuffEnuf, I can only imagine what the other people in your riding group things about you beast!!! Sounds like something mighty fast!!!! But in that case, I'll race you on my "STOCK" 450 yamaha and even my puny little 285! LOL!!!!!!! Seriously, your machines sounds very nice but will it "FOLLOW" my stock 660?

Old 12-23-2003, 04:23 AM
Pro Rider

prairies will "follow" gizzs anywhere..........as long as we only use half throttle. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2003, 05:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cartman308
prairies will "follow" gizzs anywhere..........as long as we only use half throttle. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Cartman, please fill free to join me at the next Jeep Jamboree they have at the Upper Tellico ORV area in NC. Go to this site and check out the pics: http://www.tellico4x4.com/murphy/index.htm Please do!!!! I have ridden with manyyyyyy Prairies at Tellico!!!!! It mainly involves speeds under 5MPH! Also its all Rock Crawling!!! There is no way in this world you will everrrrrrrrrrrr follow me at Tellico!!! Even the faithful Prairie owners will attest that Rock Crawling isnt a strong point of the Prairie, wait nothing is unless it involves speed!!! If you want speed, try following me over 115ft triples at my local MX(motocross) track!!! I'll show you REAL speed! Honestly, the Prairie is a wonderful quad, but if you really can't comprehend the capabilities of a non-IRS quad versus a Fully Independent quad with Diff lock in Rock Crawling situations then that just shows your knowledge of Riding!!!! I realize my grizz wont beat the P700 in a drag. But I also know where mine can go that the P700 can't!!!!!! Thats not bashing it, thats just the truth!!!! Right now I got the best of both worlds, The grizz to go anywhere and the YFZ to flat out drag race the Prairies!! LOL!

Old 12-23-2003, 08:47 AM
Pro Rider

CARTMAN... he baited you & you took it hook line & sinker...LOL... I wouldn't ride most of those areas he's going on his Grizzly, in my highly modified Jeep... In which I have done some mild to medium rock crawling, let alone my Prairie...

& yes, I will agree with you TELLICOGRIZZ660, that the IRS will out perform the SRA's in your area ( which still requires lots of body english )... I don't honestly know if I could afford to wheel there ??? How do you keep the body damage down ??? I've always been a "***** to the walls" kind of guy... & riding at the end of a cable, never really interested me that much... though I'm fully aware & respect the trails that you are running...there are just some areas that nasty horse power won't help you, & this is one of them...what kind of tires are you running ??? I know from my Jeeping expiriences, that beadlocks, tread design & tire pressure can make as much difference as a compliant suspension... I ran 33" X 14.5" X 15" Micky Thompson HP's on my Jeep, when I got into the rocks, mounted on steel wheels ( poor man locked ), with 4-5 psi... this set up seemed to work really well, for me...

Old 12-23-2003, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

Beatle, 589's. Fronts 28x9x12 fronts and 28x11x12 rears on itp wheels!!! You are definately right though, I have had my fair share of flips along those trails!!! Me I like to do the most extreme riding I can find, one reason why I like MX, so much fear factor!!! I seldom if ever ride trails just to ride, I like to ride mainly for the challenge!!! Please dont think I am bashing, I would love for anyone to come and enjoy Tellico the way that I do!!! By the way, talking about Jeep, LOL, let me describe one vehicle I saw at tellico! Most are Hybrids(custome built from the ground up 4x4 machines) but thie one guy had a Toyota Tacoma Xtra Cab, just the cab from doors back, no bed or hood or fenders, it was sitting on 72 inch Tractor tires filled half way with wather and 0 air!!! LOL!!!! Had all wheel steering and bag suspension that I know could articulate at least 4 feet, had airbags under the cab to level it out during off-camber climbs, 350 bored to 383 which I saw him literally smoke all 4 tires at teh Rock Garden on Trail #2. It is amazing to see what people build!! Tellico is the most extreme riding you will find in the east, if not the entire US. I have never ridden the Rubicon out in Cali, but it makes you wonder why People from Cali travel all the way to NC to ride in the Jamborees and the events which have been Televised before!!! Thats my style of riding!! The Polaris machines are beasts there and very capable of doing what my machine can do, but I am a littler weary of the idea that the rear tires have to spin before the front's do!! Especially going straight up on rocks! LOL!!!! But have seen the Pol's leave me!!!! I invite anyone to come ride there, its very challenging!! Ride Hard and ride safe!

Quick Reply: 700 Prairrie Whats all the Hoopla?